THE BROWNS BOARD

Tito to the Reds

Sort of Guardians adjacent, word on the street is he’s gonna skipper the Reds.

I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.

I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m pretty happy about it, but the way it’s going down seems fishy. The Reds re-upped David Bell to manage through 2026, and they fired him a week before the end of this season.

I get the impression the Reds’ brass sent out feelers and this has been in the works for a while. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/terry-francona-cincinnati-reds-manager-report-mlb/62506075

As the board's resident Reds fan, I approve of this move. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck

2 hours ago, syd said:

or maybe they looked at the mets and the tigers run to the playoffs and thought bell should have done the same. or is that the front office of the reds just suck

The front office has gotten some well deserved backlash the last couple years. I kinda see this move as an attempt to atone for that. 

Where you gonna go?

I think a few weeks ago there was a “holy shit Terry Francona is willing to take the job!!!” epiphany in the front office and now we are seeing it play out. 

I do feel bad for David Bell. He’s a good guy and a good baseball man, but maybe not the best manager. I suppose 2 more years under contract is a solid severance package though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The front office has gotten some well deserved backlash the last couple years. I kinda see this move as an attempt to atone for that. 

Where you gonna go?

I think a few weeks ago there was a “holy shit Terry Francona is willing to take the job!!!” epiphany in the front office and now we are seeing it play out. 

I do feel bad for David Bell. He’s a good guy and a good baseball man, but maybe not the best manager. I suppose 2 more years under contract is a solid severance package though. 

Reds hit a homer with the hire

side note : did you know TITO played for The Reds and that Pete Rose was the Skipper ?

• Upvote 1