THE BROWNS BOARD

The Haslam Monday Effect

Ghoolie Always Ghoolie

1) Do all kinds of research including game film analysis, tale of the tape, player comparisons, and the strategy we will need to win.

2) Watch the same undisciplined, intensity-deprived, mismanaged football that hasn't become synonymous with the Browns

3) Go silent on Monday

4) Repeat the same bullshit from last week and get excited, thinking THIS will be the turn around week.

The Problems........           

ShitMyPantski is a beta male. He is a coffee fetcher who allows Paul Depodesta to call the plays and design the game plan.

Schwartz is Romeo Crennell.....another coffee fetcher.

Depodesta has created the greatest team on paper in the history of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

1) Do all kinds of research including game film analysis, tale of the tape, player comparisons, and the strategy we will need to win.

2) Watch the same undisciplined, intensity-deprived, mismanaged football that hasn't become synonymous with the Browns

3) Go silent on Monday

4) Repeat the same bullshit from last week and get excited, thinking THIS will be the turn around week.

The Problems........           

ShitMyPantski is a beta male. He is a coffee fetcher who allows Paul Depodesta to call the plays and design the game plan.

Schwartz is Romeo Crennell.....another coffee fetcher.

Depodesta has created the greatest team on paper in the history of the NFL.

Can't argue with that..

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No Depodesta has created a shitshow on paper and that's what we have now in real life.

Text we can put it into different terms, but my point is that the podesta has far too much control of what stefanski does.

Whatever the dynamic is stefanski is not a good coach. He is either a bad coach, or he is letting an egg head guide his career. Either way he's the wrong guy. Now I get it how can you tell the owner what to do. Well that's a matter of perspective. Three times in my life I lost my job because I told the CEO he was an asshole or that I did not agree with what I was being asked to do. Getting fired cost me a lot but looking back I don't regret any of it. Now that I run my own show I can smell bullshit 10 miles away. Whatever stefanski is he has no balls

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Text we can put it into different terms, but my point is that the podesta has far too much control of what stefanski does.

Whatever the dynamic is stefanski is not a good coach. He is either a bad coach, or he is letting an egg head guide his career. Either way he's the wrong guy. Now I get it how can you tell the owner what to do. Well that's a matter of perspective. Three times in my life I lost my job because I told the CEO he was an asshole or that I did not agree with what I was being asked to do. Getting fired cost me a lot but looking back I don't regret any of it. Now that I run my own show I can smell bullshit 10 miles away. Whatever stefanski is he has no balls

We don't really disagree. Depodesta runs it for the owner directly. Not a damn thing any coach can do about it, even the HC. So we know who the real problem is, the owner who has given too much input to a non-coach bean counter. That spells the disaster we see.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We don't really disagree. Depodesta runs it for the owner directly. Not a damn thing any coach can do about it, even the HC. So we know who the real problem is, the owner who has given too much input to a non-coach bean counter. That spells the disaster we see.

Absolutely...

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

You have to think that if this year finishes as we think is will 7-10 ish, someone's head has to roll.

The only question is, will it be the actual problem (Depodesta) or a scapegoat?

I would bet a scapegoat... I wish they would get John Dorsey back but... We know that won't happen..

On 9/30/2024 at 8:34 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Believe it or not, I LIKE how you're presenting your argument in this thread for the most part. It's a lot easier when this team isn't winning 11 regular season games despite using 5 different QBs while renting Offensive Tackles from Rent-A-Wreck. 

All that said, I wonder why you always give Jimmy a pass like he too is a hostage of Depodesta.  The ONLY reason Stefanski is even here is because after Jimmy didn't listen to Depodesta the first time (that Stefanski was his fave/guy) - he got his way the next time with the hiring of Stefanski.  We're clear you hate Stefanski; so firing 1 scapegoat going viral again removes all scent to the real problem.

You're a smart business guy from what I gather so where in all this do we get right back to the real question "once any and all scapegoats are fired again - WHO is going to be doing the hiring THIS time?"  If it's STILL Depodesta - you, me and many others over 60 aren't going to live long enough.  Having said that, the next major problem is Jimmy's inability to hire the right FO guy so I get the impression he will continue try to convince himself he needs to stick with the same guy.  Pittsburgh always set the tone with their ownership. This owner uses Rent-A-Brain and that's Depodesta.

In this operation, the GM (Andrew Berry) whose big strength is the supposed to be the salary cap - had countless important high round draft picks removed from his ability to build a team on someone else's vision quest for Deshaun Watson. I'm just preparing myself out-loud here for the next inevitable "he's gotta go" from Depodesta whispering sweet nothings into Jimmy's ear.  There's too many chiefs in 1 teepee here. Long story short, we've already seen where the guy in charge of all the hiring has taken this franchise.  If Depodesta doesn't get his walking papers THIS time - Jimmy remains our biggest problem.  If Jimmy does the right thing - all he has to do is trust and empower another Harvard grad already working in his FO (Berry) to do all their football personnel decisions, etc.   

NFL Owners are enjoying their biggest profit margins ever from the SHARED REVENUE every owner takes in from the Sunday Ticket Monopoly.  Even the worst teams with the worst owners are more money than ever.  This ain't the rule in America - it's the exception to it.  The danger in our case is there's no urgency or cue to action for Jimmy to do anything but stick with business as usual in Cleveland. 

Edited by Flugel