THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Jaguars

Orion

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Edit: also a reminder that Flacco played with Baltimore defenses that would win games in spite of him. 

Flacco was a gunslinger. His arm (and his choices where and when to throw the ball) would giveth and it would taketh. 

• Upvote 1

On paper the Browns have been built to win now. Given what we saw Week 1. That may not be the case. I think using Myles Garrett as a piece to get the next franchise QB is diligent (I'm not happy about it but it's potentially the right move), I'm not just ready to pull the trigger. Maybe because I haven't seen enough college QBs yet.

Though far away the most important piece, it's not just a franchise QB.

The Browns need a LT. We all want Dawand Jones to be the man at RT, but he needs to prove himself. How many more years will they get out of Joel Bitonio? Wyatt Teller is only signed through 2025. Amari Cooper becomes a Free Agent in 2025. Nick Chubb becomes a Free Agent in 2025.

If we get to the end of the season and trading Myles Garrett makes the most sense for the franchise to get the next QB, then so be it.

09/14  Waived WR Jaelon Darden

09/14  Signed WR James Proche II and LB Winston Reid to the active roster from the practice squad

09/14  Elevated T Germain Ifedi and TE Blake Whiteheart to the active roster from the practice squad

----

Seems like they now prefer Proche to handle the punts at least.

That tackle, he's not the guy who played for us last year is he?    

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

On paper the Browns have been built to win now. Given what we saw Week 1. That may not be the case. I think using Myles Garrett as a piece to get the next franchise QB is diligent (I'm not happy about it but it's potentially the right move), I'm not just ready to pull the trigger. Maybe because I haven't seen enough college QBs yet.

Though far away the most important piece, it's not just a franchise QB.

The Browns need a LT. We all want Dawand Jones to be the man at RT, but he needs to prove himself. How many more years will they get out of Joel Bitonio? Wyatt Teller is only signed through 2025. Amari Cooper becomes a Free Agent in 2025. Nick Chubb becomes a Free Agent in 2025.

If we get to the end of the season and trading Myles Garrett makes the most sense for the franchise to get the next QB, then so be it.

If you were the Browns GM this coming off season, what would a team have to offer for you to say yes for Myles? 

Before the season started I thought we'd get 3-4 wins our first 5 games.  It's only a sample size of 1 game but from what I saw we'll be lucky if we get 2.

Jacksonville's offense can score and the Browns have shown they can't.  Jacksonville could have easily beat Miami if that costly fumble didn't happen.  Their Defense did give up 300+ passing yards but they Miami has some stud WRs.  

I try to be optimistic but it's difficult given last game.  The offense stinks including Kevin's play calling.  I don't see the Browns taking the W here let alone covering the 3 point spread.

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you were the Browns GM this coming off season, what would a team have to offer for you to say yes for Myles? 

I wouldn't trade him at all.  Outside QB the Browns have a really good roster.  They showed last season with even with a rotating cast of back up QBs they can make the playoffs.  If we had a solid QB and coaches who can adjust and call better plays we'd be set.

1 hour ago, USFBrown said:

I wouldn't trade him at all.  Outside QB the Browns have a really good roster.  They showed last season with even with a rotating cast of back up QBs they can make the playoffs.  If we had a solid QB and coaches who can adjust and call better plays we'd be set.

Second oldest roster in the NFL. 

Chubb, Bitonio, Cooper, Teller, the entire starting DLine are nearing the end of their days with the Browns, one way or another.

Team doesn't need blown up, but it definitely needs an infusion of young talent. 

But I get any reluctance to trade Myles.

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Second oldest roster in the NFL. 

Chubb, Bitonio, Cooper, Teller, the entire starting DLine are nearing the end of their days with the Browns, one way or another.

Team doesn't need blown up, but it definitely needs an infusion of young talent. 

But I get any reluctance to trade Myles.

Hard to argue against the age perspective.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

2025 1st Round Pick, 2026 First Round Pick, Proven Player

Or

2025 1st Round Pick, 2025 Second Round Pick, 2026 First Round Pick, 2027 Second Round Pick, Proven Player

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Myles has another contract worth of production. Reggie White played 8 seasons in Philly before going to Green Bay. 

The Cowboys dealt Herschel Walker, coming off back to back All Pro Seasons for 6 players and 5 picks. 

Maybe my original response wasn't enough. My basis was the thought that QBs are worth 3 First Round Picks.

10 minutes ago, AP1 said:

2025 1st Round Pick, 2026 First Round Pick, Proven Player

Or

2025 1st Round Pick, 2025 Second Round Pick, 2026 First Round Pick, 2027 Second Round Pick

Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, I'd slap Berry right in his face if he turned down either of those offers. 

9 minutes ago, AP1 said:

Myles has another contract worth of production. Reggie White played 8 seasons in Philly before going to Green Bay. 

The Cowboys dealt Herschel Walker, coming off back to back All Pro Seasons for 6 players and 5 picks. 

Yeah, that's why I would be hesitant to pull the trigger unless that made me an offer I couldn't refuse. This is his eighth season, but he's only 28 years old. He literally could be only about halfway done with his career. 

Which is crazy considering Joe Thomas retired after eleven seasons, right? 

18 minutes ago, AP1 said:

What do you think he's worth? Proven edge rushers don't grow on trees?

Screenshot_20240914_204552_Chrome.jpg

No, you probably are right. I guess the more I think about it, the Browns could probably demand a ransom and someone would probably pay it. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For me, Myles only comes into play if it turns out that we need a QB.  And where we would be picking in the draft in relation to when the QB's would be off the board.  

That means Watson would have to flame out or get suspended and piss off Haslem, have his contract voided, with enough time in the season to evaluate DTR's value as the starter going forward.  (because they DO seem to like DTR) - I didn't mention Winston because he's not the future.  He's the backup to either Watson or DTR.  So, at this point, there are ducks in random locations.

• Upvote 1