THE BROWNS BOARD

Wonderful. Our first player of the year to be arrested

syd

Browns rookie defensive tackle Mike Hall Jr. was arrested Tuesday morning by Avon Police and is being arraigned at Avon Lake Municipal Court, an Avon Police spokesman told The Chronicle-Telegram.

Hall, 21, was involved in an alleged domestic violence incident around 10 p.m. Monday, according to a report obtained by The Chronicle.

The mother of Hall’s fiancée called 911 and said Hall had pushed her daughter and struck her with a baby bottle. Hall and the woman have an 11-month-old together.

According to the incident report, the alleged victim said Hall then threw her belongings outside, dragged her along the porch and driveway and later put a gun to her temple, saying “I will f—— end it all.”

The victim said in the report there were kids in the house.

The police found damage in the house indicative of a fight, the report stated, and two handguns, a .40-caliber Glock and a 9mm Smith & Wesson.

“We are aware of the incident involving Mike Hall, Jr. last night,” a Browns spokesman said in a statement. “Mike and his representatives have been in touch with the appropriate authorities. We are in the process of gathering more information and will have no further comment at the time.”

Hall was a second-round pick out of Ohio State. He grew up in Cleveland and started his high school career at Garfield Heights before moving to Streetsboro.

He made his preseason debut Saturday night against the Packers at Cleveland Browns Stadium and said he had about 10 family and friends in attendance.

THIS STORY WILL BE UPDATED.

Related Topic
Comments

Perrion Winfrey Jr.

Why is it some of these idiots can't handle an ounce of success?

At this point I wouldn't call it a wasted pick, it is a wasted life.  I will say I hope details don't emerge that Hall had somewhat similar incidences that led teams to pass on drafting Hall.  If so, that's on Berry.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

How so?  

It’s professional sports. Guys get in trouble on a daily basis 

put a gun to her temple, saying “I will f—— end it all.”

witnessed Hall strike her daughter on the head with a baby bottle, choke her by the neck, push her head through a wall and break open a bedroom door to drag her out.

Yeah, Hall might not be playing this year. He sounds like a P.O.S.

5 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

put a gun to her temple, saying “I will f—— end it all.”

witnessed Hall strike her daughter on the head with a baby bottle, choke her by the neck, push her head through a wall and break open a bedroom door to drag her out.

Yeah, Hall might not be playing this year. He sounds like a P.O.S.

If true, the Browns should cut him immediately. 

I don't give a fuck that he literally played high school in the next town over from my hometown, or played at Ohio State.

Gone. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If true, the Browns should cut him immediately. 

Yup.  And the league should ban him. 

...and he should be banned from owning guns...because...that's not what owning a gun is for...this person doesn't fully understand that so he just plain can't have any.

...as a side note, this hurts our team.  We spent a 2nd round pick on his position...and cured nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jax said:

Before cutting him, they should drag him through therapy and anger management.

Noble thought.  But if you're going to cut him, then go ahead and do it, open up that roster spot, and bring someone else in.  Be thankful that nobody got killed and close the book on him.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Noble thought.  But if you're going to cut him, then go ahead and do it, open up that roster spot, and bring someone else in.  Be thankful that nobody got killed and close the book on him.  

First reactions aren't always accurate.  We need to let this play out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Yup.  And the league should ban him. 

...and he should be banned from owning guns...because...that's not what owning a gun is for...this person doesn't fully understand that so he just plain can't have any.

...as a side note, this hurts our team.  We spent a 2nd round pick on his position...and cured nothing.

Well let's not get crazy here...

Not letting an American have all the guns they want? That's some wack shit right there... 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You know as someone new to sports and football one thing I always found strange was that cities will have all this emotional investment in their teams, but as an outsider I always found it weird a bit because most of the people playing for that team were not local. In fact it seems very rare that they are. I sometimes thought it should be a policy, forget trades and big salaries, it should be like running for office! If you want to play for the Browns or Bengals you need two have at least a year of Ohio residency, or something. It was just a shower thought. And then there's this story... Yeah... There....might be more important things than just being a local...

I read he left the field with trainers and Stefanski.

Panic attack possibly?  There has to be a lot of weight on him right now.  It's strange for the head coach to leave the field with a physically injured player.

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I read he left the field with trainers and Stefanski.

Panic attack possibly?  There has to be a lot of weight on him right now.  It's strange for the head coach to leave the field with a physically injured player.

Interesting.  

...we've heard a version of what happened.  Need verification.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Interesting.  

...we've heard a version of what happened.  Need verification.  

No doubt.  Just speculating right now, just talking.

Not a great way to start your life off.. Jesus kids today just can't handle it... The Browns seems to make a habit of finding these strange picks... It's uncanny..

I'm sorry I need to chime in one this again and I need to try to limit the "as a new fan" thing it will get old fast.... That being said...

I've seen more content on this from various podcasts and such and, I'm frankly disturbed. This is a really miserable thing to walk into just trying to get into a sport and at least I'm in my thirties and get the life experince to contextualize it but I feel real crappy about Clevalnd football fans who are 7...8..9...10...11 years old and discovering what should be a life long passion for a game. What has me so messed up is just some of the attitudes on these podcasts. Not here on this board everyone seems really sensible here. But there are all these guys on these podcasts that seem to think they are being sensible and maybe from the inside when you've been exposed to jock mentality as normal your whole life they seem that way. But they aren't. They sound like psychopaths.

The worst example was this guy speaking from the hypothetical that its all true, so we can't say innocent till proven guilty because his whole perspective was a "what if". And he was saying stuff like "he went a little too far" and "I'm not saying the relationship is over, love conquers all." ....Ok so love conquers having a gun pressed against your head threatening to smear your brains all over the concrete apparently. I work in a public service field and make like 30k a year, I'm poor. And I don't play a game on tv. If I pressed a gun to someone's head and threatened to kill them, no one would be making excuses for me saying I went a little too far, love conquers all, just get him some help, or trying to explain how she could have escalated it. You'd have me crucifed. Without question. I might be safer in jail because the mob would be right outside my door.

This isn't me saying crucify Hall - I too beleive in evidence based justice and due process of the law, not just reacting to hearsay. But if he is guilty or not the attitude of making excuses for this behavior if it is real that I've heard on several podcasts is beyond all manner of distrubing and depressing. I'm in genuine shock over it, because its not the way it is anywhere else nobody would be ok with making excuses for this if your job wasn't throwing a ball around.

23 minutes ago, Orange_Ranger said:

I'm sorry I need to chime in one this again and I need to try to limit the "as a new fan" thing it will get old fast.... That being said...

I've seen more content on this from various podcasts and such and, I'm frankly disturbed. This is a really miserable thing to walk into just trying to get into a sport and at least I'm in my thirties and get the life experince to contextualize it but I feel real crappy about Clevalnd football fans who are 7...8..9...10...11 years old and discovering what should be a life long passion for a game. What has me so messed up is just some of the attitudes on these podcasts. Not here on this board everyone seems really sensible here. But there are all these guys on these podcasts that seem to think they are being sensible and maybe from the inside when you've been exposed to jock mentality as normal your whole life they seem that way. But they aren't. They sound like psychopaths.

The worst example was this guy speaking from the hypothetical that its all true, so we can't say innocent till proven guilty because his whole perspective was a "what if". And he was saying stuff like "he went a little too far" and "I'm not saying the relationship is over, love conquers all." ....Ok so love conquers having a gun pressed against your head threatening to smear your brains all over the concrete apparently. I work in a public service field and make like 30k a year, I'm poor. And I don't play a game on tv. If I pressed a gun to someone's head and threatened to kill them, no one would be making excuses for me saying I went a little too far, love conquers all, just get him some help, or trying to explain how she could have escalated it. You'd have me crucifed. Without question. I might be safer in jail because the mob would be right outside my door.

This isn't me saying crucify Hall - I too beleive in evidence based justice and due process of the law, not just reacting to hearsay. But if he is guilty or not the attitude of making excuses for this behavior if it is real that I've heard on several podcasts is beyond all manner of distrubing and depressing. I'm in genuine shock over it, because its not the way it is anywhere else nobody would be ok with making excuses for this if your job wasn't throwing a ball around.

If you think the excuse making for Hall is disturbing, YouTube the Steubenville, Ohio high school football rape case.