THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Legal Weed Buying Day Ohio

Any of you participate or at least take in the scene at a local dispensary? Down here in Cincy land there’s a handful of operations that started doing recreational. I imagine the rest of Ohio is doing the same. 

One place was about 10 min away from me, and yes, my sorry ass stood in line for 1.5 hours for some gummies. I blazed like a maniac in my 20s and 30s but these days l’m mostly a gummy guy. Helluva sleep aid and a pleasant little buzz. 

It was kind of a neat scene. It’s hot as dog balls down here so standing in line was a chore, but it was a neat and curious atmosphere with a lot of wide age ranged people waiting to participate, and people honking as they drove by and yelling stuff at us. 

It’s kinda cool to reflect on my late teen years, paranoid and hiding in a cornfield smoking a doobie with my buddies, to this, buying it freely and openly in my own back yard. 

• Upvote 2

For those of you wondering about the tax aspect, it’s a flat 10% “excise tax” for non-medical purchase on top of the standard sales tax for your county, in my case 7.4%, for a total of 17.4%. Pretty stiff but l’m all for it if we can get some magnificent roads out of it. 

11 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Pretty stiff but l’m all for it if we can get some magnificent roads out of it. 

Dude, I have a bridge for sale ;)

I'm all for legalization and taxing the bejeezus out of it but the revenue streams created by things like this and in my state's case, Lottery's,, never seem to end up where promised..

Way back when, I voted for the lottery in FL because the Dems promised that the state educational system would be the big winner..  🥴

Still, given the opportunity to vote to legalize here in the sunshine state, I absolutely would..

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Axe said:

Dude, I have a bridge for sale ;)

I'm all for legalization and taxing the bejeezus out of it but the revenue streams created by things like this and in my state's case, Lottery's,, never seem to end up where promised..

Way back when, I voted for the lottery in FL because the Dems promised that the state educational system would be the big winner..  🥴

Still, given the opportunity to vote to legalize here in the sunshine state, I absolutely would..

I love bridges! 

Yeah, l know. We’ll likely get some early positive press, like “this new bridge is brought to you by weed money!”, and it’ll be cool, and then it’ll dissipate into whatever.