THE BROWNS BOARD

Harris just lost, LMAO!

17 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Their service shouldn’t be questioned if the alternative is a guy who dodged military service unless hypocrisy is the name of the game. I can disagree with Walz on many things.

I’d be interested to hear those things if you’re willing to share.

I’d say thus far hypocrisy and a degree of silliness is indeed the name of the game, but l’m all for kicking that to the curb for a higher level of debate. 

19 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Their service shouldn’t be questioned if the alternative is a guy who dodged military service unless hypocrisy is the name of the game. I can disagree with Walz on many things.

Sure. No need to question the service of any of them. Vance, Walz, whoever. 

I also generally don't care about someone's military service when it comes to electing them, especially if it was decades ago like Walz. Their actions as a politician are much more telling. 

The right attacking Walz though for stolen valor and other things when Trump is their God king candidate is worth pointing out the hypocrisy though. 

43 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Now they're comparing Walz to Trump.  Trump never lied about his service.  He and Hoorta both got out of service for 'medical reasons' (wink wink).  But Walz is a plain out coward.  And a Tampon Tim too boot.

He lied to avoid military service. And again your lord and savior is Cheetos Jesus. He lies an average of every other sentence.

We fact-checked Trump's recent news conference : NPR

162 lies and distortions in a news conference. NPR fact checks former President Trump

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’d be interested to hear those things if you’re willing to share.

I’d say thus far hypocrisy and a degree of silliness is indeed the name of the game, but l’m all for kicking that to the curb for a higher level of debate. 

I am not hip to kids transitioning and taking puberty blockers. As an adult, make whatever choice you want. Can’t be trusted with driving a car or getting a loan but allowed to remove your genitals as a kid seems bonkers to me. Minnesota law allows for parents with split custody of a child wanting “gender affirming care” that the state ultimately makes the decision if one parent disagrees. We know how this shakes out. Walz championed it for Minnesota. Again, adults can do as they wish and I don’t want the state standing in their way. No fucking way for kids. They are far too impressionable and go through phases. 

Also, I’m also never going to agree with a politician who wants to ban “assault weapons”. I have an immediate mistrust. 

Without doing too much more digging, those are the immediate red flags for me. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I am not hip to kids transitioning and taking puberty blockers. As an adult, make whatever choice you want. Can’t be trusted with driving a car or getting a loan but allowed to remove your genitals as a kid seems bonkers to me. Minnesota law allows for parents with split custody of a child wanting “gender affirming care” that the state ultimately makes the decision if one parent disagrees. We know how this shakes out. Walz championed it for Minnesota. Again, adults can do as they wish and I don’t want the state standing in their way. No fucking way for kids. They are far too impressionable and go through phases. 

Also, I’m also never going to agree with a politician who wants to ban “assault weapons”. I have an immediate mistrust. 

Without doing too much more digging, those are the immediate red flags for me. 

We need more of you around man. Good insight.

I’ll be honest, there is so much that l don’t understand about gender affirming care that you could write a book about it. And I’m sure books have been written about it, but l haven’t bothered to read them, primarily because it’s low on my priority list being out of the range of ever having to make any big decisions since my tot is an adult now. 

That being said, l take responsibility for not knowing what l don’t know and my default is “let the parents decide.” And l get your point about split homes and letting the state decide. I understand the move to get an arbiter involved, but l’d prefer the arbiter have no decision making abilities.

Walz’ background on guns is interesting. He’s a gun owner himself and was an NRA backed dude up until 2018 when he formally renounced them by writing up a thing in a paper. He made a big shift. I’m not down with “assault weapons” bans either. 

It’s always uncomfortable to mention this but the spirit behind the 2nd amendment is that our govt may become an asshole and we ought to be equipped to deal with that. Ideally we’d have tanks and stealth bombers too. I’d love to have a helicopter landing pad in my back yard. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I see both sides got their marching orders from the top. “Weird” and whatever strategy is being used to shit on a veteran while Trump got medical deferments to avoid service. 

This election can’t be over fast enough. 

you defending walz? do I have that right.

I honor walz's good service.

but the bad is serious, and it's true.

Getting deferments is no problem.

it's making commitments and then turning coward and

deserting your fellow veterans.  or do you want tampons in boys' bathrooms?

oh wait, you are pro-palestinian, and walz is pro hamas.

sad, that is.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you defending walz? do I have that right.

I honor walz's good service.

but the bad is serious, and it's true.

Getting deferments is no problem.

it's making commitments and then turning coward and

deserting your fellow veterans.  or do you want tampons in boys' bathrooms?

oh wait, you are pro-palestinian, and walz is pro hamas.

sad, that is.

You didn’t read any of the other posts I wrote in this thread. 

Also, when did I ever say anything about being pro Palestinian? Closest approximation is that I said Israel doesn’t need 3 billion plus of our tax money every year. We have lists of allies who are also first world countries like Israel who we don’t subsidize. They didn’t commit a single soldier to Iraq or Afghanistan but they are our “greatest ally”. That’s not an endorsement of Palestine. They can piss up a rope too.

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Also, when did I ever say anything about being pro Palestinian? Closest approximation is that I said Israel doesn’t need 3 billion plus of our tax money every year. We have lists of allies who are also first world countries like Israel who we don’t subsidize. They didn’t commit a single soldier to Iraq or Afghanistan but they are our “greatest ally”. That’s not an endorsement of Palestine. They can piss up a rope too.

No no no. If you say anything even remotely critical of Israel you're an anti semite that supports Hamas, duh

This may not resonate with y’all but l thought it was pretty cool. Tim Walz seemingly has great taste in music. I don’t know who among you likes the Replacements, the MN rock band active in the 80s, but their album “Tim” is one of the truly great indie rock albums. 

I was unaware that it had been remastered and listened last night. I’m not a fan and definitely prefer the original mix. 

Nonetheless, Walz is apparently a fan of them too. Also mentioned in the article is Hüsker Dü and apparently he saw the Hold Steady. 

I’ll link the last track on “Tim.” It’s a knee buckler. A 12 string, a little violin and piano, and some of the most moving lyrics you’ll ever hear delivered perfectly with broken notes and all. 

https://www.startribune.com/governor-tim-walz-minnesota-music-ties-prince-husker-du-replacements-bob-mould-electric-fetus/600989284

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1741.jpeg

5 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I apologize.  I was tired and distracted. I was actually referring to Vapor about that. My bad. "der"

I do think that no other ally is threatened with extermination like Israel is, every single day. and Israel, in the mideast, would ignite a firestorm if their troops were part of fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Israel is outstanding in intel. They help us with knowing a lot of going ons in the mideast. Look at their pinpoint killing of top hamas commanders who love the rape, torture, murder, beheadings and kidnappings of Israelis. They know a ton about stuff.

I don't mind supporting Israel - I do mind many more billions sent around the world that we should NOT be doing.

like the worthless and corrupt united nations:

https://howmuch.net/articles/united-nations-budget-contributions-by-country-2019

and why in the heck are we donating all this foreign aid to other countries?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/countries-that-receive-the-most-foreign-aid-from-the-u-s

Syria? Uganda? SOMALIA ? Nigeria?  YEMEN ? AFGHANISTAN ???I

I mean, we give Israel 3 billion, but out total foreign aid is....over five years time, from 2013 to 2018.....

Aug 4, 2021The American taxpayer has been generous to foreign countries. Between the years 2013 and 2018, nearly $300 billion in U.S. taxpayer money flowed as "aid" to countries outside the United

and apparently, 95 billion in foreign aid in 2024 alone.
  • Upvote 1

Kamala Harris' big border pledge during failed presidential bid comes back to haunt her

Kamala Harris border

Vice President Kamala Harris and migrants at the southern border. Harris previously pledged to close all privately-run immigration detention centers.  (Getty Images)

Kamala Harris once pledged to close immigration detention centers 'on day one' as border record under scrutiny