THE BROWNS BOARD

Megan Leavey

I never remembered hearing anything about this movie back in 2017.  That said, I streamed it - and didn't regret a single second of it.  Anyone else see this movie?  If not, watch it and let me know what you thought of it.  Thanks!

On 8/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, Axe said:

Pretty good movie. Caught it last night,

Thanks for sharing that!  Glad you liked it.  That movie was a good eye opener as to how important these service dogs are to our military.  That's some very dangerous stuff they're counted on to do; and I'm sure many get killed in the process.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:59 AM, Flugel said:

Thanks for sharing that!  Glad you liked it.  That movie was a good eye opener as to how important these service dogs are to our military.  That's some very dangerous stuff they're counted on to do; and I'm sure many get killed in the process.

Dogs have always been the unsung hero of Mankind...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched this movie more than ten times. I really enjoy every aspect of it: the cute actress, German Shepherds, military service, and a simple premise of needing something and figuring out your life that most people can relate to. Her narration at the very beginning of the movie gets me hooked every time. 

On 8/30/2024 at 8:14 PM, Browns57 said:

I have watched this movie more than ten times. I really enjoy every aspect of it: the cute actress, German Shepherds, military service, and a simple premise of needing something and figuring out your life that most people can relate to. Her narration at the very beginning of the movie gets me hooked every time. 

Thanks!  Me too!

Just watched it. Yeah, very solid flick. An easy A.

One thing l’m curious about is all the dog commands were in English, and l wonder if that’s accurate? A lot of police forces use K-9s trained in Europe, so the commands are in German or Dutch. That’s done by design, partially because they’re trained over there (duh), but another reason is the average perp in the USA isn’t going to know how to yell “STOP” in Dutch. 

22 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Just watched it. Yeah, very solid flick. An easy A.

One thing l’m curious about is all the dog commands were in English, and l wonder if that’s accurate? A lot of police forces use K-9s trained in Europe, so the commands are in German or Dutch. That’s done by design, partially because they’re trained over there (duh), but another reason is the average perp in the USA isn’t going to know how to yell “STOP” in Dutch. 

This guy might have some good ideas for ya. 

• Haha 1