THE BROWNS BOARD

IOC Boxing is allowing trans men to fight women

2 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I already stated that in another post if the "updated rumor" is true than trans is probably not the term to use.  But to state it as you are stating it would mean it's been confirmed, which it has not.  This seems to be the point you're trying to make, about what not to do.  Correct?

But for the record, this is still more than likely a male that knows they are a male and choosing to fight a female.  That's an awfully short bridge to cross.

And like Jax stated earlier, your position in this argument is so far away from the issue that most people are concerned with.  Your concerned with pronouns, while others are concerned about people's safety.

I have not once says anything about being concerned about pronouns. YOU brought that up first ...

So the "update" is a "rumor" but what you originally heard and agreed with doesn't count as a rumor?

Also hilarious youre calling the info that disagrees with you a rumor but then confidential saying its "more likely" than not this is a make knowingly boxing women. With no actual evidence...

Man, this is just the latest anti trans culture war nonsense. It's funny seeing folks pretend it is anything other than that. Right, yeah, our MAGA friends are just concerned about the integrity of women's boxing... If this wasn't a culture war issues then we wouldn't have immediately seen trans nonsense posted by every blowhard online.  

Safety is the concern... But it's not like this boxer is dominating everyone she fights. She's lost multiple times...

I swear, y'all determined your narrative and ran with it regardless of any additional info uncovered. 

33 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Thanks for confirmed that Khelif is not transgender. I think everyone had already figured that out.

It's funny he has no idea what he even just posted. They aren't paying attention to any of this. Just anti trans rage. 

And they somehow think this is a good platform to run on?

Weird 

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I have not once says anything about being concerned about pronouns. YOU brought that up first ...

So the "update" is a "rumor" but what you originally heard and agreed with doesn't count as a rumor?

Also hilarious youre calling the info that disagrees with you a rumor but then confidential saying its "more likely" than not this is a make knowingly boxing women. With no actual evidence...

Man, this is just the latest anti trans culture war nonsense. It's funny seeing folks pretend it is anything other than that. Right, yeah, our MAGA friends are just concerned about the integrity of women's boxing... If this wasn't a culture war issues then we wouldn't have immediately seen trans nonsense posted by every blowhard online.  

Safety is the concern... But it's not like this boxer is dominating everyone she fights. She's lost multiple times...

I swear, y'all determined your narrative and ran with it regardless of any additional info uncovered. 

Like you know anything about boxing.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Well you're upset I insinuated this was a trans woman,  and I consider the term "trans" a pronoun. Sorry for our confusion.

That's because they failed a chromosome test.

Point to the hate I posted please.  I'd like to read it.

You clearly do not understand what you're talking about.  Men die in the ring every year with far less disadvantages.  Amateurs are not professionals.  The whole scoring system is entirely different.  The point is to learn and come out polished for the pros.  You will probably find most of those losses came when they first broke into the Amateurs.  To make it to the Olympics means there was drastic improvement. 

What additional info would that be?

57 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I guess confusion there, yeah, but trans isn't a pronoun... 

And she was burn female with her passport saying female. 

To be fair, you didn't post it, but I never said you did. If you want to have some scientific discussion here about gene conditions / testosterone levels and women's const sports, then God bless you, but that's not what the right wing rhetoric is here. 

And she was at the Olympics last time and didn't win...

To start with... That she's not trans 

Also, and maybe I'm missing this, but where was the Y chromosome thing clearly stated? I thought it was just a test showing elevated testosterone levels. Could be wrong here. 

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

To be fair, you didn't post it, but I never said you did. If you want to have some scientific discussion here about gene conditions / testosterone levels and women's const sports, then God bless you, but that's not what the right wing rhetoric is here. 

Also, and maybe I'm missing this, but where was the Y chromosome thing clearly stated? I thought it was just a test showing elevated testosterone levels. Could be wrong here. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

This is from my OP. It states:

Two boxers who were disqualified from competing with women at a global event last year have been permitted to fight in the Paris Olympics, the International Olympic Committee confirmed.

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yu‑ting of Taiwan failed to meet gender eligibility tests at the Women’s World Boxing Championships in New Delhi last year, prompting their disqualifications. But they have been cleared to compete in the women’s 66-kilogram and women’s 57-kilogram matches in Paris this week, the IOC confirmed in an email Tuesday.

At the time of their disqualifications, the president of the International Boxing Association, which governs the World Boxing Championships, alleged that the boxers’ chromosome tests came back as XY (women typically have two X chromosomes, while men typically have an X and a Y chromosome).

“Based on DNA tests, we identified a number of athletes who tried to trick their colleagues into posing as women,” the association’s president, Umar Kremlev, told Russia’s Tass news agency at the time. “According to the results of the tests, it was proved that they have XY chromosomes. Such athletes were excluded from competition.”

Khelif and Lin have both always competed as women, and there’s no indication that either identifies as transgender or intersex, the latter referring to those born with sex characteristics that don’t fit strictly into the male-female gender binary.

Following her disqualification last year, Khelif told Algeria’s Ennahar TV that some “did not want Algeria to win a gold medal.” 

“This is a conspiracy and a big conspiracy, and we will not be silent about it,” she said. 

Lin does not appear to have commented publicly on her disqualification.

In an email Tuesday, the IOC said that “all athletes participating in the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 comply with the competition’s eligibility and entry regulations, as well as all applicable medical regulations.”

The IOC updated its rules regarding athletes’ gender eligibility, including its transgender participation guidelines,  in 2021 to defer to each sport’s governing body. The IOC no longer recognizes the IBA as the governing body over Olympic boxing, and instead refers to the Paris 2024 Boxing Unit — an ad-hoc unit developed by the IOC — for its eligibility standards.

Critics in the United States, where the issue of whether trans women should be permitted to compete in women’s sports has been hotly debated in recent years, condemned the inclusion of Khelif and Lin in this week’s competition. Some questioned whether their participation was fair to other female competitors, while others directed incendiary language toward the boxers.

Khelif is scheduled to compete against Italy’s Angela Carini on Thursday, and Lin is scheduled to fight against Uzbekistan’s Sitora Turdibekova on Friday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Don't lie, that's exactly what we talk about. Problem is people like him are the exception and not what our normal talks are about, at all.

A lot of unfortunate things 

problem is she/he has a male chromosome…. She went through puberty as a male.  She/hes not a bad person, she just shouldn’t be throttling chicks in the Olympics.

she is a tiny percentage of all males trying to0 compete with girls

but the facts are clear

shes a dude chromosome wise.   Very very rare 

If she did not have male biological traits and tested at their testosterone levels, the governing bodies would say she is on steroids and disqualify her. It’s a bummer for them but letting them wail on women who aren't essentially naturally juicing is wild.

Are there women who can bridge the gap with skill? Sure. But they have to present such a huge skill gap to cover the distance due to their opponent being on natural gear. Lots of natural male athletes have beat guys cheating who are juiced to the gills but that doesn’t mean it isn’t cheating.

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If she did not have male biological traits and tested at their testosterone levels, the governing bodies would say she is on steroids and disqualify her. It’s a bummer for them but letting them wail on women who aren't essentially naturally juicing is wild.

Are there women who can bridge the gap with skill? Sure. But they have to present such a huge skill gap to cover the distance due to their opponent being on natural gear. Lots of natural male athletes have beat guys cheating who are juiced to the gills but that doesn’t mean it isn’t cheating.

May be an image of 2 people and text

IMANE KHELIF’S NEXT OPPONENT, ANNA LUCA HAMORI, SPEAKS TO REPORTERS BEFORE THEIR FIGHT…

“I’m not scared. I don’t care about the press story and social media.” Said Hamori.
“If she or he is a man, it will be a bigger victory for me if I win.”
“I’m trying to not use my phone before the fight.”
“I don’t want to care about the comments or the story or the news. I just want to stay focused on myself.”
“I did it before my last two fights, so I think this is the key, and we will see.”

These organizations that allow men to compete in women's sports is an embarrassment.

Even if you're trans, go compete in the mens division. If you can't qualify or compete in those sports then welcome to the rest of the world. You're not kept out because of trans, you're kept out because you're not good enough athletically.

Only the best qualified get to compete in their division.

The IBF shot her down but the all inclusive olympic committee put social woke activism ahead of science, boxing regulations, women's rights and women's safety.

18 hours ago, htownbrown said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

This is from my OP. It states:

Two boxers who were disqualified from competing with women at a global event last year have been permitted to fight in the Paris Olympics, the International Olympic Committee confirmed.

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yu‑ting of Taiwan failed to meet gender eligibility tests at the Women’s World Boxing Championships in New Delhi last year, prompting their disqualifications. But they have been cleared to compete in the women’s 66-kilogram and women’s 57-kilogram matches in Paris this week, the IOC confirmed in an email Tuesday.

At the time of their disqualifications, the president of the International Boxing Association, which governs the World Boxing Championships, alleged that the boxers’ chromosome tests came back as XY (women typically have two X chromosomes, while men typically have an X and a Y chromosome).

“Based on DNA tests, we identified a number of athletes who tried to trick their colleagues into posing as women,” the association’s president, Umar Kremlev, told Russia’s Tass news agency at the time. “According to the results of the tests, it was proved that they have XY chromosomes. Such athletes were excluded from competition.”

Khelif and Lin have both always competed as women, and there’s no indication that either identifies as transgender or intersex, the latter referring to those born with sex characteristics that don’t fit strictly into the male-female gender binary.

Following her disqualification last year, Khelif told Algeria’s Ennahar TV that some “did not want Algeria to win a gold medal.” 

“This is a conspiracy and a big conspiracy, and we will not be silent about it,” she said. 

Lin does not appear to have commented publicly on her disqualification.

In an email Tuesday, the IOC said that “all athletes participating in the boxing tournament of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 comply with the competition’s eligibility and entry regulations, as well as all applicable medical regulations.”

The IOC updated its rules regarding athletes’ gender eligibility, including its transgender participation guidelines,  in 2021 to defer to each sport’s governing body. The IOC no longer recognizes the IBA as the governing body over Olympic boxing, and instead refers to the Paris 2024 Boxing Unit — an ad-hoc unit developed by the IOC — for its eligibility standards.

Critics in the United States, where the issue of whether trans women should be permitted to compete in women’s sports has been hotly debated in recent years, condemned the inclusion of Khelif and Lin in this week’s competition. Some questioned whether their participation was fair to other female competitors, while others directed incendiary language toward the boxers.

Khelif is scheduled to compete against Italy’s Angela Carini on Thursday, and Lin is scheduled to fight against Uzbekistan’s Sitora Turdibekova on Friday.

So we have an allegation from a governing body that's no longer recognized and a current governing body saying she meets all the requirements. 

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So we have an allegation from a governing body that's no longer recognized and a current governing body saying she meets all the requirements. 

ad hoc - Latin meaning “for this situation”. 😂🤣🤡

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

So as a general practice, are you ok with entities creating their own oversight committees?

22 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

So as a general practice, are you ok with entities creating their own oversight committees?

That’s why I posted the definition of ad hoc for Woodrow just in case he didn’t take Latin in school.

32 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That’s why I posted the definition of ad hoc for Woodrow just in case he didn’t take Latin in school.

An ad hoc environmental committee doesn't strike me as something Woody would condone.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I've seen that she has high level of testosterone. The Y chromosome point seems less substantiated at this point. That's what I'm getting at. 

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I've seen that she has high level of testosterone. The Y chromosome point seems less substantiated at this point. That's what I'm getting at. 

I never thought I would say this, but the IBA is actually the more trustworthy committee at this point. They appear the most transparent, and over time, are likely the only one to release the test results in question. But we shall see.

10 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

If only you guys cared this much about real problems, so much better the world would be. You are obsession with genitals, just like Jesus.

I honestly don't care about the genitals. They are people and deserve rights like anyone else, but they don't have a right to a sanctioned fight with a female unless they are female.  The end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

If only you guys cared this much about real problems, so much better the world would be. You are obsession with genitals, just like Jesus.

What is a woman?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Don’t ask a Lib, they don’t know.

but they are experts on every single subje...

ok, I can't think of one, either.