THE BROWNS BOARD

IOC Boxing is allowing trans men to fight women

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

First off, this isn't a high school track meet in California or an American college championship swim meet. This is an international event with a wide degree of differing ideologies.  It seems highly improper to force this on people from more traditional countries just for an opportunity to compete.

Second off, this is a combat sport. It doesn't matter who wins the gold this year, it's the precedent that matters most.  

The IOC typically has the IBA (a corrupt organization) sanction their fights, but allowed the french to sanction the fights this time. Interesting choice. 

It's worth following no matter the outcome.  If one of these fighters brutally KOs one of these ladies, I'm guessing it will be the last of It's kind. But if they win close decisions or lose to these ladies, this would be the anecdotal evidence needed for more to come in women's combat sports.

Funny, I remember not even 5 years ago this scenario was considered transphobic conspiracy theory. 

Updated rumor (since the IOC will not clarify):  These two people potentially have Klinesfelter Syndrome, which is when your chromosomes are XXY.  This ONLY affects males.  This would explain why Imane Khelif is considered a female on birth records, since the condition probably went undiagnosed initially.  So "trans" is probably incorrect if this is true.  BUT technically speaking they would knowingly still be males due to chromosomes and higher than female testosterone levels.  Basically micro-male genitalia and potential to grow breasts.

And of course, the IOC allows males with Klinesfelter, and other conditions, to compete in women's competition.  

5 hours ago, Jax said:

Is Riley the only one standing up for women's rights?

That'd be great if Trump added her to his administration.

Geez, she's still on that grift? 

I mean, I'm sure it pays, I guess.

The political version of peaking in high school and making it your personality for the rest of your life. 

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Updated rumor (since the IOC will not clarify):  These two people potentially have Klinesfelter Syndrome, which is when your chromosomes are XXY.  This ONLY affects males.  This would explain why Imane Khelif is considered a female on birth records, since the condition probably went undiagnosed initially.  So "trans" is probably incorrect if this is true.  BUT technically speaking they would knowingly still be males due to chromosomes and higher than female testosterone levels.  Basically micro-male genitalia and potential to grow breasts.

And of course, the IOC allows males with Klinesfelter, and other conditions, to compete in women's competition.  

At least you posted an "update".

She's not trans. But the culture war bullshit is out of the bag and all of the conservative mouth pieces aren't going to try and correct their misinformation. 

If anything she's intersex, and there is a legitimate debate about what that means for eligibility, especially in combat sports. 

But that's too nuanced. Easier to just hop onto trans bashing. Being gay is illegal in Algeria but we think they sent a trans athlete to the Olympics? Alright...

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

She's not trans. But the culture war bullshit is out of the bag and all of the conservative mouth pieces aren't going to try and correct their misinformation. 

If anything she's intersex, and there is a legitimate debate about what that means for eligibility, especially in combat sports. 

But that's too nuanced. Easier to just hop onto trans bashing. Being gay is illegal in Algeria but we think they sent a trans athlete to the Olympics? Alright...

Can I see your source that states she is biologically a woman and does not have a Y chromosome?

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So, you're not upset because a man beat a woman, you're mad because they called him "transgender"...let that sink in. Make it make sense.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I never said that?

Well, again, Klinefelter only occurs if you are male.  It's categorically not intersex.  You keep refering to this person as a she, at the same time. I'm just suspecting you would have something indicating female classification somehow. My bad.

Well, again, Klinefelter only occurs if you are male.  It's categorically not intersex.  You keep refering to this person as a she, at the same time. I'm just suspecting you would have something indicating female classification somehow. My bad.

She wants to be referred to as a she. Regardless of anything else, if that's her preference, I'll use she. 

She's listed as female on her birth certificate and has compared as a female in boxing for years (without dominating).

Regardless of classifications one way or another it seems pretty clear she isn't trans. You can have the debate around her condition and whether she can compete in combat sports with females, but this isn't another piece of trans panic nonsense 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

She wants to be referred to as a she. Regardless of anything else, if that's her preference, I'll use she. 

She's listed as female on her birth certificate and has compared as a female in boxing for years (without dominating).

Regardless of classifications one way or another it seems pretty clear she isn't trans. You can have the debate around her condition and whether she can compete in combat sports with females, but this isn't another piece of trans panic nonsense 

Fine, but this person's (probably a male) presence in the competition and male level testosterone leaves the door open.  If this person turns out to be an actual man, what is now the case to keep "other men" out who claim to be women?

And "it would never happen" is just beyond a stupid answer.

image.png.de92a94321d65996d1ba6b998703168a.pngimage.png.2a5a01dfeefda4cfcae4531ba569af11.png

Woody would you date her?  It's a dude!

You can have the debate around her condition and whether she can compete in combat sports with females, but this isn't another piece of trans panic nonsense

Here you go thinking you're the authority of what we can debate again.

It doesn't matter if it's not a trans topic because it's not about that when it comes to women's sports. It's about men competing in women's sports.

When you mature you can join the debate, right now your childish immaturity only thinks of everything in racism, sexism and made up phobias.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Fine, but this person's (probably a male) presence in the competition and male level testosterone leaves the door open.  If this person turns out to be an actual man, what is now the case to keep "other men" out who claim to be women?

And "it would never happen" is just beyond a stupid answer.

I mean, first things first, the title of your thread says "trans man". Like I said, the right (and others) jumped onto the trans panic narrative immediately. We've even got Elon feeding his always online incel base little crumbs...

Can you at least agree she isn't trans?

I mean, first things first, the title of your thread says "trans man". Like I said, the right (and others) jumped onto the trans panic narrative immediately. We've even got Elon feeding his always online incel base little crumbs...

They aren't interested in the details. Just want to hate anyone that doesn't fit in their pre-defined boxes. 

he failed the gender test, I read. but he wants to be known as a she? so he can beat up smaller framed females?

I'd say that is trans bs right there. It's wrong, it's unfair, it's destructive - getting females hurt.

IT's all counter-culture, counter-decency, counter-reality garbage.

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

he failed the gender test, I read. but he wants to be known as a she? so he can beat up smaller framed females?

I'd say that is trans bs right there. It's wrong, it's unfair, it's destructive - getting females hurt.

IT's all counter-culture, counter-decency, counter-reality garbage.

She has never had male genitals. That is no longer a requirement to be a woman? Is higher testosterone all that is required to be a male now? You fucking morons finally figure out things are rarely black/white. 

Is Imane Khelif Really A 'Biological Male'? Here's Another Side No One Is Talking About At Olympics | Republic World

While the internet has been quick to label and accuse Imane Khelif as Biological Male, the truth is she was born as a female and is not a transgender athlete.

I already stated that in another post if the "updated rumor" is true than trans is probably not the term to use.  But to state it as you are stating it would mean it's been confirmed, which it has not.  This seems to be the point you're trying to make, about what not to do.  Correct?

But for the record, this is still more than likely a male that knows they are a male and choosing to fight a female.  That's an awfully short bridge to cross.

And like Jax stated earlier, your position in this argument is so far away from the issue that most people are concerned with.  Your concerned with pronouns, while others are concerned about people's safety.

32 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

She has never had male genitals. That is no longer a requirement to be a woman? Is higher testosterone all that is required to be a male now? You fucking morons finally figure out things are rarely black/white. 

Is Imane Khelif Really A 'Biological Male'? Here's Another Side No One Is Talking About At Olympics | Republic World

While the internet has been quick to label and accuse Imane Khelif as Biological Male, the truth is she was born as a female and is not a transgender athlete.

At the time of their disqualifications, the president of the International Boxing Association, which governs the World Boxing Championships, alleged that the boxers’ chromosome tests came back as XY (women typically have two X chromosomes, while men typically have an X and Y chromosones).

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

At the time of their disqualifications, the president of the International Boxing Association, which governs the World Boxing Championships, alleged that the boxers’ chromosome tests came back as XY (women typically have two X chromosomes, while men typically have an X and Y chromosones).

So genitals no longer matter, only chromosomes? If Khelif gets knocked up and has a kid, she still isn't a "she" to you? And yes, some people with DSD can get pregnant. 

I'm hoping you guys finally understand gender is complicated. Bumper sticker logic doesn't work here.