THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking News: Biden Steps Down

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 8:59 AM, MLD Woody said:

Do you really think anyone is mad right now that we CAN'T vote for Joe Biden?

Anecdotal, but plenty of my coworkers who can't stand Trump also can't stand Harris and don't like how they're stuck with her. 

On 7/25/2024 at 8:59 AM, MLD Woody said:

But what exactly is the big conspiracy theory here to circumvent the will of the people and provide them an advantage?

Did you vote for Harris in the primary? No. Would you have voted for someone else? If so, then your vote was circumvented. It's just as shady as what they did to Bernie. There is clearly an advantage to avoiding debates, seeing as the last time she did it, Tulsi eviscerated her and dropped her chances to zero. There is clearly an advantage to not having to answer tough questions by the media. The DNC brass selected her as the candidate. She was not chosen by the democratic process. They should not be rewarded for this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Anecdotal, but plenty of my coworkers who can't stand Trump also can't stand Harris and don't like how they're stuck with her. 

Did you vote for Harris in the primary? No. Would you have voted for someone else? If so, then your vote was circumvented. It's just as shady as what they did to Bernie. There is clearly an advantage to avoiding debates, seeing as the last time she did it, Tulsi eviscerated her and dropped her chances to zero. There is clearly an advantage to not having to answer tough questions by the media. The DNC brass selected her as the candidate. She was not chosen by the democratic process. They should not be rewarded for this. 

So you call out anecdotal with other anecdote? Polls show that more people want Harris. The rest? Welcome to party politics. Either party can put up anyone they want. They can make up any rules they want. You know just like Cheetos didn't have to win any primaries in 2020.

8 hours ago, cccjwh said:

So you call out anecdotal with other anecdote? Polls show that more people want Harris.

I don't believe the last NYT poll that showed that whites from the Midwest with no college degree are swinging toward Harris by 20 points. I can buy that the race will be tight, but that particular poll doesn't seem any different than Trafalgar or Rasmussen polling saying that Trump is leading by double digits. We will see on election day. 

The rest? Welcome to party politics. Either party can put up anyone they want. They can make up any rules they want. You know just like Cheetos didn't have to win any primaries in 2020.

Trump won the primary elections in 2016, 2020, and 2024. Kamala Harris was selected by party elites. I'd think that for all the crying you've done about Trump being a threat to democracy for the past 8 years, you guys would be concerned about one of the two major parties foregoing the democratic process of a primary election. The shortsighted goal of "Trump no matter what" is not a good long-term plan for the country. Populism is still going to be here after he's gone. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

It's not so much Trump or bust. He's been our best bet at changing the system at least a little.

I said before, I only voted for him as a vote against Hillary. I did not like Trump running for President at the time.

After having him for 4 years however, things actually got better. And he really did settle the global landscape.

As a comparison, for all the people that hate Trump just to hate Trump despite all the good he did is the same as them accusing us of being in a Trump cult.

It's all good, you can like whoever you like, just don't bash on a guy with a stellar record but defend the idiots in office now that have proven to sell our country out.

Trump isn't part of the billionaires club, he doesn't care about being in the system of elites against everyone else. He already has more money than he knows what to do with and I think he generally understands Americas culture needs preserved. There's a lot going on around the world but the media has people focused on skin color and peoples sex lives.

Trump isn't perfect, but he's a great President. Polar opposite of Biden/Harris.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

I don't believe the last NYT poll that showed that whites from the Midwest with no college degree are swinging toward Harris by 20 points. I can buy that the race will be tight, but that particular poll doesn't seem any different than Trafalgar or Rasmussen polling saying that Trump is leading by double digits. We will see on election day. 

Trump won the primary elections in 2016, 2020, and 2024. Kamala Harris was selected by party elites. I'd think that for all the crying you've done about Trump being a threat to democracy for the past 8 years, you guys would be concerned about one of the two major parties foregoing the democratic process of a primary election. The shortsighted goal of "Trump no matter what" is not a good long-term plan for the country. Populism is still going to be here after he's gone. 🤷‍♂️

Well I can't change your feelings. She move polls 5-10 points. That proof enough to a non cult member. Again, the parties don't have to hold primaries. That is reality. Don't like it, don't vote for her. MAGA will die right along with him dying in prison.

37 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Well I can't change your feelings. She move polls 5-10 points. That proof enough to a non cult member. Again, the parties don't have to hold primaries. That is reality. Don't like it, don't vote for her. MAGA will die right along with him dying in prison.

I'd be willing to bet there are people here that you believe are cult members, that would vote democrat over Trump if it were a solid moderate candidate.  The problem is they don't run anymore.  I would personally consider Manchin if he was running.

Sadly, I voted for Obama the first time, but it went so sideways and never corrected itself.  He turned the DNC into a cabal and the defactors plainly see it. I actually liked Trump more without party backing than I do now.

Maybe that's how you see Trump voters and that may be true for some, but you're a fool if you don't believe some people just woke up one day a conservative because their old party sailed off the deep end.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

MAGA will die right along with him dying in prison.

Sure, the red hats will go away, but populism will still be there, friend. Trump's rise is a symptom of the ruling class ignoring the economic woes of the working class because GDP is good. The inflation, unchecked immigration, global conflict have all gotten worse under the neoliberal, globalist policies of the Biden admin, and no one in the coastal states seems to care. If NAFTA and the global war on terror were enough to give rise to someone like Trump, what kind of populist do you think is going to spring up as a result of the current policies?