THE BROWNS BOARD

Some thoughts about Europe...

Some observations...

Europe is quite different from America... The people there seem to take pride in their appearance.. Adhere to family values... You don't see people walking around with their pants hanging off their ass.. Or wear their pajamas and slippers in public.. Or look like they just got off the sofa.. You see very little in the way of blue or green haired people or riff raff.. I only saw 3-4 black people.. I saw no garbage or shit on the street like you see in some major cities in America.. Now I will say Venice has a sulpheric stinky odor as does Greece.. Athens Greece is a total grimy dystopian shit hole.. All the buildings look dirty and filthy.. And you get this sense like you could get mugged on any given street corner in Athens.. Santorini is a total shit show to get to the top..  And its miserably hot anywhere you go in the Ionian Sea... Croatia is the jewel of Europe... Clean.. Inviting.. Great restaurants... Dubrovnik has incredible history and all of the buildings are made from limestone.. The limestone bricks become naturally polished by the people who walk on it... Split,Croatia has some of the most beautiful parks.... Great history and just warm , friendly people.. There's a little hidden gem outside of Vrsi called Nin!.. Great little town with historic buildings and little shops and fine restaurants... But going through Slovenia into croatia is breath taking.. in Croatia there are just miles and miles of rugged beautiful mountains that would rival the Rockies here in America... in the town of Vrsi where we stayed... there's a road that goes to the huge rugged Dinara mountains.. It's like Croatia's version of route 66.. Beyond the Dinara mountains is Bosnia. A region called Bosanko Grahovo where my Families ranch was invaded by communist Serbs in 1945. We basically had our own Yellowstone in the village town of Obljaij.. We were thankful to meet relatives who still live there and have rebuilt the Catholic church of St.Elijah twice.. I took a few stones from the old ranch as a reminder of how my grandmother walked through miles of mountains pregnant with my mother and her 2 sons by her side to escape communist tyranny... I am thankful for the sacrifices my family made to ensure our survival and family legacy... That's Croatian Determination.. as I once saw on a book my uncle had.. "Hrvatske Moja Domovina" !!! "Croatia , My homeland!!... I truly felt as I had "come home"

As Rugged is the land.. As rugged are the people spawned from the land.. Geni Kameni!... Genes of Stone!

Rock Bosanko Grahovo.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Heading for Vienna in mid-Sept. Never been there and looking forward to it.

Prepare for some traditional rich foods... I bet you'll have a blast!