THE BROWNS BOARD

Even the founder of the Weather Channel says Climate change/global warming is a HOAX!

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

It's cute how you bolded and commented those particular words Karen. As in the clear evidence of targeting a political opponent staring you in the face.

We're talking climate change here FY. I'll grant you even if CO2 emissions magically dropped to zero, (no way Jose) it would take a long time for them to return to preindustrial levels. But hey- thanks for clearing millions of acres of rainforest every year...   Or did you forget plants "breathe" Carbon dioxide?   Is this just a short term blip on the radar, or something that's an irreversible chain reaction?  You had better hope it's the former, or we're going to cook the planet in the next hundred years.  I've been interested in astronomy since I was a little kid, so look no farther than our sister planet Venus to see that the CO2 greenhouse effect isn't something climatologists made up.  

Ah, believe whatever you want to about poor widdle Donie being targeted for his repeated criminal activity. Boo hoo. Running for president to stay out of jail. I'm not going to change your mind, and you sure as hell aren't going to change mine.  Just like some of the folks here thinking climate change is a hoax, 1\6 was a peaceful protest, and DJT can declassify documents just by thinking about them.  Alternate reality lives here.  🙄

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We're talking climate change here FY. I'll grant you even if CO2 emissions magically dropped to zero, (no way Jose) it would take a long time for them to return to preindustrial levels. But hey- thanks for clearing millions of acres of rainforest every year...   Or did you forget plants "breathe" Carbon dioxide?   Is this just a short term blip on the radar, or something that's an irreversible chain reaction?  You had better hope it's the former, or we're going to cook the planet in the next hundred years.  I've been interested in astronomy since I was a little kid, so look no farther than our sister planet Venus to see that the CO2 greenhouse effect isn't something climatologists made up.  

Ah, believe whatever you want to about poor widdle Donie being targeted for his repeated criminal activity. Boo hoo. Running for president to stay out of jail. I'm not going to change your mind, and you sure as hell aren't going to change mine.  Just like some of the folks here thinking climate change is a hoax, 1\6 was a peaceful protest, and DJT can declassify documents just by thinking about them.  Alternate reality lives here.  🙄

Drunk man lying on ground hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I've been interested in astronomy since I was a little kid, so look no farther than our sister planet Venus to see that the CO2 greenhouse effect isn't something climatologists made up.  

Did little green women drive around in their gas guzzlers during their industrial age as well?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Did little green women drive around in their gas guzzlers during their industrial age as well?

Most of the dipshits don’t take into account the hottest decade in the short recorded period of temperature keeping was the 1930’s. Must’ve been the cow farts. 

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Most of the dipshits don’t take into account the hottest decade in the short recorded period of temperature keeping was the 1930’s. Must’ve been the cow farts. 

Yeah, and talking about cutting down rain forest is a whole different issue.

I think we all agree that is bad but don't tie into man made global warming. We can always plant more trees, it's about the species and life that live within only rain forests.

17 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

This isn't true, btw. Maybe for the US, but definitely not for the globe as a whole. 

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This isn't true, btw. Maybe for the US, but definitely not for the globe as a whole. 

Wasn't true about the ice caps melting or sea levels wiping out the coast.

On 7/6/2024 at 11:47 AM, MLD Woody said:

Of course I was talking about the U.S. because I don’t think the meteorological data existed in other parts of the world. Hell they switched to “estimated satellite temperatures” to cover parts of the planet without actual thermometers.

IMG_5756.jpeg

On 7/5/2024 at 1:43 PM, hoorta said:

Ah, believe whatever you want to about poor widdle Donie being targeted for his repeated criminal activity

On 7/5/2024 at 1:43 PM, hoorta said:

1\6 was a peaceful protest,

Just like the BLM riots.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Of course I was talking about the U.S. because I don’t think the meteorological data existed in other parts of the world. Hell they switched to “estimated satellite temperatures” to cover parts of the planet without actual thermometers.

IMG_5756.jpeg

Ah, yes, American exceptionalism and all that. Not even Europe was... *looks at notes* ... taking the temperature......

The funny thing about this being that a main cause of the high temps in the 30s, the dust bowl, was man made (over farming, poor land management, etc)

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ah, yes, American exceptionalism and all that. Not even Europe was... *looks at notes* ... taking the temperature......

The funny thing about this being that a main cause of the high temps in the 30s, the dust bowl, was man made (over farming, poor land management, etc)

And reading thermometers is a special skill after all. Not something that would be documented daily. Don't forget the rest the world uses Celsius; can we really trust those readings. 

😆

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

And reading thermometers is a special skill after all. Not something that would be documented daily. Don't forget the rest the world uses Celsius; can we really trust those readings. 

😆

I’m sure there were plenty of pig farmers in New Guinea willing to take time during their day to record weather data. That’s why we used those circa 1930’s weather satellites. 🤣😂🤡

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, poor land management now caused man made global warming in the 30s.

I thought global warming was co2 creating green house effects?

Or is it anything? Damn cow farts! No wonder dinosaurs went extinct, big ass animals constantly farting creating global warming and melting ice caps!

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

😆

That's about as reliable a source and technique for tracking your man made global warming patterns of 1 degrees.

+- 5 degrees error tolerance

1 minute ago, Jax said:

Yes, poor land management now caused man made global warming in the 30s.

I thought global warming was co2 creating green house effects?

Or is it anything? Damn cow farts! No wonder dinosaurs went extinct, big ass animals constantly farting creating global warming and melting ice caps!

You aren't bright. I'm sure you've been a step behind your whole life. I'm not going to attempt to correct that now. 

Go back and re read the posts. Maybe you'll follow if you take your time. 

Or, again, maybe you just oh so desperately want me to reply so you can have a friend...

45 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m sure there were plenty of pig farmers in New Guinea willing to take time during their day to record weather data. That’s why we used those circa 1930’s weather satellites. 🤣😂🤡

Or... You know... Europe

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You aren't bright. I'm sure you've been a step behind your whole life. I'm not going to attempt to correct that now. 

Go back and re read the posts. Maybe you'll follow if you take your time. 

Or, again, maybe you just oh so desperately want me to reply so you can have a friend...

You sound like Biden.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

OK I guess Europe and N America are considered the entire planet.

You are using just the US in the 1930s as justification against man made climate change... 

And now the entire planet matters? Pick a lane. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

You are using just the US in the 1930s as justification against man made climate change... 

Typical woody, pigeon hole out of context.

Hottest decade recorded in the 30s, I think that 'Trumps' your phantom hurricanes.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Or... You know... Europe

I was referring to the U.S. you were the one that brought up Europe.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

If you’re trying to use “estimated” temperatures from third world nations from 90 years ago as science facts, then you’ve lost credibility on this subject.

32 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I was referring to the U.S. you were the one that brought up Europe.

If you’re trying to use “estimated” temperatures from third world nations from 90 years ago as science facts, then you’ve lost credibility on this subject.

Ok... I'll try to walk you through this one more time...

Your original attempt at discrediting climate change was stating that the hottest decade on record was in the 30s

I stated this was only the US

You've basically said any place other than the US is third world and can't be trusted

I stated Europe... Which, you know, was also doing pretty well during the 30s. Turns out it's hottest decade is much more recent...

Follow?

Also love the fact here that you're deciding who does and doesn't have credibility on the topic of climate change opposed to actual climatologists haha. I'm sure you know better though. 

The right wing's march against expertise continues I guess 

On 7/8/2024 at 5:54 AM, MLD Woody said:

Yep, the dust bowl in America.. this graphic shows a different picture.. Thanks ccc.....  

Scott-Duncan-1936-vs-2022.jpg?w=900

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yep, the dust bowl in America.. this graphic shows a different picture.. Thanks ccc.....  

Scott-Duncan-1936-vs-2022.jpg?w=900

WOW someone put colors on a picture and called it proof of climate change...

• Haha 1