THE BROWNS BOARD

Even the founder of the Weather Channel says Climate change/global warming is a HOAX!

13 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

It's still powered by some fossil fuel.

Supposedly (according to Tesla) their superchargers are powered through solar power on-site and through purchasing electricity which was matched to renewable generation.

that story about the supercharger station is originally from 2015 as well

14 minutes ago, Reality said:

Supposedly (according to Tesla) their superchargers are powered through solar power on-site and through purchasing electricity which was matched to renewable generation.

that story about the supercharger station is originally from 2015 as well

I find it very hard to believe that solar power could do the job.  Probably thru the electric grid which could be natural gas, fossil, or nuclear.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Just because it’s dated news doesn’t mean it’s fake.

I know some of you lefties have a problem with that.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Not really, it's still connected to the grid and used a diesel back up generator for a heavy holiday weekend.

https://www.sfgate.com/centralcoast/article/tesla-interstate-5-supercharger-power-plant-18343119.php

TezLab spokesperson Ben Perlman emailed SFGATE to clarify how Tesla’s energy is used at places like the Harris Ranch Supercharger. “All electricity is created and used instantly by the mix of sources that are attached to the grid,” he wrote. “The energy being used at the Harris Ranch supercharger is the same energy being used anywhere within CalISO’s grid coverage.”  

Some of the stations do have solar power on top but I find it hard to believe that's enough to fully charge cars, in other words they are there so they can make the claim in double talk. At the end of the day, it's still connected to the power grid like anything else. I'm not saying that makes EV cars useless, but it does mean it's not so planet friendly as the climate scammers say.

29 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just because it’s dated news doesn’t mean it’s fake.

I know some of you lefties have a problem with that.

Not a "lefty".  Part of the problem today.  People just assume and say silly things.

Read the article of the bunch you can find now and from then.  It was never substituted and dispeled. 

26 minutes ago, Jax said:

Not really, it's still connected to the grid and used a diesel back up generator for a heavy holiday weekend.

https://www.sfgate.com/centralcoast/article/tesla-interstate-5-supercharger-power-plant-18343119.php

TezLab spokesperson Ben Perlman emailed SFGATE to clarify how Tesla’s energy is used at places like the Harris Ranch Supercharger. “All electricity is created and used instantly by the mix of sources that are attached to the grid,” he wrote. “The energy being used at the Harris Ranch supercharger is the same energy being used anywhere within CalISO’s grid coverage.”  

Some of the stations do have solar power on top but I find it hard to believe that's enough to fully charge cars, in other words they are there so they can make the claim in double talk. At the end of the day, it's still connected to the power grid like anything else. I'm not saying that makes EV cars useless, but it does mean it's not so planet friendly as the climate scammers say.

The SFgate article is an article about the 2015 article with quotes from the guy who wrote the 2015 article.

Yes it isn't all solar, that is what the purchased energy is.  It Iis supposedly purchased energy from other renewable energy sources.  For example Tesla superchargers in Quebec get all their power from hydropower.

Solar and other sources that are not oil, gas, and coal are very capable of supplying plenty of power.  The most real negatives for most renewable energy sources are their overhead cost, their limitations for use by location, and the amount of profit that can be generated.   Oil, gas, and coal are cheaper and can generate higher bottom line revenue.  That is good for jobs and stock market.  

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

I find it very hard to believe that solar power could do the job.  Probably thru the electric grid which could be natural gas, fossil, or nuclear.

There is a town of 2,000 people in FL which is entirely powered by solar.  

Tesla stations are supposedly solar and purchased renewable energy (hydro, wind, etc).

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

Tesla stations are supposedly solar and purchased renewable energy (hydro, wind, etc).

I live in Fla. I've traveled the state pretty well over the last 40 yrs or so.. Please name the town

52 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yes it isn't all solar, that is what the purchased energy is.  It Iis supposedly purchased energy from other renewable energy sources.  For example Tesla superchargers in Quebec get all their power from hydropower.

It's not 'other' renewable sources, it's just the normal old electrical grid. We're discussing the ranch in particular because you nit picked the funny meme.

The bigger picture here is if Biden bans all gasoline autos, a vast majority of the charging stations will not be from renewable sources. There's no green shine you can spin on this though it would be nice, just not going to happen. At least not before most if not all of us are dead.

56 minutes ago, Reality said:

The SFgate article is an article about the 2015 article with quotes from the guy who wrote the 2015 article.

It says updated Nov 2023 and in it, meaning they are actively researching t as well. You linked to a blog, hardly definitive of anything. I miss the point beyond this.

You also stated it was fake and I don't see how.

“The temporary emergency generator was operated by Tesla to only provide power for the mobile Supercharger unit, during the retrofit of the permanent site in 2015,” Harris Ranch spokesperson Suzanne Devereaux told SFGATE via email on Oct. 18.  

I don't think telling me the article is about another article discredits anything. They both did their research, as stated already. It's attached to the electrical grid. I'm sure for marketing reasons, you will find stations that are 100% renewable.

https://www.topspeed.com/tesla-supercharger/

"Tesla's Supercharger network emphasizes sustainability by leveraging renewable energy sources like solar and wind power. Many charging stations operate off the grid, minimizing reliance on fossil fuels and reducing their carbon footprint. This commitment to environmental stewardship aligns with Tesla's broader mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy."

For a company that likes to boast, 'many' falls short. I like Musk and I like his ideas and I wish him the best. I don't forget however, he's one of the richest people in the world. You don't get that way being a humanitarian. There's a reason why shady politicians promote the climate scam, lot's of profit.

58 minutes ago, Reality said:

The most real negatives for most renewable energy sources are their overhead cost, their limitations for use by location, and the amount of profit that can be generated.

Oh, is that all?

There's other reasons to pile on but that's a good start.

I don't think any of us are against renewable energy sources, what I'm against is the politicization of it. As I've tried saying in the past, we need to be honest about everything so we can advance. If you have people over exaggerating on somethings performance, we'll never make real progress. We're in a learning and discovery stage and we're no where close for example that Biden/Cali should come out and start banning gasoline powered products.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

While we can agree that is a very tiny accomplishment given the major push for climate 'justice'🙄, what exactly are your thoughts on Tesla, renewable sources and where our technology is at? Are you against gasoline powered vehicles or products? Do you believe in man made global warming? Do you feel we need to ban oil products?

Don't get me wrong, it's cool they can power a small town of 2k, but it sounds like a pet project that has no practicality. Kind of like when car companies come out with their concept cars, cool but they never happen.

13 hours ago, Reality said:

Dosnt matter... He was right on the money... Just follow the money!.. You missed the point completely...

This thread is hilarious and really encapsulates a lot of the braindead climate change denier stuff we've seen on this board for years.

Not only is it the classic parading around a fake expert, but there's even the element of confusing weather and climate. 

A scientific topic has become so politicized and we have a group of people on this board just following political orders on the subject. Facts aren't going to matter. Like I've said before I'm afraid we'll just have to wait until these folks aren't voting anymore and then hope the world isn't too fucked by that point. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/120_years_of_climate_scares.html#ixzz61lNpThFF

Scientists seeking funding and journalists seeking an audience agree: panic sells.

This is the fearmongering woody talks about all the time?

https://www.westernjournal.com/10-failed-global-warming-predictions/

Ever since the theory of global warming began being advanced by the left, there have been failed global warming predictions.

Prediction #1: Global cooling is the real problem

Prediction #2: If global warming isn’t reversed by the year 2000, it will be too late to avert catastrophe

Prediction #3: We’ll be living in Antarctica pretty soon

Prediction #4: Great Britain will be almost snow-less thanks to global warming

Prediction #5: Snow is going to be a thing of the past in other places, too

Prediction #6: We only have 50 days to save the world from global warming 

Prediction #7: Prince Charles says we only have 96 months to save the world

Prediction #8: The Earth will warm by 3 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit by 2025-2050

Prediction #9: Most species on the Earth will perish by 1995

Prediction #10: Pretty much everything in “An Inconvenient Truth”

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nickers said:

Here's some facts for you to chew on you asshole!

The Experts.JPG

Social media ruined a generation 

Covid lock down put it into overdrive 

I'm sorry you were a victim, Nickers. But it looks like all we'll get are the little images all the AARP members share with each other online. 

(And again with the anti academic, anti science, anti expert movement the right is pushing so hard. Appeal to morons I guess ...)

Sorry Jax, I know you just desperately want a friend, but I'm not wasting my time in a "debate" with you or anyone else on here around climate change. I did that for years, calling out lies and fake experts at every turn, so feel free to look that all up and pretend I'm having the conversation with you. Climate change skeptical are ready to prop up the guy that run the weather channel while dismissing a consensus of climatologists. To dismiss actually expertise and science at every opportunity. Absolutely not worth the time to argue with a wall. Best you'll get is me choosing to pop in here and make fun of the asinine things that get posted. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Social media ruined a generation 

Covid lock down put it into overdrive 

I'm sorry you were a victim, Nickers. But it looks like all we'll get are the little images all the AARP members share with each other online. 

(And again with the anti academic, anti science, anti expert movement the right is pushing so hard. Appeal to morons I guess ...)

Lol you're as Anti-freedom and Anti-American as it gets.. Take your shit and move to Venezuela... Idiot fuck!

2008 – “Hansen was never muzzled even though he violated NASA’s official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind’s effect on it). Hansen thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress” – Dr. John S. Theon, retired Chief of the Climate Processes Research Program atNASA

No photo description available.

SOLAR PANELS are at best about 20% EFFICIENT. They convert almost 0% of the UV light that hits them. None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum. At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun. This absorbed HEAT is RADIATED INTO THE adjacent ATMOSPHERE. It should be obvious what happens next. When air is warmed it rises. Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes. These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. SOLAR FARMS WILL BECOME THUNDERSTORM and TORONADO INCUBATORS and MAGNETS.
Solar panels are dark and and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated. This is known as black-body radiation. Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components. If they didn't do this they would fry themselves.
So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.
So I conclude with this. THERE IS NOTHING GREEN ABOUT GREEN ENERGY except the DIRTY MONEY flowing into corrupt pockets.
There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist. The technology doesn't exist. The engineering doesn't exist. We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.