THE BROWNS BOARD

A good and bad idea from Trump all in one

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

And it’s all bullshit. China has a fuck ton of people who meet the “best and brightest” test and have assimilated and been living here for years. Are we really going to deny ourselves the chance to steal the best and brightest from a rival? That’s silly.

The best and brightest aren't coming illegally.  And China is known to send government agents here for the sole purpose of stealing technology.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Zeppelin is apparently known to be difficult with licensing stuff. That song was used in the movie School of Rock, and l’m nerdy enough that l watched the behind the scenes clip showing the lengths they went through to earn the rights to use that song. It involved alll the extras.

We've done and released 2 covers. We obtained all necessary licensing prior to releasing them. IIRC obtaining licensing for "The Immigrant Song" was a significant part of why we let that one die on the vine.

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

The best and brightest aren't coming illegally.  And China is known to send government agents here for the sole purpose of stealing technology.

I agree. l’m not sure how this convo got angled towards illegal immigrants in the first place. Other than the hyper focus on “immigrants”, which was kind of my point. There’s a big emphasis on defining the kind of immigrant we’re looking for.

I have no doubt China has agents doing nefarious things here. I figure we’re doing the same to them. The border thing is bad, l know man. 

13 hours ago, Axe said:

We've done and released 2 covers. We obtained all necessary licensing prior to releasing them. IIRC obtaining licensing for "The Immigrant Song" was a significant part of why we let that one die on the vine.

Interesting. Did you find the licensing deal more difficult for that particular song? I wonder if they nitpick that song for some reason?

I found the School of Rock clip l was referring to. It’s corny, but definitely shows initiative. 

17 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Interesting. Did you find the licensing deal more difficult for that particular song? I wonder if they nitpick that song for some reason?

I

We did.. I don't recall the particulars but I remember saying at a certain point "geez,, fuckit." And I've heard from subsequent artists (not that we are) that Zep made things,,  difficult ;) 

The two we managed  to slip under the radar.. From the most obscure sources I could find because i don't want to revisit the litigious bullshit

https://mixposure.com/ariels-attic/audio/32177/the-wreck-of-the-edmund-fitzgerald?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0KFxR8swUiOOvyNK0FfYYgjaLW3jZf4jZ7hQirFql6ub0932oOm7ifYsA_aem_rrlwoj7h_3sqrcSkQzyv0g

Covers aren't worth the grief....

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I agree. l’m not sure how this convo got angled towards illegal immigrants in the first place. Other than the hyper focus on “immigrants”, which was kind of my point. There’s a big emphasis on defining the kind of immigrant we’re looking for.

I have no doubt China has agents doing nefarious things here. I figure we’re doing the same to them. The border thing is bad, l know man. 

Who knows what kind of immigrants they look for. My best bet is anyone with talent in medicine and technology.

It gets directed to illegals because media likes to call illegals, immigrants. I take you for left leaning? So when you mention immigrants I assume you mean the illegal invasion, if that's not the case, my bad.

I'd like to point out on the Chinese though, the difference is we aren't sending thousands of agents in undetected across an open border with no checks blending in with millions of other illegals.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jax said:

I'd like to point out on the Chinese though, the difference is we aren't sending thousands of agents in undetected across an open border with no checks blending in with millions of other illegals.

the trouble is, ibb seems to be inferring that we do. I wouldn't mind if he and ccc/woodpecker wanted to go invade communist china.

I'm sure china wouldn't have to worry about them raping and murdering women and young girls over there.

But the illegals are not immigrants.  They are illegals - they don't come here to be here permanently, they come here for

crimes, and to abuse our welfare system, our SS, our medicare and medicaid. If they get caught committing crimes, they will be happy to leave.

19 minutes ago, Jax said:

Who knows what kind of immigrants they look for. My best bet is anyone with talent in medicine and technology.

It gets directed to illegals because media likes to call illegals, immigrants. I take you for left leaning? So when you mention immigrants I assume you mean the illegal invasion, if that's not the case, my bad.

I’m going with what l believe is the dictionary definition of an immigrant, someone from another country coming to live in another country. Usually it’s the adjective before it indicating the good kind or the bad kind. Illegal vs. legal.

We’re looking for the best and brightest! In all seriousness, legal immigration has taken on a life of its own. Ever been to a hotel run by Pakistanis? Or a gas station run by Indians? Or a liquor store run by Saudis? Or a nail salon run by Vietnamese? Or a Mexican restaurant run by Mexicans?

There’s a reason certain nationalities are popping up in certain industries. 

Yes, the border. It’s bad man. It’s a bad detrimental thing. 

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the trouble is, ibb seems to be inferring that we do. I wouldn't mind if he and ccc/woodpecker wanted to go invade communist china.

I'm sure china wouldn't have to worry about them raping and murdering women and young girls over there.

But the illegals are not immigrants.  They are illegals - they don't come here to be here permanently, they come here for

crimes, and to abuse our welfare system, our SS, our medicare and medicaid. If they get caught committing crimes, they will be happy to leave.

You want me to invade China? I’ll do it, for you Cal. It’s going to require a spending account. You up for that?

That’s a good bet that l won’t be raping and murdering women. I appreciate that you consider me someone who isn’t going to rape and murder women. A real vote of confidence.

I’m not going to make blanket statements on why people are crashing the border and illegally immigrating. It’s an impossible situation to separate wheat from chaff and there are gobs of heartbreaking stories coming out of it.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m not going to make blanket statements on why people are crashing the border and illegally immigrating. It’s an impossible situation to separate wheat from chaff and there are gobs of heartbreaking stories coming out of it.  

Well clearly you don't watch the right news. No pun intended 

Be afraid and vote Rep

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m going with what l believe is the dictionary definition of an immigrant, someone from another country coming to live in another country. Usually it’s the adjective before it indicating the good kind or the bad kind. Illegal vs. legal.

We’re looking for the best and brightest! In all seriousness, legal immigration has taken on a life of its own. Ever been to a hotel run by Pakistanis? Or a gas station run by Indians? Or a liquor store run by Saudis? Or a nail salon run by Vietnamese? Or a Mexican restaurant run by Mexicans?

There’s a reason certain nationalities are popping up in certain industries. 

Yes, the border. It’s bad man. It’s a bad detrimental thing. 

That's partly true, but nations also have laws. We have laws against immigrants just coming in freely. Hell, we even have a limit on who try to come here the correct way.

You can't ignore our laws even though it's inconvenient for people who support a mass illegal invasion.

Immigrants have no rights to come here.

The immigrant definition you are trying to paint aligns more with a squatter definition.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jax said:

That's partly true, but nations also have laws. We have laws against immigrants just coming in freely. Hell, we even have a limit on who try to come here the correct way.

You can't ignore our laws even though it's inconvenient for people who support a mass illegal invasion.

Immigrants have no rights to come here.

The immigrant definition you are trying to paint aligns more with a squatter definition.

I’m not trying to redefine words here. Yeah, the border crashing immigrants are basically squatters. It’s a bad scene.