THE BROWNS BOARD

A good and bad idea from Trump all in one

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-floats-green-cards-non-citizen-college-graduates-rcna158211

This one again.

Automatic green card to college grads? Great idea

The "vetting process" described... Sounds like political pandering nonsense.

Seems like walking a thin line between getting immigrant votes while still appeasing your "oh my God, migrant crime!, look at these 17 articles from red state!" base

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 12:58 PM, MLD Woody said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-floats-green-cards-non-citizen-college-graduates-rcna158211

This one again.

Automatic green card to college grads? Great idea

The "vetting process" described... Sounds like political pandering nonsense.

Seems like walking a thin line between getting immigrant votes while still appeasing your "oh my God, migrant crime!, look at these 17 articles from red state!" base

Says the biggest asshole on TBB.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

That it sounds like political pandering nonsense. Exactly what I said above. 

Based on the quote and how subjective it is it could easily be abused. 

Yoi mean like Biden's open borders and student loan forgiveness?

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

OK, so you are opposed to things that could be abused? 

That clears it up thanks.

WSS

"President Trump has outlined the most aggressive vetting process in U.S. history, to exclude all communists, radical Islamists, Hamas supporters, America haters and public charges," Leavitt said.

Yes, I believe that vague, fear mongering, right wing pandering language can absolutely be abused. 

Anything can be abused.... But the intent here is clear. 

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2024 at 10:16 PM, MLD Woody said:

"President Trump has outlined the most aggressive vetting process in U.S. history, to exclude all communists, radical Islamists, Hamas supporters, America haters and public charges," Leavitt said.

Yes, I believe that vague, fear mongering, right wing pandering language can absolutely be abused. 

Anything can be abused.... But the intent here is clear. 

I would imagine much of this is a byproduct of the box republican candidates have been placed in where they’re trying to champion things that resonate with a lot of people but still appease the Redstate crowd. America has historically been fairly successful siphoning the best and brightest from other nations for a while. I would imagine both parties are interested in keeping that trend going.

How many of y’all never met a doctor that wasn’t born in the states? If more than 3 people speak up l’ll be surprised. 

But now, “immigrant” is a loaded word that begs questions. Are they illegal? Are they undocumented? Where did they come from? How did they get here?

Now there are caveats that must be addressed. Republican candidates now have to expend time and energy to make it clear that YES, we are still looking for the best and brightest of foreign countries, but NO we do not want the best and brightest of THESE people. 

With how the federal government operates, the fruition of this will likely be sad and darkly humorous. It’s going to be a check box on a form.

Are you a communist? Check box yes or no.

And it’s all bullshit. China has a fuck ton of people who meet the “best and brightest” test and have assimilated and been living here for years. Are we really going to deny ourselves the chance to steal the best and brightest from a rival? That’s silly.

• Upvote 1

I doubt very few of the people you describe are the military age males strolling across our borders.. Most of the people of the caliber you fawn about enter under valid educational visas.

No one, is sending us their "best and brightest" to walk across illegally..

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I would imagine much of this is a byproduct of the box republican candidates have been placed in where they’re trying to champion things that resonate with a lot of people but still appease the Redstate crowd. America has historically been fairly successful siphoning the best and brightest from other nations for a while. I would imagine both parties are interested in keeping that trend going.

How many of y’all never met a doctor that wasn’t born in the states? If more than 3 people speak up l’ll be surprised. 

But now, “immigrant” is a loaded word that begs questions. Are they illegal? Are they undocumented? Where did they come from? How did they get here?

Now there are caveats that must be addressed. Republican candidates now have to expend time and energy to make it clear that YES, we are still looking for the best and brightest of foreign countries, but NO we do not want the best and brightest of THESE people. 

With how the federal government operates, the fruition of this will likely be sad and darkly humorous. It’s going to be a check box on a form.

And it’s all bullshit. China has a fuck ton of people who meet the “best and brightest” test and have assimilated and been living here for years. Are we really going to deny ourselves the chance to steal the best and brightest from a rival? That’s silly.

My doctor was born in India but got here through the proper channels..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I doubt very few of the people you describe are the military age males strolling across our borders.. Most of the people of the caliber you fawn about enter under valid educational visas.

Fawn isn’t a word you see every day. I dig it. I didn’t mean to fawn.

None of this directly speaks to what’s happening with the border other than that’s another form of immigrant, which raises the importance of defining what kind of immigrant we’re talking about when we’re talking about immigrants.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Fawn isn’t a word you see every day. I dig it. I didn’t mean to fawn.

None of this directly speaks to what’s happening with the border other than that’s another form of immigrant, which raises the importance of defining what kind of immigrant we’re talking about when we’re talking about immigrants.

We were actually working on a cover of this.. Paid for numerous licenses to do so.. Never came to be.. Kudos for posting

Back to the fact of the matter ;)

https://www.facebook.com/reel/833512025408597

30 minutes ago, Axe said:

We were actually working on a cover of this.. Paid for numerous licenses to do so.. Never came to be.. Kudos for posting

Back to the fact of the matter ;)

https://www.facebook.com/reel/833512025408597

Zeppelin is apparently known to be difficult with licensing stuff. That song was used in the movie School of Rock, and l’m nerdy enough that l watched the behind the scenes clip showing the lengths they went through to earn the rights to use that song. It involved alll the extras.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Zeppelin is apparently known to be difficult with licensing stuff. That song was used in the movie School of Rock, and l’m nerdy enough that l watched the behind the scenes clip showing the lengths they went through to earn the rights to use that song. It involved alll the extras.

Jimmy Page and Peter Grant were/are shrewd businessmen.. Peter Grant had a gangster like style of doing things...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Typical left strategy to twist words and meanings(politicians and media). What is invading our country are illegal aliens, not immigrants.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/crime-enter-illegally.html

What Is Illegal Entry to the United States?

U.S. immigration law actually uses the term "improper entry," which has a broad meaning. It's more than just slipping across the U.S. border at an unguarded point. Improper entry can include:

• entering or attempting to enter the United States at any time or place other than one designated by U.S. immigration officers (in other words, away from a border inspection point or other port of entry)
  • eluding examination or inspection by U.S. immigration officers (people have tried everything from digging tunnels to hiding in the trunk of a friend's car)
  • attempting to enter or obtain entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or willful concealment of a material fact (which might include, for example, lying on a visa application or buying a false green card or other entry document).

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title8-section1325&num=0&edition=prelim

§1325. Improper entry by alien

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties

Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of-

(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or

(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.

Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.

(c) Marriage fraud

Any individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or fined not more than $250,000, or both.

(d) Immigration-related entrepreneurship fraud

Any individual who knowingly establishes a commercial enterprise for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, fined in accordance with title 18, or both.

9 hours ago, Axe said:

Props to whatever right wing political think tank workshopped "military aged males". I'm sure that resonated with focus groups. Just like the recent shift to "migrant". 

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I have a friend working on a visa to get back here after not winning the H1B lottery (another example of the best and brightest getting kicked out based on luck). There's absolutely a question on there that's just "are you a terrorist?"

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I have a friend working on a visa to get back here after not winning the H1B lottery (another example of the best and brightest getting kicked out based on luck). There's absolutely a question on there that's just "are you a terrorist?"

He must be upset to know that all you have to do is cross illegally and get a free ride.