THE BROWNS BOARD

In the age of AI, politics has evolved

21 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Here's some data from Gallup on the decreasing amount of trust in the media. What do you think these numbers are going to look like in 2024 after the mainstream media got caught playing The Emperor's New Clothes? I would be shocked if Democrat trust in media stays above 50%. 

I wonder what this data will look like after this year. lol, lmao.

image.png.39729322a74c7e12d84c6c9186dddb38.png

I get the steep drop among republicans around the time Trump hit the scene and decided every story critical of him was fake news...

... But surprised it was matched by a steep rise in trust among Dems

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I get the steep drop among republicans around the time Trump hit the scene and decided every story critical of him was fake news...

FYI, the big Democratic legacy media companies are to blame for killing journalism.

You only have to look at the decline of Joe’s cognizance not even being remotely covered by ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, or even Tass for fuck sake.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't find that surprising in the slightest.

Legacy media awarded themselves a Pulitzer for reporting on Trump's collusion with Russia. They called him a "threat to democracy" every day. Never Trump conservatives, neoliberals, and suburban soccer moms ate that up. The Pulitzer used to be a prestigious award. Normal people who aren't all that political hear it every day from these award winning organizations and take their claims at face value. The problem is that the media fearmongered and made a lot of assertions about Trump without evidence to back it up.

COVID happens, scientists with legitimate concerns about the origin of the virus or the risks of the vaccine get zero media coverage, deplatformed by big tech. Trump and anyone hesitant to be a guinea pig gets labelled as a retard conspiracy theorist by the "I fucking love science" crowd and blamed for every death attributed to COVID and are denounced as y'all Qaeda. 

You have no idea how infuriating it is to be a medical professional, citing CDC data on vaccine outcomes that I find concerning, and being told by laypeople that I'm incorrectly interpreting the data or that I'm an anti-vaxxer.  

The best way I can try to explain this to someone who would "rather vote in a corpse than Trump" (your words) is if the entire media apparatus latched onto the Fox News birther conspiracy theory during Obama's presidency and called him a "secret Muslin terrorist" every day. 

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

https://drewholden.substack.com/p/the-media-helped-cover-up-bidens

Here's a fun article that goes through multiple examples of media gaslighting on the subject of Biden, from WP, NYT, AP, CBS, ABC, The Hill, NBC. 

The moral of the story is that it was okay for journalists to lie to the public, so long as Trump didn't have a shot at the White House. Now that Trump is the favorite, they now have no problem reporting honestly on Biden's mental health. Sadly, I doubt it's because they are pivoting toward a more open and honest media model, but rather because it is a means of keeping Trump out of office. 

On 6/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, VaporTrail said:

After videos of Italian president Meloni and former president Obama having to lead Biden around in public as if he's a nursing home patient, White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre calls reporting of it irresponsible and attributes it to "cheapfakes" and "deepfakes." Legacy media immediately does their bidding and performs a "fact check" on said videos. I remember those people calling Trump unfit for the presidency for far less than this. 

Anyone who's had to take care of an elderly relative can see that Biden is clearly not all there. The DNC needs a coup from its populists and leftists, badly. If Trump wins, wouldn't be shocked to see him in a few years looking the same as Biden does now. I may watch the debate just to see how much adderall the team doctor thinks it's safe to give an 80 year old with dementia. 

George Orwell's '1984' leaps to top of Amazon bestseller list. It's in ...

10 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

https://drewholden.substack.com/p/the-media-helped-cover-up-bidens

Here's a fun article that goes through multiple examples of media gaslighting on the subject of Biden, from WP, NYT, AP, CBS, ABC, The Hill, NBC. 

The moral of the story is that it was okay for journalists to lie to the public, so long as Trump didn't have a shot at the White House. Now that Trump is the favorite, they now have no problem reporting honestly on Biden's mental health. Sadly, I doubt it's because they are pivoting toward a more open and honest media model, but rather because it is a means of keeping Trump out of office. 

I'm sure their ratings are better with Trump in office

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure their ratings are better with Trump in office

It's not sustainable though. I give this cycle another 10 years before we put a populist in power that ends up being the next Hitler or Stalin. 

25 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

It's not sustainable though. I give this cycle another 10 years before we put a populist in power that ends up being the next Hitler or Stalin. 

Plenty of bubbles could burst before then

Maybe a runback of occupy wall street. How long can the wealth gap keep growing? Though I guess we're ultimately saying similar things here. I just have a slightly more positive outlook. 

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2024 at 10:37 PM, VaporTrail said:

and he will be a democrat, you betcha.

• Upvote 1