THE BROWNS BOARD

TBB RIP?

14 minutes ago, syd said:

LOL C'mon these fella's get mighty triggered when  you push back  on donald.

It's your right to say what you want, I may disagree but I don't get mad it's all for fun.

56 minutes ago, Vambo said:

It's your right to say what you want, I may disagree but I don't get mad it's all for fun.

I know you  do not, others not so much and that is why i  enjoy showing up once in a blue moon.

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You surprise me Cal, you wouldn’t help support the board? Support doesn’t always mean financing. You’re really active here man. That’s a big part of support. 

no, I meant help pay for it. I love the board, but a few have left permanently because of the arrogant abuse anytime they had an opinion that others could attack. I don't get it.

And, unfortunately for a few like me, their politics gets them hostility over fake Browns football issues.

Woodpecker is crying for the politics forum to go away, and then he'd support the Browns forum.

It seems analogous to say that it's like "The Lord of the Flies" around here often, on the Browns forum. Too bad.

43 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I meant help pay for it. I love the board, but a few have left permanently because of the arrogant abuse anytime they had an opinion that others could attack. I don't get it.

And, unfortunately for a few like me, their politics gets them hostility over fake Browns football issues.

Woodpecker is crying for the politics forum to go away, and then he'd support the Browns forum.

It seems analogous to say that it's like "The Lord of the Flies" around here often, on the Browns forum. Too bad.

You already know politics can be a wedge maker for some folks. That’s why the poli board was established, yeah? 

The banter and debate that happens here is part of the appeal for some of y’all. 

Neither of us gets to decide who leaves here. It’s a board for the toughest fans in pro sports. If they left did they really belong in the first place?

6 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You already know politics can be a wedge maker for some folks. That’s why the poli board was established, yeah? 

The banter and debate that happens here is part of the appeal for some of y’all. 

Neither of us gets to decide who leaves here. It’s a board for the toughest fans in pro sports. If they left did they really belong in the first place?

Agreed.  I've had some real arguments in here since 2005 (different set up then).  But I'm still kicking.  Some pussies (Peckerhead) can't take the heat and want to abolish anything that they don't agree with.  I have a feeling that's what will happen here if some people take charge.  If so, good riddance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Agreed.  I've had some real arguments in here since 2005 (different set up then).  But I'm still kicking.  Some pussies (Peckerhead) can't take the heat and want to abolish anything that they don't agree with.  I have a feeling that's what will happen here if some people take charge.  If so, good riddance.

Yeah, if some whiny ass liberal takes over the board…I’m outta here.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yeah, if some whiny ass liberal takes over the board…I’m outta here.

I would bet mjp would go all joe biden's doj on any of us who aren't leftists.

1 hour ago, syd said:

Hi Cal is there any way we could stop this BS and just talk football. Please

sure, except this is the political forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2024 at 1:17 AM, syd said:

no you fucking idiot, Just wondering what you fucks going to do when this place go's away

As to football, well, there's PLENTY of other Facebook Forums (Diehard Browns Fans) and Internet stuff (Orange and Brown Report)  that don't put up with juvenile shit and name calling that is SOP here. Sadly, too much of it has filtered over to the Browns side of things.  :( 

On 6/16/2024 at 7:45 AM, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Not worry about some drugged up alcoholic loser like you.

Exactly why I won't be too sad should this place go away. And like Steve, my participation goes all the way back to the old AOL Board, things have changed around here. Moderation is a foreign concept.  I tried (once) as  Moderator, and got shot down immediately. 

On 6/16/2024 at 6:45 PM, calfoxwc said:

Exactly right Cal- YOU and your gang of right wing Goobers are the major problem here, as I see it.  Drunk- Woodpecker, 70+ years old and never learned how to respect other opinions. Mainly because you're living in some alternate reality. Clueless to the end Mike. Don't forget- when I was employed in the Medical profession, people's lives depended on me making accurate observations.  Oh, I'm sure you can find plenty of stuff to do in your free time like scan Red State, Patriot Alerts, NewsMax, and a few other propaganda sites that you seem to favor.  You even could sign up for Truth Social, and there's another Trump suckup Forum (that I can't remember the URL of) that would make you feel right at home.  :D

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:19 PM, Westside Steve said:

Hi guys a few years ago I took over the payments on the board at that time it was nearly 1000 bucks a month. I had a couple revenues stream ideas that never got off the ground.  I worked out a deal with Invision for 10% of that after the first couple years. I know there is a way of getting everybody to pay 25 bucks a year but my eyesight is getting worse and I just don’t want to deal with it. I'd be happy to toss in two or three hundred hundred bucks toward that goal if somebody else did the work. There are a few guys on the board I consider real friends a few more who I consider acquaintances and a few assholes. Ironically these distinctions have nothing to do with politics or friendship. Anyway unless I renew everything goes dark in a couple weeks. If somebody wants to take over payments and has the IT knowledge to do a few things let me know. Here’s my e-mail address so tell me personally

Bear222@aol.com

Make sure I know exactly who you are ha ha.

I won’t turn it over to political zealots or vindictive pricks evn if we are friends I hope that’s understandable.

By the way the amount of responses will probably be a factor in deciding what to do. I love all of you, well at least a lot of you.

Rest in peace Stan.

WSS

Didn't know that your out of pocket costs to keep the Board running were on the high side of $1,000 bucks a year. And I thank you for that. Take a look at my previous post. Sorry Steve. but IMHO, the Hard Rock Cafe motto "Love all, Serve All" just doesn't fly on message Boards- in general.  No policing will eventually result in anarchy. FWIW in my POV, that's exactly what the Political forum has degenerated into. Sometimes you have to permanently kick the loonies off, and tell them to spew their crap elsewhere- (or tell them how to behave themselves) that is, if you happen to favor adult discussion, instead of a pile of ad hominum attacks and insults. Yep Steve, I've pretty much had it. :(  :(  :(  

BROWNS BOARD RIP- JUNE, 2024.    

somebody ran out of $$$ for hard liquor, methinks.

It shows up, rages but not one word about politics, and screams out juvenile epithets to complain

that it can't dominate this board.image.gif.0b2a6c30c15d1397338c47a39e857a02.gif

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Didn't know that your out of pocket costs to keep the Board running were on the high side of $1,000 bucks a year. And I thank you for that. Take a look at my previous post. Sorry Steve. but IMHO, the Hard Rock Cafe motto "Love all, Serve All" just doesn't fly on message Boards- in general.  No policing will eventually result in anarchy. FWIW in my POV, that's exactly what the Political forum has degenerated into. Sometimes you have to permanently kick the loonies off, and tell them to spew their crap elsewhere- (or tell them how to behave themselves) that is, if you happen to favor adult discussion, instead of a pile of ad hominum attacks and insults. Yep Steve, I've pretty much had it. :(  :(  :(  

Why do you keep going to a board you hate, you've said you've had it hundreds of times year after year but here you are back to a place you hate...“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Sorry to hear that.

$1000 / month - yikes, quite a bit more than I'd have thought.

I have some IT skills, but not enough likely to run something like this, plus being distant.

Been difficult for me to make time to get on here much anymore as it is.

😞

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Originally the high side of a thousand bucks a month. Stan had originally set it up with all kinds of bells and whistles for future profit reaping. It just never panned out. But, seriously, though you and I have been on good terms as friends for a long time, there's not one guy on the political board that's a bigger more abusive more obnoxious arrogant asshole than you. (Maybe Cleve ot Mr T...)

That doesn't mean we aren't friends, it just means don't flatter yourself bitch.

WSS

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

As to football, well, there's PLENTY of other Facebook Forums (Diehard Browns Fans) and Internet stuff (Orange and Brown Report)  that don't put up with juvenile shit and name calling that is SOP here. Sadly, too much of it has filtered over to the Browns side of things. 

not from me dude(unless it is nickers and he is not very bright) so i do not know why  you are cherry picking my post, when i  was talking to jax

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

There are plenty of other browns message boards that offer a moderation style that you prefer. No one has a gun to your head. No one is forcing you to read the posts here. Why are you wasting your time here if you loathe it and everyone here?

(Probably because it feels good for you to tell someone to suck a fat one every now and then)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I take back what I said. We can keep the poli board is JAFBF gets to run the whole site

And we put a UM alum as the moderator for the college football board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

There are plenty of other browns message boards that offer a moderation style that you prefer. No one has a gun to your head. No one is forcing you to read the posts here. Why are you wasting your time here if you loathe it and everyone here?

(Probably because it feels good for you to tell someone to suck a fat one every now and then)

This is pretty much the weird unspoken appeal part of the poli board. Some of you guys like sticking it to each other. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

This is pretty much the weird unspoken appeal part of the poli board. Some of you guys like sticking it to each other. 

That's why I keep it this way. Like pagans and christians in the fourth century.

Everybody is pissed off at the Gods don't strike down their enemies from either side..

WSS

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bourbon Goes In Wisdom Comes Out Cotton T-shirt

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jax said:

And he always accuses us of not getting things. 🤣

LOL

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

The irony! 🤣

LOL