THE BROWNS BOARD

★ CLE (80-60) .571 ||+4.5 x2  MIN/KC || (+20 over .500) |||  ★ STILL THE ● BEST RECORD ●  IN  ♥︎  AL CENTRAL ★ REV. 9/5/2024 ★

mjp28

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 8:53 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Great start to the road trip, seventh win in a row!

~  Jose,  Jose,  Jose.   2 HRs !  ~

I should say so.    :D     CLE  10    LAA 4    final.

Edited by mjp28

~  EVEN  ~  though KC has won   +8   in a row  ....  Cleveland  is in charge here.   The  NEXT  two games are ...

GAME 51 -  Game 1  of  3   MAY  24.   W  .

GAME 52 -  Game 2 of 3  MAY 25   #1. CLE  in  # 5. LAA   at 9:38 pm     Pitchers  -   Bibee   vs   Soriano   W .

GAME 53 -  Game 3 of 3  MAY 26  CLE  in  LAA   at 4:07 pm    Pitchers  -    Lively   vs   Detmers

▪︎------------▪︎          ▪︎------------▪︎

CLE 4   LAA 0,  to bottom 3.  Jose, Jose Jose   2R HR.   :)

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

And Jose with another dinger, 4-0 good guys, 3rd inning. 

Jose es en fuengo.  (Slang.)     So are the LAAs.    A 1 run game now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 12:04 AM, Dutch Oven said:

BALLGAME!

Eight win in a row, Guardians now at 35-17,  * the second best record they've ever had at this point of the season. 

Nothing like  spoiling. the other guys fireworks  :lol:  night.   And is  Jose clutch or what !   Going for another  SWEEP  at 4:07 pm on SUNDAY MAY 26.

Are these   * young guns fantastic   or what !  Check the numbers below.  (expand for a better view)

Edited by mjp28
35-17 and a +18 at GAME 52.
  • Like 1

I'm not a subscriber to the Plain Dealer on-line (but it's getting to the point where I should just take the dive and do it) but Shane Bieber, who hits free agency after the season is over, is very open to coming back to the Guardians next season if they are interested.

Probably would be a one-year "prove it" deal, but if he checks out physically, I'd be up for it.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not a subscriber to the Plain Dealer on-line (but it's getting to the point where I should just take the dive and do it) but Shane Bieber, who hits free agency after the season is over, is very open to coming back to the Guardians next season if they are interested.

Probably would be a one-year "prove it" deal, but if he checks out physically, I'd be up for it.

Haven't the  CLE INDIANS & GUARDIANS  Brain-trust been through this many times with. Colon, CC, Lee, Kluber (more?) Clevinger Cy Young  pitchers and others  -and-  a few position players (Frankie Lindor?).   How did those work out in almost  every one ?    

Almost  Or maybe every single one  like it's  Cleveland pitching magic ?   Somehow I think they will get a good deal for Beiber  maybe better.   I will give them a shot at it,   why not.

Posted (edited)
~  AND  ~  yet another   throphy  swallowed up by our networks.   Yes, the old  FOX  one ?    The Old duke football one  ?

GAME 53 -  Game 3 of 3  MAY 26  CLE (35-17) L-10 ( 9-1 )  -in-   LAA   -at-  4:07 pm    Pitchers  -    Lively (3-2 )   vs   Detmers (3-4 )   .....  Or BTW,  KC ( 35-19 )  L-10  (9-1 )   (-1.5 to  CLE ) ....  My money is on CLE.  :)

▪︎------------▪︎          ▪︎------------▪︎

GAME 53  -  Game 3 of 3  MAY 26   CLE (35-17) .673  -in-  LAA (20-32)  .385  -at-  4:07 pm                                    Pitchers  -  Lively  (3-2)   vs   Detmers  (3-4)       ●~~>  PLAY BALL ALREADY ! <~~●      WHEW !

CLE 5   LAA 2   mid 7 ,  and LAA so generous with the 7  walks and 2  HBP today.

CLE 5   LAA 3,  bottom 8 , the Angels creeping up.  NOW CLE 5-4.     TO THE 9th ...

CLE 5   LAA 4,  bottom 9,  Clase is in,  1 out, 2 out  -and-  BALLGAME !    CLE WINS  #9.

~  AND  ~   going for  #10 in a row.  See you  MONDAY  MAY 27 in Colorado   -at- 4:10 pm.   :D  

Edited by mjp28

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ (36-17) .679 ★ CLE W9 and +19 over .500 at GAME 53 .... WOW !

What's different between last years G's team and this one, helping to explain the turnaround?

Last season, the Guardians went 24-35 vs left-handed starters.

This season, they've started the season going 10-2 vs southpaws. 

• Upvote 1

Got tickets to a couple Guardians game this morning mjp, going to the July 4th afternoon game vs the White Sox and a late August game vs the Rangers, and we splurged and got the All You Can Eat Club Seats! First time I'll ever be in that section. 

• Like 1

~  AND  ~   GAME  2  of  3  tonight is underway.  And in the top of the  1st  inning ...  JOSE, JOSE  a 2R HR !  

CLE 2   COL 0, promising start  -but-  still  CLE 2-0.

CLE 13.  COL 7  up +6  with 2 innings to go ?     Who are these guys ?  Whoa. ★ Final CLE 13 -7 ★

~  WHO  ~  Are these guys ?  Find out tomorrow same time and place.  Check out this line.   :o

★  CLE 13   and  COLORADO   7  final score,  for the    " HOTTEST "   team in baseball.    :D

~  AND  ~  Now the   "Rubber Match"   in this game  3 of 3   with CLE  -in-  COL  -at- 8:40 pm.  Allen  vs  Blach

Game 3 -  Well the Guardians  finally  lost a game series  1-2  vs  Colorado.  Attn:  21,372.

x  COL 7    CLE 4    WP -  Blach (2-2)     Allen (6-3) NO SV    AND    -NO GAME-  THUR 30 !      :( 

▪︎----------▪︎            ▪︎----------▪︎

~  BUT  ~  It's back home to  CLE  OH   -6-  games vs  WAS &  "KC"   AND   -NO GAME-  6/13       :o

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ (37-19) .661 +3 ★ CLE +3 over KC & GAME 57 coming up soon ! .... YEAH ! (★Rev. 5/31/24)

And tonight  it's  WAS (26-29) .473  at   CLE (37-19) .661 .

~  SO   ~   Who is the   HOTTEST   team in MLB  now and why ?  Well it's our  Cleveland  GUARDIANS  and just look.  ▪︎-->     NEXT  -OFF DAY -  THU MAY 30.   Then  -OFF DAY -  MON JUN 3.

Fri, May 17 W3-2 28-17 Herrin 2-0 Duran 0-1 Clase 13 30,121
Sat, May 18 W11-4 29-17 Allen 5-2 Ober 4-2   35,545
Sun, May 19 W5-2 30-17 Clase 3-1 Duran 0-2   25,136
Mon, May 20 W3-1 31-17 Lively 3-2 Megill 0-2 Clase 14 20,046
Tue, May 21 W7-6 32-17 Sandlin 4-0 Houser 0-4 Clase 15 20,977
Wed, May 22 W6-3 33-17 Gaddis 3-1 Garrett 5-1 Smith 1 22,322
Fri, May 24 W10-4 34-17 Allen 6-2 Sandoval 2-7   37,618
Sat, May 25 W4-3 35-17 Bibee 3-1 Soriano 2-5 Clase 16 35,861
Sun, May 26 W5-4 36-17 Lively 4-2 Detmers 3-5 Clase 17 38,741
Mon, May 27 L8-6 36-18 Rogers 1-0 Curry 0-1 Beeks 5 35,122
Tue, May 28 W13-7 37-18 Smith 2-0 Lambert 2-4   21,009
Wed, May 29 L7-4 37-19 Blach 2-2 Allen 6-3   21,374
■  DATE ■  OPPONENT ■ TIME ■ TV ■ PITCHER ■ OPP JUST CHECK OUT THIS RUN !
Fri, May 31 7:10 PM   Bibee Corbin ★10-2 !  & UPCOMING GAMES ~
Sat, Jun 1 4:10 PM   Lively Parker ~ at ~  home vs  WAS & "KC" !
Sun, Jun 2 1:40 PM     Irvin  
Tue, Jun 4 6:40 PM   McKenzie Ragans

Wed, Jun 5 6:40 PM   Allen Lugo  
Thu, Jun 6 1:10 PM   Bibee Singer "BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN"
Fri, Jun 7
@MiamiMiami.        ✔️       😀   

08_06_21_monopoly_hard-work-pays-off-_canvas-frame-white_canvas-horizontal_800x800_cc2945dd-a3aa-4732-ad31-b3ed4cc71c73_960x960_crop_center.jpg

Posted (edited)

~  AND  ~  in tonight's evening matchup it will be    WAS  in  CLE   -at- 7:10 pm.    Pitchers  -  Bibee  vs  Corbin

GAME 57 -  Game 1 of 3    ●~~>    PLAY BALL     >~~>

CLE 2.  WAS 1

CLE 7    WAS 1 ..... don't forget to  SAVE YOUR DAMN WORK ....  Going to 9.   :D

Edited by mjp28
Attn: 35,000+ SELLOUT !

Nice bounce back win to start the home stand, in front of a sell-out crowd of 35,000+.

I know it is early, but its going to be interesting to see what the G's do regarding the trade deadline. They'll definitely be in the market for a starting pitcher. Hopefully young stud Gavin Williams can contribute when he gets up to speed after recovering from his injury. 

• Upvote 1

And I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up David Fry - super sub - who was an anonymous 27 year old rookie last season.

Well, in his second season, he's making it difficult to not just put in the 5 spot in the lineup permanently, even if he's moving from catcher to outfielder to firstbase. He only has 105 at bats this season, half as many as Jose Ramirez, Josh Naylor and Andres Gimenez, yet he's third on the team with eight home runs and has 27 runs batted in. He's batting .352 AND is tied with the lead on the team with 23 walks, and has an insane OPS (on base plus slugging) of 1.114! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up David Fry - super sub - who was an anonymous 27 year old rookie last season.

Well, in his second season, he's making it difficult to not just put in the 5 spot in the lineup permanently, even if he's moving from catcher to outfielder to firstbase. He only has 105 at bats this season, half as many as Jose Ramirez, Josh Naylor and Andres Gimenez, yet he's third on the team with eight home runs and has 27 runs batted in. He's batting .352 AND is tied with the lead on the team with 23 walks, and has an insane OPS (on base plus slugging) of 1.114! 

Very true.   I have NOT checked his contract situation. -but-  he's become right in line with  Josh, Jose and anybody else for the. former  CLE  big bat problem that they have less of right now.   

In fact he  "coulda "  been a 3, 4, 5 hole hitter  as/for  protection now ?    I'm going to check his contract info soon.    B)

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Very true.   I have NOT checked his contract situation. -but-  he's become right in line with  Josh, Jose and anybody else for the. former  CLE  big bat problem that they have less of right now.   

In fact he  "coulda "  been a 3, 4, 5 hole hitter  as/for  protection now ?    I'm going to check his contract info soon.    B)

Posted (edited)

Here it is. Mr David  Fry. as simple as it gets.

David Fry signed a 1 year , $741,000 contract with the Cleveland Guardians, including $741,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $741,000. In 2024, Fry will earn a base salary of $741,000, while carrying a total salary of $741,000.

CONTRACT TERMS:
1 yr(s) / $741,000.     AVERAGE SALARY:      $741,000.     SIGNING BONUS:    N/A
SUMMARYPAYROLL BREAKDOWNCASH BREAKDOWN
YEAR   AGE PAYROLLANNUAL LUXURY TAX TAX %LEAGUE TAX CASHANNUAL CASHCUMULATIVE

xx.   2024

cle_2022.png 28 $741,000 $741,000 0.31% $741,000

.......  edit add .....

■  Before all that  ONE CONTRACT  2018  With the  MIL BREWERS  for  $10,000  ( NO details )  and a   lot of missing years.    

Edited by mjp28

~  AND  ~  some early inning magic.   Today's. Pitching  -   Parker  vs  Lively  -   82°  at gametime.

CLE 2    WAS 0  with the bases loaded,    WAS makes a feilding gaff. with outs  lets. 2 score for

CLE  3.  WAS 2,  to the 9th again,  Clase in,  1 out,  2 out,  3 OUTS !!!   BALLGAME !   

~  THESE  ~  guys are    serious  and   wow !   Now at (39-19) .672  +4.5.  Check these numbers.

♥︎ Going for another  SWEEP  Sunday ?   Catch us    at 1:40 pm   tomorrow.  SP -  Irvin  vs  Carrasco   :)

Screenshot_2024-06-01_184149.jpg

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ballgame!

Guardians win their 9th straight home game, win another series. 

I'm loving these guys !  Come August or September  some guys might come rolling in saying .... D'uh what happened ?   :lol:

My wife just took out another of my favorites out of the oven. TUNA MAC CASSEROLE,  mmm-mmm   Oh yeah !   Have a good evening everyone. ♡

.........  edit add.Sunday .......  slight correction  ...   it was NJ's own  TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE  with a few Italian spices on the top before putting it in the oven.   It was. "OH MY GOD GOOD !"    I can't wait until after the game .....  I'm having another bowl  NOW.     :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ballgame!

Guardians win their 9th straight home game, win another series. 

With KC coming into The Jake!

A sweep would be nice, but I'll take 2/3, especially with the Marlins on deck and the Reds in the hole.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AP1 said:

With KC coming into The Jake!

A sweep would be nice, but I'll take 2/3, especially with the Marlins on deck and the Reds in the hole.

Up +4.5 now with one more verses a beat down Washington  team then. "KC" .

■  DATE ■  OPPONENT ■ TIME ■ TV ■ PITCHER ■ OPP JUST CHECK OUT THIS RUN !
Fri, May 31 7:10 PM   Bibee Corbin ★10-2 !  & UPCOMING GAMES   ~W-
Sat, Jun 1 4:10 PM   Lively Parker ~ at ~  home vs  WAS & "KC" !    -W-
Sun, Jun 2 1:40 PM   Cookkie Irvin - ? -  TODAY !    - L -   Oh well ....
Tue, Jun 4 6:40 PM   McKenzie Ragans

Wed, Jun 5 6:40 PM   Allen Lugo  
Thu, Jun 6 1:10 PM   Bibee Singer "BACK ON THE ROAD AGAIN"
Fri, Jun 7
@MiamiMiami.        ✔️       

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~~▪︎

♥︎ Going for another  SWEEP  Sunday ?   Catch us    at 1:40 pm   today .   Pitchers   -  Irvin  vs  Carrasco   :)

A  68° at game time and it's  - GAME ON ! -   

WAS 4   CLE 0  bottom 2,    Nats got 4 runs on 5 hits in that inning.  BUT  CLE comes back. 4-2.

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ (39-19) .672 +20 ! ★ CLE +5 over KC & GAME 59 coming up soon ! .... YEAH ! (★Rev. 6/2/24)

Guardians call up Daniel Schneeman from Columbus, 27 year old who has played all over the diamond. Basically, another David Fry.

Comes up in his first MLB at bat and lines a two run double on his first pitch! Cuts the Guardians deficit to 4-2. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Guardians call up Daniel Schneeman from Columbus, 27 year old who has played all over the diamond. Basically, another David Fry.

Comes up in his first MLB at bat and lines a two run double on his first pitch! Cuts the Guardians deficit to 4-2. 

.....  A little revision Sunday. .....

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm loving these guys !  Come August or September  some guys might come rolling in saying .... D'uh what happened ?   :lol:

My wife just took out another of my favorites out of the oven. TUNA MAC CASSEROLE,  mmm-mmm   Oh yeah !   Have a good evening everyone. ♡    ......  (scroll down please).....

.........  edit add.Sunday .......  slight correction  ...   it was NJ's own  TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE  with a few Italian spices on the top before putting it in the oven.   It was. "OH MY GOD GOOD !"    I can't wait until after the game .....  I'm having another bowl  NOW.     :P

And I'm going now...... briefly.    Catch you soon !

20240602_151351.jpg