THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Biden

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Trump won early in the debate, he seemed poised and prepared. Then he slipped back into rambling.

Biden- to me and probably a lot of people, we wanted to see how his mental state is. Well, it's not good.

I've said this before....the Rs probably blew the opportunity to take back the White House, time will tell. 

On 6/28/2024 at 6:09 PM, MLD Woody said:

Alternatively, a huge portion of this country wants nothing to do with Trump. Is that an easier opponent than a more centered candidate in 2028?

I get where you're coming from, Trump lost to Biden. But you've got to remember that Biden was the only one from the 2024 field who had a chance of beating him. If it was as easy as just swapping out one Democrat for another, I have to imagine the people currently running the country would have already done exactly that. 

And what in god's green earth makes you think that someone closer to center than Trump is going to win the 2028 GOP nomination? I think it's going to be both parties chasing the populist vote. 

America's adversaries didn't just think President Biden got pummeled in Thursday's debate, they claim the United States was the real loser.

Russia, China, Iran and others weighed in after Biden's faltering performance left viewers stunned. Media outlets in those countries, many of which are government-run, seized on the debate debacle to criticize the U.S.

21 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I get where you're coming from, Trump lost to Biden. But you've got to remember that Biden was the only one from the 2024 field who had a chance of beating him. If it was as easy as just swapping out one Democrat for another, I have to imagine the people currently running the country would have already done exactly that. 

And what in god's green earth makes you think that someone closer to center than Trump is going to win the 2028 GOP nomination? I think it's going to be both parties chasing the populist vote. 

Fair enough. The party is moving further right, so it's definitely a possibility. I was comparing Trump to the rest of the field which had some options slightly more towards the middle. 

I firmly believe any competent Dem could beat Trump. And any competent Rep could beat Biden. 

I'd have to think they're doing what they can to swap him out. But it sounds like the simplest process is for Biden to back out. Holding an intervention with a sun downing 81 year old man to tell him not to do something on probably isn't that easy. 

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'd have to think they're doing what they can to swap him out. But it sounds like the simplest process is for Biden to back out. Holding an intervention with a sun downing 81 year old man to tell him not to do something on probably isn't that easy. 

Apparently the family had a come to Jesus meeting at camp David today.

I don't see any way Biden, or Harris is on the ticket come November.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fair enough. The party is moving further right, so it's definitely a possibility. I was comparing Trump to the rest of the field which had some options slightly more towards the middle. 

General trend in the West is moving away from the center (because those politicians are owned by neoconservative and neoliberal globalists who have ignored how the working class has been hollowed out by globalist policies). France's first round of national elections was tonight, and Macron's party is taking big losses. His centrist party is going to be in third place, behind Popular Front (a leftist movement) and Le Pen's National Rally (who may get an outright majority). 

This trend has been happening for a decade. The second round of voting had been enough in the past to prevent Le Pen, a nationalist, from winning the presidency. Next year might be her year.

I don't see the trend reversing until we have ourselves another world war. 

Just now, Axe said:

In case all of you haven't noticed. It has been going on for quite some time now..

Nah, it's a relatively new trend. Political philosophers wrote books like "The End of History" after the Soviet Union broke apart. The book's thesis more or less stated that Western style liberal democracies were the future and end point of all political systems. In hindsight, that was clearly a ridiculous prediction, but I remember it being essential reading in liberal circles I was a part of around the time Obama was elected. The Arab Spring and other US foreign policy failures (i.e. - nation building) in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Africa, and Myanmar have more or less put this theory to bed. 

33 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

General trend in the West is moving away from the center (because those politicians are owned by neoconservative and neoliberal globalists who have ignored how the working class has been hollowed out by globalist policies). France's first round of national elections was tonight, and Macron's party is taking big losses. His centrist party is going to be in third place, behind Popular Front (a leftist movement) and Le Pen's National Rally (who may get an outright majority). 

This trend has been happening for a decade. The second round of voting had been enough in the past to prevent Le Pen, a nationalist, from winning the presidency. Next year might be her year.

I don't see the trend reversing until we have ourselves another world war. 

Maybe we'll luck out and it'll spring up a third party. And then more