THE BROWNS BOARD

189 day's till The Browns kick★off ... the regular ♠︎ season.

syd

1 hour ago, syd said:

Reds just  beat the yankees 5-4 and i see The Tribe won by 1 run also

The TRIBE  won by +1 to the  -31 GB  last place Chicago WSX ..... but someone has to be  1st and 5th.

HEY .... If any of you  BROWNS'  FANS  out there want to join in the  annual  number      ★  COUNTDOWN  TO  THE  KICK ★  OFF    don't wait  just    ▪︎  kick-in  ▪︎    and grab a few numbers !

....  AND  also  remember  to.   - GO BROWNS - !

9 hours ago, syd said:

why  would you  put a picture of a ex steeler here ?

How many TD’s did this Youngstown native score for the Steelers?

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Facebook.  <--▪︎. NICE CHOICE !

Hey Fan1  ....  a real nice break from this  CSX 8   CLE 2 game.   I RECOMMEND IT !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, syd said:

top of 9

REDS 3 yanks 2

REDS Won

Before you read it elseware  The WSX 8   CLE 2,  final score.  Rubber match  SUNDAY  7/4/24  -at- 1:10 pm.   Tied (1-1).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Before you read it elseware  The WSX 8   CLE 2,  final score.  Rubber match  SUNDAY  7/4/24  -at- 1:10 pm.   Tied (1-1).

Reds Closer bottom of the 9th in the last 2 games, Tossed 22 pitches for 6 outs to secure the series, But hey, Go Tribe

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mike Baab wore #61... that's Austin Pasztor I think

Ok, I wasn't sure. Did Steve Everitt wear #61 too?

5 hours ago, syd said:

who wore # 60 ?

Well Otto Graham started his career wearing it, and Bill Willis ended his career wearing a it, plus Al 'Bubba' Baker. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:09 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Well Otto Graham started his career wearing it, and Bill Willis ended his career wearing a it, plus Al 'Bubba' Baker. 

Bob Babich as well.

2 hours ago, syd said:

Tank days to go

Cleveland Browns v Pittsburgh Steelers

headed to the coast for awhile to get out of this hot ass city,have fun

Have fun. 

Charlie Hall #59 needs some love too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Have fun. 

Charlie Hall #59 needs some love too.

Yes indeed Bob!  Do you remember who else wore #59?   

Mike Johnson, who played LBer for the Browns from 1986 to 1993. In 1989 the Browns Defense transitioned from a 3-4 to a 4-3.  Consequently, Johnson returned to his comfort zone in the middle that he previously enjoyed at Va Tech and the USFL.  More specifically, Mike played the Mike in 1989.  He also made his 1st of 2 consecutive Pro Bowls and was named All Pro that same year coincidentally.  In my lifetime as a Browns fan, I clearly missed a lot of elite football before I got out of diapers.  That said, I was delighted to watch this 6'1" 225lb MLB show people the size of the fight and hunt in the dawg mattered more than a prototypical frame. He brought a "breaking necks and cashing checks" mentality to the D. Just to put that in perspective - at that time Kevin Mack weighed somewhere between 235 and 240lbs while Byner was about 215 lbs.  The AFC Central had a lot of big/strong, physical backs running behind some very good offensive lines throughout the 80s and 90s.  I have to say Mike Johnson and Clay Matthews were my 2 favorite LBers. That said, I loved watching Pepper Johnson and Carl Banks join us in time help make this a playoff caliber defense here while they were punctuating proud careers.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yes indeed Bob!  Do you remember who else wore #59?   

Mike Johnson, who played LBer for the Browns from 1986 to 1993. In 1989 the Browns Defense transitioned from a 3-4 to a 4-3.  Consequently, Johnson returned to his comfort zone in the middle that he previously enjoyed at Va Tech and the USFL.  More specifically, Mike played the Mike in 1989.  He also made his 1st of 2 consecutive Pro Bowls and was named All Pro that same year coincidentally.  In my lifetime as a Browns fan, I clearly missed a lot of elite football before I got out of diapers.  That said, I was delighted to watch this 6'1" 225lb MLB show people the size of the fight and hunt in the dawg mattered more than a prototypical frame. He brought a "breaking necks and cashing checks" mentality to the D. Just to put that in perspective - at that time Kevin Mack weighed somewhere between 235 and 240lbs while Byner was about 215 lbs.  The AFC Central had a lot of big/strong, physical backs running behind some very good offensive lines throughout the 80s and 90s.  I have to say Mike Johnson and Clay Matthews were my 2 favorite LBers. That said, I loved watching Pepper Johnson and Carl Banks join us in time help make this a playoff caliber defense here while they were punctuating proud careers.

Yes! Mike Johnson.

Probably the last time the Browns had a fantastic LB core. 

The game has evolved so much, there's so much emphasis on passing that now you need 5-6 good DBs instead of 3-4 good LBs.

I love JOK but really wish we had that thug LB that can stuff the run, cover in passing situations, & more importantly knock the ball carrier off his a$$😁

• Upvote 2