THE BROWNS BOARD

OMG, -another- shooting rampage...in Maine

calfoxwc

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/10/25/update-multiple-casualties-in-maine-mass-shooting-n2165563

It's sickening every time this happens. and the anti-gun twerks will be at it again, to happily make a political win out of a violent tragedy.

They will wail about innocent lives lost, but they do NOT give a crap about all those who have died by other murderous maneuvers.

9/11, Trade Center, etc.

They will attack all gun owners again. I hate this. It isn't a solution to anything. Outlaw guns and he would make a bomb, or rampage in a car or cement truck, or poison a town's water supply or.....

But this murderer, is apparently on the run so far, is a military guy, instructor with guns.....

and he has been under a psychiatrist's care. Apparently for threats to shoot up a National Guard base or something like that. He has heard voices in his head. I suppose he is on medication to keep him sane? like several young shooters in high schools etc?

The serious question is - how did this person stay on the streets/still not be reported as dangerous to himself/others ???

Being a veteran is NOT a common thread to these horrific hellish shootings. And guns are not a common thread to murders and insane people acting out in violence.

But there are questions that need to be seriously applied here:

Why is it that some psychiatric drugs can have violent side affects? and this keeps being ignored by the left?

Why is it, that so many threats and acting out by murderers gets covered up and never reported ?

A common thread has been - psychiatric care and drug treatment. Another common thread - privacy act - kids in hs who were way off their rocker - were covered by the obaMao regime - keeping young people from suffering serious consequences for their actions. Like Parkland.

Red flag laws - these are seriously VALID....unless they are vague and leave the law to be used falsely as a domestic/political weapon that can be abused against innocent gun owners.

Maine has one. 2019.

https://www.wmtw.com/article/alternative-red-flag-bill-passed-by-senate-3/28110064

So, why was this individual not reported?

Why did the psychiatrist not report him? Heard voices in his head? Under a psychiatrists care? Made dire threats of shooting up a place/places ?

same with Parkland - troubled behavior covered up.

Dec 23, 2017Published Dec. 23, 2017 Updated Dec. 23, 2017, 11:48 a.m. ET REUTERS Since President Barack Obama pressured educators to adopt a new code of conduct making it harder to suspend or
    This is sickening. Serious investigations need to be started on these acts of hideous violence. Using a gun  - the left knee jerks again against all maybe....280 MILLION gun owners in America, instead of looking at legitimately trying to keep these individual horrors from happeniing. Enough with the leftwing political garbage attacks on our 2nd Amendment. Our God-give rights to protect ourselves is not the problem.
  The problem is mentally warped people who act out in violence, all too often with a gun.

btw, this includes investigation into the left's demand to legalize all drugs.
Recently, an off duty pilot took hallucinogenic mushrooms and tried to shut an airliner's engines off.

The point I'm making is similar to this article's sentiment:

The Common Thread Binding These Mass Murderers
Hint: It’s not political ideology.

52 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Mental illness is the culprit again…

he was on their radar again…

Yeah I know hammer... Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And nuts with guns are killing lots of people, more and more frequently over the last decade or so. 

Have you hugged your AR-15 today?  😉

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah I know hammer... Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And nuts with guns are killing lots of people, more and more frequently over the last decade or so. 

Have you hugged your AR-15 today?  😉

You seem to have a fetish with AR’s.

Why wouldn’t you choose one of the many alternatives?

IMG_4712.jpeg

How do we fix this. Do away with ALL gun laws. Give every person a gun, man woman and child, convicts, EVERYONE, and sit back and enjoy the show. 

And when the bodies start to pile up on the streets and stench of death becomes too much, maybe people will actually try to do something about it.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

How do we fix this. Do away with ALL gun laws. Give every person a gun, man woman and child, convicts, EVERYONE, and sit back and enjoy the show. 

And when the bodies start to pile up on the streets and stench of death becomes too much, maybe people will actually try to do something about it.

Probably a ton of guns on your street, more than you know and how many bodies have piled up so far?

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Kinda like Abortion but you and hooorta tend to ignore that! Abortion kills millions a year...

Maybe the one or ones that could have fixed the gun problem were Aborted!

• Upvote 2

I went to Maine over the summer. My first time there, neat place. Went to Rockland. The LAND of ROCK.

I was impressed with Maine. Beautiful place and really cool people. They all stop at crosswalks.

Like if they’re driving, and you’re walking, and you square your shoulders like you’re going to cross the street, they stop. It’s pretty cool. 

No one seems to be in a hurry there either. I’m most surprised something like this could happen there. Very sad. 

• Upvote 1

This is never going to be solved. Partly because this is an animal that they don't fully understand. Every mass shooter is different, has different motives and different mindsets. There are thousands upon thousands of potential mass shooters out there that already have the weapons they need. This is something that is going to take generations to solve.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Neo said:

This is never going to be solved. Partly because this is an animal that they don't fully understand. Every mass shooter is different, has different motives and different mindsets. There are thousands upon thousands of potential mass shooters out there that already have the weapons they need. This is something that is going to take generations to solve.

Try by starting to come back to reality men can't be women, women can't be men...men can't get pregnant.

Stop talking about sex to preschoolers, keep drag Queens out of schools!

22 hours ago, Jax said:

I'm about to order more 30 round magazines for mine if it makes you feel better.

Why not order up a few 100 round drum magazines while you're at it if you can still find them?  They'd be great for taking down a herd of buffalo or elk.  :D  

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"there's nothing we can do" says the only country where this regularly happens 

Exactly Woody. It's the NRA approach, just throw up your hands and yell "THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO!!!"  And it's sort of true. Even if there was an immediate ban on the sale of AR-15s and their cousins, there's tens of millions of them already out there. I'm not buying the solution to gun violence is for more of the populace to arm themselves. This isn't the Wild West Tombstone Territory for God's sake. 

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Flag laws and mental competency hasn't helped much. IIRC one of the mass shooters had no criminal record, and the neighbors thought he was Mr. Goody Two Shoes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Try by starting to come back to reality men can't be women, women can't be men...men can't get pregnant.

Stop talking about sex to preschoolers, keep drag Queens out of schools!

And that has exactly what to do with mass shootings Vambo?  

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Why not order up a few 100 round drum magazines while you're at it if you can still find them?  They'd be great for taking down a herd of buffalo or elk.  :D  

Guns sole purpose is not just for hunting.

I personally don't need 100 rd drums however I don't fault anyone that does.

4 minutes ago, Jax said:

So in Mr. Johnson's opinion, what this country needs is for everyone to have a come to Jesus moment. 😉

And if we ban guns, people will just use their cars as deadly weapons. Maybe he forgot that sort of thing has already happened right here in the good old USA.  :)  

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So in Mr. Johnson's opinion, what this country needs is for everyone to have a come to Jesus moment. 😉

And if we ban guns, people will just use their cars as deadly weapons. Maybe he forgot that sort of thing has already happened right here in the good old USA.  :)  

Look you have guns and you like to go hunting. Not because you need the food but because in some sick fucked up way you like to hurt living creatures. I realize it's pretty widespread hobby. But regardless of my snark only a comprehensive and strict across the board ban will make any difference.

There were laws in place in Maine that weren't followed so who cares about more laws? Either man up and support the ban or stfu. It really is as simple as that.

Holding people accountable for actual acts of evil isn't in the Democrat Party playbook. And since you have decided to toe that line..

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That's speaker Johnson.

• Upvote 1

Nope.

Is 7.62x39mm AMMUNITION ACCURATE?

I think the first thing that we need to do is to dispel the longstanding opinion that 7.62x39mm ammunition is not accurate. That is simply not the truth. The first thing that non-fans of the 7.62x39mm will state to start their argument of the inaccuracy of the round is that the round does not have a flat trajectory. I'm not going to argue with that too much for now. It actually depends on the load. And depending upon that load, by the time it reaches the 250-yard range, the bullet may drop 8 plus inches. Usually not great for a factory load, past 300 yards, it's okay. It was never actually ever meant to be used as a long-range cartridge. That doesn't mean that it won't travel beyond 300 yards, it simply means that it has lost some velocity at that range and may not penetrate with the same punch as it does at closer ranges. Substituting accurate range past 300 yards, you will get a round that has light recoil and the ability to deliver an accurate and powerful punch to its target within 250 yards or so, and that's not bad for this larger round. The 7.62x39mm round actually has very similar ballistics to a 30-30 Winchester round. 7.62x39mm's have around eighty percent of the energy of a 30-30 round upon leaving the muzzle. It also has a comparable trajectory.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/news/general/what-kind-of-ammo-does-the-ak-47-use/

The .223 round used in ARs has the same diameter as a .22, but packs more punch with more lead.

44 minutes ago, Jax said:

Nope.

Is 7.62x39mm AMMUNITION ACCURATE?

I think the first thing that we need to do is to dispel the longstanding opinion that 7.62x39mm ammunition is not accurate. That is simply not the truth. The first thing that non-fans of the 7.62x39mm will state to start their argument of the inaccuracy of the round is that the round does not have a flat trajectory. I'm not going to argue with that too much for now. It actually depends on the load. And depending upon that load, by the time it reaches the 250-yard range, the bullet may drop 8 plus inches. Usually not great for a factory load, past 300 yards, it's okay. It was never actually ever meant to be used as a long-range cartridge. That doesn't mean that it won't travel beyond 300 yards, it simply means that it has lost some velocity at that range and may not penetrate with the same punch as it does at closer ranges. Substituting accurate range past 300 yards, you will get a round that has light recoil and the ability to deliver an accurate and powerful punch to its target within 250 yards or so, and that's not bad for this larger round. The 7.62x39mm round actually has very similar ballistics to a 30-30 Winchester round. 7.62x39mm's have around eighty percent of the energy of a 30-30 round upon leaving the muzzle. It also has a comparable trajectory.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/news/general/what-kind-of-ammo-does-the-ak-47-use/

The .223 round used in ARs has the same diameter as a .22, but packs more punch with more lead.

Military uses 5.56 NATO rounds.  They tumble and blow the fuck out of what they hit.  AK uses as above.