THE BROWNS BOARD

Do I feel bad about the ticky tack foul.........

Neo

11 hours ago, syd said:

nfl for some reason wanted to put a emphasis on that and wills was damn close. never should have been called

If we can ever get this former 10th pick overall to play like more than the 1st syllable of asset - we can get off our acid reflux meds on Sundays.   I'm not asking for much here - I'll take how he played as a rookie showing promise...

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

If we can ever get this former 10th pick overall to play like more than the 1st syllable of asset - we can get off our acid reflux meds on Sundays.   I'm not asking for much here - I'll take how he played as a rookie showing promise...

I can’t recall the scouting report on him…I know we had a major need at that spot there were four lineman deemed draftable in the first round.  Wirfs was smaller I recall for the position, I loved his wrestling Background.  Thomas was most polished I believe.  I don’t like reaching in the first because of need I especially hate reaching for offensive lineman.    

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I can’t recall the scouting report on him…I know we had a major need at that spot there were four lineman deemed draftable in the first round.  Wirfs was smaller I recall for the position, I loved his wrestling Background.  Thomas was most polished I believe.  I don’t like reaching in the first because of need I especially hate reaching for offensive lineman.    

I hear ya.    HOF LT Joe Thomas spoiled us for 10 years with elite performance.  The sad thing was the Browns could never find a good enough QB during that span to make any of that matter.  The best record we had in that period was 10-6 during his rookie year; and of course it's the Browns - so 10-6 didn't make the playoffs that year.