THE BROWNS BOARD

Hang in there, folks

calfoxwc

I'll be watching a lot of the news on TV - it will be some days before I can sit at this computer - having my other knee replaced. I'll be bionic on both sides.

Watching the glaring move on iran - giving them the 6 billion? for hostages?

Everyone wants hostages to come home. Word has it, that one of them is STAYING IN IRAN ?

By hook or crook, that money will fund nuke development, (iran stopped all UN inspectors at nuke sites), will help fund arms to russia so they can commit more genocide and war crimes and devastation on Ukraine and it's people....

and it will be only a matter of time til iran blows something up precious to Americans, and starts taking hostages again.

Meanwhile, the UN is a hapless, worthless to world peace organization.

This iran move is all about politics, as always. biden has made a laughingstock of us to our enemies.

The heartbreak of his immediate political escape from afghanistan, leaving behind all those who worked with us, 13 of our finest Soldiers who were murdered by a suspected suicide bomber this cowardly gov would NOT approve stopping, and the incredible amount of our best equipment giving to the taliban.

what in the hell ? biden is so corrupt he was blackmailed by china?

Iran intends to own all oil production and sales in the entire Arabic world....along with russia.

The only way is war for them. Russia went to war with one of those countries on their border- to stop their pipeline because it would be competition. It's a desperate attempt to keep funding their failed corrupt economic system.

oh, and three weeks ago, we had a scare at 1:30 AM on a weekend. We were alerted that someone was near our front door. We had been working diligently on another hard as hell jig saw puzzle. I had my gun, etc etc protocols, and was expecting trouble. Maybe a home invasion, who knows anymore?

I never saw anyone after several minutes, and my Wife was laughing. Turned out, a big bug was crawling across the lens of the ring camera and that set it off.

So, Thank God for our 2nd Amendment anyways.

While I'm using a walker, it's good to know she's a real good shot.

We were in WV before we were married, taking a trip to visit a relative, and we went up the mountain

in their pickup truck. At the top, I asked her if she'd like me to teach her to shoot, she said sure.

So, I went through my safety speech and taught her to shoot. So, she tried, and immediately nailed all 8 cans I had set up on a log. She grinned and said "I had a boyfriend and we worked at a local gun shop".

Oh yeah, that was great. lol.

And years ago, we were on a cruise, with a large group of friends...years after being wed, and on the back of the cruise ship they had an event where you can sign up and shoot clay pigeons off the back of the ship. She signed up for it. When it was her turn, some fellas below the upper landing where I was at, were betting each other ten or twenty bucks that that girl doesn't hit even one.

I said them " hey fellas, you may want to save your money". They grinned and asked if she was my wife. So, they cancelled their bets.

Sure enough, she nailed every single one of those clay pigeons. She got a huge applause, and those guys were laughing and thanked me.

So, Thank God for our 2nd Amendment because I'll be using a walker for about a week or two, we're still good.

I am now drinking their prescription Ensure strawberry carbohydrate drink before going.

Not too bad. I wonder what it's like to have two good knees - I've thought about that many times.

Don't y'all let war break out, I'll be gimping around with a walker for a week or two....

I wonder how soon I can go back to high school and be a rb for just one game. I can't wait to ask my surgeon that

this morning....... I know I plan on going fishing this weekend in our canoe, if I can talk him into it.... lol

Take care.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:22 AM, calfoxwc said:

I am now drinking their prescription Ensure strawberry carbohydrate drink before going.

Not too bad. I wonder what it's like to have two good knees - I've thought about that many times.

Don't y'all let war break out, I'll be gimping around with a walker for a week or two....

I wonder how soon I can go back to high school and be a rb for just one game. I can't wait to ask my surgeon that

this morning....... I know I plan on going fishing this weekend in our canoe, if I can talk him into it.... lol

Take care.

• Sad 1

Well, I'm back ! have a new knee !

The health care folks in the hospital - were

so wonderful ,too - I believe you can't go anywhere in the world and have people be better to you than the folks who took care of me.

Started physical therapy Mon - it will be hell, lol, for some weeks. I will have to use a walker for

a few weeks....but I get around ok.  Had a beautiful private room - and nurses etc who were world class, I believe.

A lot of pain, if I sleep in my chair and don't take my pain pill on time. That is mean pain right there.

The morning after my surgery, they get you up and you sit in a chair and watch tv. And you to the bathroom with your

iv pole buddy. Which, has a nurse guiding it. My surgery was robot assisted - it cuts the time down on the surgery, and is extremely precise. The surgeon said my knee was much worse than the xrays and CAT scan showed.

Can't wait to walk in our woods again, fish in the canoe.

The first night, I watched tv the entire night, til dawn. Had to quit on fox news - it was depressing. My occupation therapist gals were big Browns fans, and they can't stand the trade for that qb. I agreed with them. they were adorable, and helped me a lot.

A lot less pain than the first knee - but it's been eight years so I probably just forgot. I am in much better shape this time.

Take care everybody. There's a bad moon risin if we can't change the direction our coutnry is going in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3