THE BROWNS BOARD

★ New members ★

Westside Steve

I guess I've been a member for a while and only found out when I tried to create an account and was notified that my e-mail was already on file. A little about myself, I live in the Columbus area. I'm a huge OSU fan and I also root for ND. I've been a Browns fan since Blanton Collier(1968) was head coach, Indians fan since 1968 and Cavs fan since their very beginning. I'm a long time Browns season ticket holder and hope to hang around long enough to at least witness the Browns in the SB. I've witnessed 5 NFL/AFC championships but all of those came in my first 20 years of fandom. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Katfan4ever said:

I guess I've been a member for a while and only found out when I tried to create an account and was notified that my e-mail was already on file. A little about myself, I live in the Columbus area. I'm a huge OSU fan and I also root for ND. I've been a Browns fan since Blanton Collier(1968) was head coach, Indians fan since 1968 and Cavs fan since their very beginning. I'm a long time Browns season ticket holder and hope to hang around long enough to at least witness the Browns in the SB. I've witnessed 5 NFL/AFC championships but all of those came in my first 20 years of fandom. 

Thanks for chiming in Katfan! Go Browns!

• 3 months later...

[ HEY NEW MEMBERS !  ]

For all you new members  STOP BY !  :)  AND JUST SAY HI       Let us know a little about you, your favorite stuff and such.    

🏈       THE BROWNS BOARD        🏈

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I'm not a member yet but I've registered and I hope I will be soon. I'm not sure if this actually publishes otherwise but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I wasn't a big sports fan growing up and have been trying to get more into it as an adult. I've wanted to follow NFL for a while which can be a challenge because I live and work in Korea. But this year I decided I'm going for it. I'm learning slowly so I hope some fans will be patient with me, I'm very excited to get into the sport. When it came to picking a team to follow I didn't have much to go on - I didn't have the histroy with football a lot of you probably do. But I lived in Ohio from the ages of 7 to 11 and they were the happiest times of my childhood. I get weepy eyed when I see a Meijer. This was also though in the dark times... 95-99... So I'm sure many of you will know why I didn't get indoctrinated into Brown-ism then... I actually only learned about all that today and I can't imagine what it must have been like. I got emotional myself seeing old footage of fans at that last 95 game. I like under dogs, who doesn't? And one of the things that attracts me to football is the NFL season represents a transition to my favorite part of the year - the colder months. Pre-season in august tells me we won't suffer in the heat much longer. The Browns colors reminds me of the autumn leaves, sweaters and jackets, warm drinks, holidays. Its a comforting sight and football itself reminds me of home even though I didn't get into it that much when I lived there. I am an American, and its always been a part of my zeitgeist if I engaged in it directly or not. Some of these reasons may seem silly, or arbitrary, and I don't pretend to be equal to those who have been with this team forever - but I'm excited to give my support and learn the game through the Clevland Browns. Better late than never!

I was also realy excited to find this site. I hate reddit but really wanted to find a community to learn the game from a support the team with. So thank you, all those who keep the old net style message board afloat.

On 8/10/2024 at 10:49 AM, Orange_Ranger said:

I'm not a member yet but I've registered and I hope I will be soon. I'm not sure if this actually publishes otherwise but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I wasn't a big sports fan growing up and have been trying to get more into it as an adult. I've wanted to follow NFL for a while which can be a challenge because I live and work in Korea. But this year I decided I'm going for it. I'm learning slowly so I hope some fans will be patient with me, I'm very excited to get into the sport. When it came to picking a team to follow I didn't have much to go on - I didn't have the histroy with football a lot of you probably do. But I lived in Ohio from the ages of 7 to 11 and they were the happiest times of my childhood. I get weepy eyed when I see a Meijer. This was also though in the dark times... 95-99... So I'm sure many of you will know why I didn't get indoctrinated into Brown-ism then... I actually only learned about all that today and I can't imagine what it must have been like. I got emotional myself seeing old footage of fans at that last 95 game. I like under dogs, who doesn't? And one of the things that attracts me to football is the NFL season represents a transition to my favorite part of the year - the colder months. Pre-season in august tells me we won't suffer in the heat much longer. The Browns colors reminds me of the autumn leaves, sweaters and jackets, warm drinks, holidays. Its a comforting sight and football itself reminds me of home even though I didn't get into it that much when I lived there. I am an American, and its always been a part of my zeitgeist if I engaged in it directly or not. Some of these reasons may seem silly, or arbitrary, and I don't pretend to be equal to those who have been with this team forever - but I'm excited to give my support and learn the game through the Clevland Browns. Better late than never!

I was also realy excited to find this site. I hate reddit but really wanted to find a community to learn the game from a support the team with. So thank you, all those who keep the old net style message board afloat.

Well you are a member now. Welcome aboard.

WSS 

• Like 2

Hey there  Orange_Ranger. ....   welcome to  TBB !     Hope to see you around the boards soon.    mjp (most used) or  mjp28. or Michael.   

And. ...    GO BROWNS !

• Like 1

Welcome to the board Orange Ranger! I gotta admit l’m curious about life in Korea, feel free drop some informational nuggets on that, like the pros and cons of living there. I’m a big fan of the food. I read a journal a while back about a former MLB pitcher who moved there to play ball. The thing that sticks out is he said they eat fish for breakfast.

Is K Pop still a thing? A few years ago l dated a gal whose daughter was ate up over BTS. I gotta admit they were talented dudes. 

Yeah, the late 90s was a low point for us Browns fans. But back in the saddle again!

Your handle and avatar totally reminded me of this, a shreddier version of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song. I’m more of a Voltron guy myself.

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 3:51 PM, mjp28 said:

[ HEY NEW MEMBERS !  ]

For all you new members  STOP BY !  :)  AND JUST SAY HI       Let us know a little about you, your favorite stuff and such.    

🏈       THE BROWNS BOARD        🏈

~  AND  ~  a reminder to you  "NEW MEMBERS"   and the  "NOT SO NEW MEMBERS"   to stop by once in awhile to just say  .....  HI !   :D   mjp.

And. ....    GO BROWNS !

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Welcome to the board Orange Ranger! I gotta admit l’m curious about life in Korea, feel free drop some informational nuggets on that, like the pros and cons of living there. I’m a big fan of the food. I read a journal a while back about a former MLB pitcher who moved there to play ball. The thing that sticks out is he said they eat fish for breakfast.

Is K Pop still a thing? A few years ago l dated a gal whose daughter was ate up over BTS. I gotta admit they were talented dudes. 

Yeah, the late 90s was a low point for us Browns fans. But back in the saddle again!

Your handle and avatar totally reminded me of this, a shreddier version of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song. I’m more of a Voltron guy myself.

Awesome. Love that theme. Fun story I once was messing around with my friend from out of town talking about just nostaglic stuff and played the original full version and then we went hiking but I somehow didn't realize I had that song playing on a loop and my speaker had fallen when my door slammed shut and so my downstairs neighbor was having power rangers pumped through his vents for about 6 hours.

I haven't eaten much fish for breakfast but then I don't eat breakfast much at all. There are lots of fish dishes. Grilled eel here is my favorite. K-Pop deffiitely still a thing though I'm more into the smaller rock scene with bands like National Pigeon Unity, Walking After U, and Guckkasten. Hit me up about being out here anytime, I've been here close to a decade.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

Got a little ugly on the Colts forum during game week for the Colts vs. Packers game Sunday. They can't handle the truth.

Screenshot_20240913-1452492.thumb.png.668e0ba5fa28a87e7a62fa25f5f932f7.png

Don't bother going over there, they have already removed all my posts. All were perfectly fine. But they are just worried about the Pack winning with a backup QB. They don't want none of this.

I want my welcome here now.😉

1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Got a little ugly on the Colts forum during game week for the Colts vs. Packers game Sunday. They can't handle the truth.

Don't bother going over there, they have already removed all my posts. All were perfectly fine. But they are just worried about the Pack winning with a backup QB. They don't want none of this.

Welcome to the BB PackerNation! 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Hey look at me, I got banned....Pathetic

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Hats off to your Packers. Back up QB seemed to acquit himself. Conservative showing, only 14 passing attempts? But made 12? 

Looks like a good coaching approach and a helluva ground game to get it done.

And hats off to your Browns as well. I have not watched the Browns game yet, but was happy to see you guys got the dub.

Yes, Malik did a nice job. He did what he needed to do. When the Pack rushes for 261 yards, the QB only has throw 14 balls. He did make 2 real nice throws on plays we needed to have.

Hopefully J-Love is back this week, we will know soon. Now we at least know we have a decent enough backup, that the moment isn't too big for, if he ever needs to be called on again.

• Upvote 1