THE BROWNS BOARD

woody's Utopia New York approves Con Edison’s gas, electric rate increase to transition away from fossil fuels

Vambo

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/ny-bracing-gas-electric-bill-shock-green-push-aware-burden-con-ed

Con Ed media relations director Jamie McShane told Fox News Digital.

"We're very aware [of] the burden that this puts on customers who are struggling to pay their bills," he continued.

Last week, the energy company announced that the state had approved its plan to raise customer rates and acquire more than $11 billion by 2025 to fund initiatives contributing to New York’s clean energy goals.

I don't have a problem with updating our infrastructures, especially electric.

I just don't think we're in a position to do it on any kind of massive scale until we make better advancements in technology.

From the way we produce energy to carrying and delivering it to what and how things are being powered.

On the other hand, people pay $300/month or more for electricity? I think our 1st step is to make it affordable by reducing the costs it takes to produce and deliver it before pillaging the people. Also, did they share their exact plans and provide complete transparency of where the money is being spent? How are they going to reach their goals and what are their goals? They must know in exact detail if they already have the rate adjustment and dollar cost.

I don't believe in man made climate change, at least not the way politicians try to use it to stuff their pockets or control the masses, but I do believe in updating and advancing our technologies and being environmentally friendly is one of the good reasons. These things take time and should be done methodically, the only reason to rush this, and risk blundering everything, is because they want to abuse it while certain people are still in power, be it gov't or business.

25 minutes ago, Jax said:

I don't believe in man made climate change, at least not the way politicians try to use it to stuff their pockets or control the masses, but I do believe in updating and advancing our technologies and being environmentally friendly is one of the good reasons. These things take time and should be done methodically, the only reason to rush this, and risk blundering everything, is because they want to abuse it while certain people are still in power, be it gov't or business.

I agree, I personally believe that the earth has warmed and cooled for eons (and there’s scientific proof of this).

However, if we can do things more environmentally friendly…I’m all for it.

7 hours ago, Jax said:

I don't have a problem with updating our infrastructures, especially electric.

I just don't think we're in a position to do it on any kind of massive scale until we make better advancements in technology.

From the way we produce energy to carrying and delivering it to what and how things are being powered.

On the other hand, people pay $300/month or more for electricity? I think our 1st step is to make it affordable by reducing the costs it takes to produce and deliver it before pillaging the people. Also, did they share their exact plans and provide complete transparency of where the money is being spent? How are they going to reach their goals and what are their goals? They must know in exact detail if they already have the rate adjustment and dollar cost.

YEP. The left wants to equate their man made global warming crisis nonsense - with a cleaner environment. I'm an avid outdoorsman. Hunting, fishing, hiking, canoeing, sightseeing. I want a non-polluted envronment. But that isn't the left's goal.

• Upvote 1