THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is this happening more and more under the current resident Joe Biden?

Vambo

Seems you all missed the point. Shocker. 

Drugs are illegal, yet they're everywhere. We spend an insane amount of money trying to fight the "war on drugs", but it isn't working. Your early statements agree with this as you said you can get them anywhere. 

If all of that is true, why keep them illegal? Why waste the resources?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Seems you all missed the point. Shocker. 

Drugs are illegal, yet they're everywhere. We spend an insane amount of money trying to fight the "war on drugs", but it isn't working. Your early statements agree with this as you said you can get them anywhere. 

If all of that is true, why keep them illegal? Why waste the resources?

No, you missed the point. Shocker.

It's the drugs/ gun analogy that went over your head. 

Replace "drugs" with "guns" in your statement, perhaps you'll have an "aha moment"

57 minutes ago, FY56 said:

No, you missed the point. Shocker.

It's the drugs/ gun analogy that went over your head. 

Replace "drugs" with "guns" in your statement, perhaps you'll have an "aha moment"

No shit that's what you are all attempting to do. It's very, very obvious. None of you. Are that clever. 

But is anyone going to answer my question? Let's start there...

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No shit that's what you are all attempting to do. It's very, very obvious. None of you. Are that clever. 

But is anyone going to answer my question? Let's start there...

Man you're stupid.

Making drugs illegal did not get rid of drugs.

You want to get rid of guns.

Making guns illegal will not get rid of guns.

Get it now???

I don't know how much simpler I can make it.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think the answer is am I up for blocking military appointments because the military is offering ways around the state's abortion law? No but not a resounding no. Ain't my issue. Seems like it means more to some people than others. So unless it's just lip service I at least understand it. Probably a lot of issues that would piss folks off if somebody else went to another state to skirt the law. Who knows.

You okay with that answer?

WSS 

Steve you may be in the wrong thread. The military appointments thing is in the Tuberville thread.

2 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Man you're stupid.

Making drugs illegal did not get rid of drugs.

You want to get rid of guns.

Making guns illegal will not get rid of guns.

Get it now???

I don't know how much simpler I can make it.

You still haven't answered the question 

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

No. Not protected by the Constitution.

Happy now?

So ignoring what works and what doesn't, ignoring what resources are being expensed, etc, you're just deferring to the constitution?

Essentially you think drugs should be illegal because they're illegal...

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So ignoring what works and what doesn't, ignoring what resources are being expensed, etc, you're just deferring to the constitution?

Essentially you think drugs should be illegal because they're illegal...

I need clarification on what you believe works and what doesn't before I can ignore it.  Explain.

So there would be zero resources expensed in the war on guns?

No, I do not think drugs should be illegal just because they're illegal.

9 hours ago, Jax said:

If you have a degree I'd get a refund.

Well there are certainly some fields in which a degree would prepare you for. Probably a lot of them an apprenticeship would be more valuable.

I would bet also that in any degree program there are a lot of courses designed to drive up the price and increase the school's profit.

WSS

18 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

IMG_4466.jpeg

I'd have to look for it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if we excluded gun violence statistics from places like Chicago, we would be on par with other developed countries in terms of gun violence.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, FY56 said:

I need clarification on what you believe works and what doesn't before I can ignore it.  Explain.

So there would be zero resources expensed in the war on guns?

No, I do not think drugs should be illegal just because they're illegal.

Then why do you think drugs should be illegal? Why should we continue spending a ton of resources on our way llr on drugs?

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Then why do you think drugs should be illegal? Why should we continue spending a ton of resources on our way llr on drugs?

I wonder what percentage of the population would spend most of their time in places similar to Opium dens if they were legal and open to the public and probably taxpayer subsidized?

WSS

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

I'd have to look for it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if we excluded gun violence statistics from places like Chicago, we would be on par with other developed countries in terms of gun violence.

The irony of it all is when they use that old battle cry “black lives matter”.

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Speaking of ignoring, you ignored my first two questions and went straight to the one you thought could entrap me.

I'll just go ahead and accommodate you, but rather than try and explain it myself, I'll let the DOJ do the explaining. They did a pretty good job.

This may help you not to look at things so superficially.

This chapter presents arguments against the legalization of drugs.
Abstract
The philosophic argument is that, in a free society, adults should be permitted to do whatever they please, provided they are prepared to take the consequences of their choices and that they cause no direct harm to others, However, the consumption of drugs reduces individuals' freedom by circumscribing their range of interests, impairing their ability to pursue more important human aims, such as raising a family and fulfilling civic obligations. It often impairs their ability to pursue gainful employment and promotes parasitism. The pragmatic argument in favor of legalizing drugs is based on the belief that the criminal activity surrounding distribution of drugs is caused by their prohibition. However, the idea behind crime, of getting richer quickly and without much effort, is unlikely to disappear once drugs are freely available. And it may be that officially sanctioning antisocial behavior breeds more antisocial behavior. Once the use of a stimulant becomes culturally acceptable and normal, it can easily become so general as to have devastating social effects.

33 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Speaking of ignoring, you ignored my first two questions and went straight to the one you thought could entrap me.

I'll just go ahead and accommodate you, but rather than try and explain it myself, I'll let the DOJ do the explaining. They did a pretty good job.

Abstract
The philosophic argument is that, in a free society, adults should be permitted to do whatever they please, provided they are prepared to take the consequences of their choices and that they cause no direct harm to others, However, the consumption of drugs reduces individuals' freedom by circumscribing their range of interests, impairing their ability to pursue more important human aims, such as raising a family and fulfilling civic obligations. It often impairs their ability to pursue gainful employment and promotes parasitism. The pragmatic argument in favor of legalizing drugs is based on the belief that the criminal activity surrounding distribution of drugs is caused by their prohibition. However, the idea behind crime, of getting richer quickly and without much effort, is unlikely to disappear once drugs are freely available. And it may be that officially sanctioning antisocial behavior breeds more antisocial behavior. Once the use of a stimulant becomes culturally acceptable and normal, it can easily become so general as to have devastating social effects.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical.. I would like to see Marijuana legalized completely... I use it to combat the constant nausea I have from diabetes and the migraines and seizures I have that are leftover neurological issues stemming from a stroke... The other psychoactive drugs like Crack, Heroin and Fetynal are catastrophic to not only the brain but to people on the whole who use it... As it disrupts lives and families.. I've never seen weed make a person go nuts and attack people... Even the great scientist Carl Sagan was a user and proliferator of pot use...

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Abstract

So alcohol should be illegal then, correct? Alcohol also does all of the things described above. 

And to the paragraph above, obviously legalizing drugs wouldn't eliminate all crime. No one is saying that. But it would greatly reduce the criminal enterprises around illegal drugs, as it would be easier and legal to just buy legal drugs. 

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

At the risk of sounding hypocritical.. I would like to see Marijuana legalized completely... I use it to combat the constant nausea I have from diabetes and the migraines and seizures I have that are leftover neurological issues stemming from a stroke... The other psychoactive drugs like Crack, Heroin and Fetynal are catastrophic to not only the brain but to people on the whole who use it... As it disrupts lives and families.. I've never seen weed make a person go nuts and attack people... Even the great scientist Carl Sagan was a user and proliferator of pot use...

I share those same sentiments, but then you have the hard liners whose argument is that pot is a gateway drug to the hard ones.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

So alcohol should be illegal then, correct? Alcohol also does all of the things described above. 

And to the paragraph above, obviously legalizing drugs wouldn't eliminate all crime. No one is saying that. But it would greatly reduce the criminal enterprises around illegal drugs, as it would be easier and legal to just buy legal drugs. 

I anticipated you were going to introduce the alcohol comparison; it always rears itself in these debates. Alcohol clearly causes more social distress than pot.

Because alcohol has a lot of negativities, it doesn't justify legalizing drugs. As in two wrongs don't make a right, the legalization of drugs + alcohol wouldn't make everything OK, it would make things perhaps twice as bad. So why would anyone want to do that?

You can make the argument in support of booze in that the human body was designed to consume and process liquids, and that alcohol in moderation has health benefits protecting against such things as heart disease and diabetes. I don't believe drugs other than pot have health benefits.  Nor was the body designed to be a pin cushion. The human body has no mechanism to process drugs as far as I can tell.

As far as decreasing crime, you could be right. But the other negative social consequences of legalizing drugs mentioned in that paragraph far outweighs the decrease in criminal activity.

And if all that wasn't convincing enough...alcohol is a gift from God!! It's in the Bible, no mention of coke or heroin!

Remember Jesus turned water into wine!

Praise be God!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

July 13, 2023
Search

Progressive drug laws in cities like San Francisco are killing people

https://nypost.com/2021/10/09/progressive-drug-laws-are-killing-people-in-us-cities/

For over a decade, the city of San Francisco has been carrying out an experiment. What happens when thousands of drug addicts are not only permitted to use heroin, fentanyl and meth publicly, but also enabled to do so? The results are in: hundreds of them die annually. Last year, 712 people in San Francisco died from drug overdoses or poisoning, and this year a similar number are on track to do so. 

And cities around the country have been copying San Francisco’s approach. Partly as a result of these supposedly progressive policies, 93,000 people in the US died in 2021 from illicit drugs, a more than five-fold increase from the 17,000 people killed by illicit drugs in 2000.