THE BROWNS BOARD

The biggest thing that happen this week and you culture warriors didn't even talk about it

cccjwh

You nut jobs are more worried about rainbow flags then actual policy being sent. This set precedent for a bunch of the gerrymandering throughout the country. Mean GOP going to lost federal and state seats. But hey, go back to crying about M&Ms or whatever.

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/08/1181002182/supreme-court-voting-rights

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday stepped back from the brink of totally gutting the landmark 1965 Voting Rights Act.

By a 5-to-4 vote, a coalition of conservative and liberal justices reaffirmed the court's 1986 precedent interpreting how legislative districts must be drawn under the landmark voting rights act, as amended in 1982. The court said that in Alabama, a state where there are seven congressional seats and one in four voters is black, the Republican-dominated state legislature had denied African American voters a reasonable chance to elect a second representative of their choice.

The decision could reverberate across other states, with reconsideration of how congressional lines are drawn in areas with significant Black populations.

Chief Justice John Roberts, who authored or joined prior decisions that gutted key parts of the voting law, on Thursday wrote for the court majority to preserve the way the voting rights law has been applied for nearly 40 years in redistricting cases. He was joined by fellow conservative Brett Kavanaugh and the courts three liberal justices — Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Should election day be a national holiday like it is in so many other countries?

what does that matter when most people who vote like you do, are on WELFARE?

36 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Why would someone of welfare care if election day was a national holiday? Holiday would be for people who have a job, dumbass.

That's exactly what Cal just said? So are you making fun of Woody?

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Should election day be a national holiday like it is in so many other countries?

When I was in a union they gave it to us as a holiday. Whether it's a holiday or not, both Republican and Democrats have the same rules.

I'll take it as a holiday though, hell yeah. I never turn down a paid day off work.

So, how are they making it harder? I'm sure you can't answer because you don't have an answer and were just setting me up somehow, but I'll ask again.

3 minutes ago, Jax said:

That's exactly what Cal just said? So are you making fun of Woody?

Here let me break it down for you.

Dems want the national holiday.

GOP do not want the national holiday.

National holiday would increase the number of voters with a job that would vote.

GOP don't want to increase the number of voters with a job that would vote.

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Here let me break it down for you.

Dems want the national holiday.

GOP do not want the national holiday.

National holiday would increase the number of voters with a job that would vote.

GOP don't want to increase the number of voters with a job that would vote.

Even the GOP needs voters, but this is how we've voted forever, them not wanting a holiday is just them being assholes, it has nothing to do with them making it harder to vote.

As you and Cal pointed out, GOP only shoots themselves in the foot by not having a holiday as most Democrat voters are looking for handouts.

20 minutes ago, Jax said:

Even the GOP needs voters, but this is how we've voted forever, them not wanting a holiday is just them being assholes, it has nothing to do with them making it harder to vote. 

As you and Cal pointed out, GOP only shoots themselves in the foot by not having a holiday as most Democrat voters are looking for handouts.

It has everything to do with them wanting it to be more difficult to vote. It makes way too much common sense to make election day a holiday.  Republicans would prefer both only happen between 1-2pn on a Tuesday so the only people that vote are bussed in from retirement homes. 

Early voting, mail in voting, etc. All under attack by the GOP (plus some good ole gerrymandering)

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-race-and-ethnicity-voting-iowa-georgia-4ed9243dde80508dd99cf331bab512d6

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-have-made-it-harder-to-vote-in-11-states-so-far/

As we wrote in March, Republican state legislators — inspired by Trump’s baseless claims of voter fraud — have introduced hundreds of bills this year that would make it harder to vote. Based on the latest data from the Brennan Center for Justice and our own research, at least 404 voting-restriction bills have now been introduced in 48 state legislatures. 1 What’s more, nearly 90 percent of them were sponsored primarily or entirely by Republicans

Using the bullshit excuse of 2020 voter fraud republicans have been trying to rig the game to make it easier for them to stay in power. They want the least amount of people to vote...

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Early voting, mail in voting, etc. All under attack by the GOP (plus some good ole gerrymandering)

stupid bird. blurb out untruths like you are leftwing social media instructed to do.

Meanwhile, in REALITY LAND:

meanwhile - our VETERANS do MAIL IN VOTING YOU TWITBIRD>

the problem is, ballot harvesting, then ten people, for example,

simply fill out those ballots (want to sell your ballot for ten bucks?) -

about a thousand or so in a big city. leftwing city, that is.

Ballot harvesting is illegal mail in voting.

of course, the ignorant woodpecker won't admit it.

transmjphorrta won't admit it.

etc etc etc.

their fantasy is Pres Trump is still president and everything is his fault.

What a sick way to live.

9 hours ago, Jax said:

Well damn since your feelings tell you it's just GOP "being assholes" that must be it. 

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Yet, no answer how having the exact same rules for both parties makes it harder.

So, you think your excuse that GOP are just asshole is a real answer? So, no real answer.

"same rules"

Removing voting locations from college campuses favors which party?

Making a law to where the Sec of State (appointed by the GOP governor) can overrule local election officials. But it only applies to a single country in your state and is democratic stronghold. Favors which party?

A Texas Republican says banning college polling places is about safety. Students don’t buy it. | KUT Radio, Austin's NPR Station

Texas Passes Bills Targeting Elections in Democratic Stronghold - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

btw Did you not read the link from the Supreme Court rules that started this thread? Where the GOP in AL gerrymandered the state to screw black voters? Screwing black voters favors which party?

The Republican-dominated legislature drew new district lines that packed large numbers of Black voters into one congressional district, and then spread out the remaining Black population in other districts so that Black voters had little chance of electing a second representative of their choice in a racially polarized state.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jax said:

Yet, no answer how having the exact same rules for both parties makes it harder.

And apparently you're not actually reading any of the articles or acknowledging the dozens of laws the GOP is trying to pass

You can't even acknowledge the real reason why they don't want election day to be a holiday

Next you'll tell me the right doesn't gerrymander either.... Delusional 

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

The biggest thing that happen this week and you culture warriors didn't even talk about it

Axe once posted a Joe Rogan interview with Bob Lazar    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

who basically corroborates this with compelling info. 

I do believe this far outdoes- what this FAILED OP cccp submitted 

47 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

Axe once posted a Joe Rogan interview with Bob Lazar    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

who basically corroborates this with compelling info. 

I do believe this far outdoes- what this FAILED OP cccp submitted 

I actually believe Bob Lazar's story.. I have followed this story since his first interview with George Knapp.. His story has never changed or waivered... I feel bad for that guy and his wife/family.. I mean those UAPs are down right phenomenal.. And in some regards frightening.. I mean what physical being can absorb those astronomical forces of gravity and physics without literally being ripped and shredded at the seams... Dropping and ascending thousands of feet in like milliseconds... Crazy shit...

• Upvote 1

Everyone can still get out and vote, you guys still don't explain how it makes it harder to vote.

Repubs go to college too, they just don't show up in the news as whacked out activists that grab headlines.

If college kids have a tough time getting to a voting booth in their district then they should rename colleges daycare.

Don't act like Democrats don't gerrymander, it's all part of both parties game. Has nothing to do with making it harder to vote though. Besides, you guys seem to do just fine taking a stack of ballots and scanning it over and over to compensate.

Anyways, Lazar is a cool dude.

• Upvote 3