THE BROWNS BOARD

A little more gun control

https://www.aol.com/police-3-dead-2-wounded-231900785.html

And just for the record I have three guns a 22 pistol a brownie nine millimeter and a late 1800 shotgun which would probably blow up in my face if I fired it. I am neither good enough nor are the weapons handy enough to protect me if somebody did break into the house. I don't hunt I don't have a concealed carry even though I might feel like a big shot for having a shoulder holster. I wouldn't give a shit if every gun in America were confiscated. The key word is every.

But even the pro gun control people don't want to do that because they're afraid they will offend the scum that live in the ghetto who are responsible for probably 99% of gun violence preferring to focus on the tiny fraction of people that have scary looking assault style weapons. Why? Because that's something idiot Democrats can get their head around. Just a campaign talking point hoping to give some sort of a boost to the more on you voted into the White House.

WSS

I'm not a fan of Guns personally... But I believe in a persons right to excercise and purchase/own them.. I mean hell our own current Government wants us to have pea shooters for crying out loud.. I don't think that's fair since they are desperate to impose tyranny on and against us.. There's a reason our fore fathers worded it the way they did... But some of you dip shits can't see the forest through the trees... "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!"

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I'm not a fan of Guns personally... But I believe in a persons right to excercise and purchase/own them.. I mean hell our own current Government wants us to have pea shooters for crying out loud.. I don't think that's fair since they are desperate to impose tyranny on and against us.. There's a reason our fore fathers worded it the way they did... But some of you dip shits can't see the forest through the trees... "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!"

I go back to "Why England Slept" by JFK. The idea that "everything is going great, and always will because nothing is going seriously wrong so it won't because..." lends itself to complacency.

IOWs, too many take too much for granted. Peace - "won't end because we have peace now".  It's so simplistic - and seems enetirely emotionally based.

Most of of have insurance. That is cya in case it is needed. Home flood insurance where it never floods, fire insurance, etc etc etc.

But the left couldn't care less about peace insurance. Younger folks take everything for granted. "lol" "haha".

Times were extremely desperate for a lot of Americans during the depression. Lessons learned.

Time and time again, often, people have gone out on the streets, and interviewed people. A lot couldn't name who the VICE PRESIDENT WAS ? A lot didn't know who was fighting who in WWII ? The CIVIL WAR ??? Who we were fighting against in the Revolutionary War ???

It only takes a few seconds to find yourself in a life or death situation. I've been there. It only takes a few seconds or less to be in a crisis situation. Once as a kid in the woods, and once, in Vegas.

Many years ago, my Wonderful Wife and i were in Vegas, at night, walking under the tunnel of lights. Only a few other couples were there, too, in that big area. Some tall homeless looking man walked all the way over to us, and asked if we had any money for him - I said "sorry, man, we spent it all". Then he stepped in front of us, started to reach for his right back pocket, and said "you -have- to have something for me"..... I was moving her behind me, and was believing the worst. I felt a rush of air at my side, instantly feared I was being set up to be attacked by a co-attacker.

But the person behind me went directly to this man menacingly confronting us, and maybe five policemen, undercover surrounded him like bark on a tree. They knew his name - by God they were FAST. The first guy  identified them as Vegas police, (one of them was in shorts, uniformed with helmet on a bike) apologized to us, he was glad they were there - God bless them. Without them, who knows if I would have survived, or been injured very badly.

If they hadn't been there - if I could have had my concealed carry back then, eh?

In real life, things can happen. You are in it. Police can't get there until way too late.

Do you know, btw, the corrupt fbi WITHHELD statistics about "good guys with guns" for democrat/left wing political benefit? yep.

I've had formal training, unofficial training from an ex-special forces guy. I've studied. Have practiced every so often. I've taught friends how to be SAFE handling a gun, taught them to shoot, responsibilities in all that, etc.

To say "nobody needs a gun" is extremely tyrannical and ignorant. Especially when we have millions? of illegals flooding our border. That includes some rapists, gang members, drug cartel members, murderers, terrorists, etc along with poor, destitute people who want to get the )(*&)(* country THEY LET DETERIORATE to come here for welfare, a free ride, or maybe a low paying job.

America will never be disarmed. The Founding Fathers INSISTED that be so for good reasons. They LIVED that history.

We just need to go learn it.

getting my knee replaced in early July seems so freaking far away.....

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I go back to "Why England Slept" by JFK. The idea that "everything is going great, and always will because nothing is going seriously wrong so it won't because..." lends itself to complacency.

IOWs, too many take too much for granted. Peace - "won't end because we have peace now".  It's so simplistic - and seems enetirely emotionally based.

Most of of have insurance. That is cya in case it is needed. Home flood insurance where it never floods, fire insurance, etc etc etc.

But the left couldn't care less about peace insurance. Younger folks take everything for granted. "lol" "haha".

Times were extremely desperate for a lot of Americans during the depression. Lessons learned.

Time and time again, often, people have gone out on the streets, and interviewed people. A lot couldn't name who the VICE PRESIDENT WAS ? A lot didn't know who was fighting who in WWII ? The CIVIL WAR ??? Who we were fighting against in the Revolutionary War ???

It only takes a few seconds to find yourself in a life or death situation. I've been there. It only takes a few seconds or less to be in a crisis situation. Once as a kid in the woods, and once, in Vegas.

Many years ago, my Wonderful Wife and i were in Vegas, at night, walking under the tunnel of lights. Only a few other couples were there, too, in that big area. Some tall homeless looking man walked all the way over to us, and asked if we had any money for him - I said "sorry, man, we spent it all". Then he stepped in front of us, started to reach for his right back pocket, and said "you -have- to have something for me"..... I was moving her behind me, and was believing the worst. I felt a rush of air at my side, instantly feared I was being set up to be attacked by a co-attacker.

But the person behind me went directly to this man menacingly confronting us, and maybe five policemen, undercover surrounded him like bark on a tree. They knew his name - by God they were FAST. The first guy  identified them as Vegas police, (one of them was in shorts, uniformed with helmet on a bike) apologized to us, he was glad they were there - God bless them. Without them, who knows if I would have survived, or been injured very badly.

If they hadn't been there - if I could have had my concealed carry back then, eh?

In real life, things can happen. You are in it. Police can't get there until way too late.

Do you know, btw, the corrupt fbi WITHHELD statistics about "good guys with guns" for democrat/left wing political benefit? yep.

I've had formal training, unofficial training from an ex-special forces guy. I've studied. Have practiced every so often. I've taught friends how to be SAFE handling a gun, taught them to shoot, responsibilities in all that, etc.

To say "nobody needs a gun" is extremely tyrannical and ignorant. Especially when we have millions? of illegals flooding our border. That includes some rapists, gang members, drug cartel members, murderers, terrorists, etc along with poor, destitute people who want to get the )(*&)(* country THEY LET DETERIORATE to come here for welfare, a free ride, or maybe a low paying job.

America will never be disarmed. The Founding Fathers INSISTED that be so for good reasons. They LIVED that history.

We just need to go learn it.

getting my knee replaced in early July seems so freaking far away.....

I was also held by knife point and had a gun aimed at my head... After having a gun held to my head my life changed.... I immediately changed my stance on Gun control... By the grace of God I hope I never wind up in that situation again... Like i've said in the past... Sometimes God shows you something you are meant to experience/see... Fuck these asshole Libs and their disarm philosophies.. They are the real danger to America.. Not the responsible Americans who take accountability for their lives and their families...

EDIT: By the way... I finally found out what that little black piece of metal on my stepfathers key ring was.. A P38 Military issue can opener... I ordered a dual set P38 and P51 on Amazon.. I think its an awesome tool to have in your survival tool kit..

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

I was also held by knife point and had a gun aimed at my head... After having a gun held to my head my life changed.... I immediately changed my stance on Gun control... By the grace of God I hope I never wind up in that situation again... Like i've said in the past... Sometimes God shows you something you are meant to experience/see... Fuck these asshole Libs and their disarm philosophies.. They are the real danger to America.. Not the responsible Americans who take accountability for their lives and their families...

It's true. Why so many are like emotionally vicious Pollyanna haters - is a question that may not have an answer. My goofy guess is social media. It has inspired a dramatic attention-getting cult, and not a small one.

Taking everything for granted - so often, the school of hard knocks has a way of fixing that. So many young people have never had to learn life by experiences, and they don't learn history.

sad.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It's true. Why so many are like emotionally vicious Pollyanna haters - is a question that may not have an answer. My goofy guess is social media. It has inspired a dramatic attention-getting cult, and not a small one.

Taking everything for granted - so often, the school of hard knocks has a way of fixing that. So many young people have never had to learn life by experiences, and they don't learn history.

sad.

You're right on point... Social media was "fun" at first....  Now it's nothing but a tool that divides everyone... Assholes now have a platform to spew any garbage they want no matter how vulgar or immoral it may be... the Libs just can't bring themselves to the realization they have been hoodwinked and used.. So let's stick with the plan and destroy everything and everyone regardless of the ramifications...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

EDIT: By the way... I finally found out what that little black piece of metal on my stepfathers key ring was.. A P38 Military issue can opener... I ordered a dual set P38 and P51 on Amazon.. I think its an awesome tool to have in your survival tool kit..

you bet! I have some U.S. military surplus ones in different bags. A bug out bag, a hiking/get back home back, and a fishing/adventuring/camping bag.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you bet! I have some U.S. military surplus ones in different bags. A bug out bag, a hiking/get back home back, and a fishing/adventuring/camping bag.

I'm gonna get a new bugout bag.. I don't like the one I currently have,,, its not very strong... I like Military style packs.. I hate sissy packs like these flimsy ultra light and dyneema packs... pure sissy garbage!!.. And exhorbitantly over priced

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.aol.com/police-3-dead-2-wounded-231900785.html

And just for the record I have three guns a 22 pistol a brownie nine millimeter and a late 1800 shotgun which would probably blow up in my face if I fired it. I am neither good enough nor are the weapons handy enough to protect me if somebody did break into the house. I don't hunt I don't have a concealed carry even though I might feel like a big shot for having a shoulder holster. I wouldn't give a shit if every gun in America were confiscated. The key word is every.

But even the pro gun control people don't want to do that because they're afraid they will offend the scum that live in the ghetto who are responsible for probably 99% of gun violence preferring to focus on the tiny fraction of people that have scary looking assault style weapons. Why? Because that's something idiot Democrats can get their head around. Just a campaign talking point hoping to give some sort of a boost to the more on you voted into the White House.

WSS

This is worse than an 'assault' weapons ban.

Just because you don't hunt, can't shoot and don't give a shit doesn't mean those of us who do care should lose our rights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Just because you don't hunt, can't shoot and don't give a shit doesn't mean those of us who do care should lose our rights.

Absolutely. 

Once more I am just putting out the difference between a Draconian move that would actually maybe put a tiny dent in what they perceive the problem to be and a piece of window dressing to make Joe Biden look good. Simply that.

WSS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jax said:

YEP. I know Steve better than that, but there are losers who FEEL "if I don't do it or like, you can't be allowed to do it or like it".

The woodpecker comes to mind first.....

• Thanks 1