THE BROWNS BOARD

US Army tells Drill SGTs "No more screaming"

Vambo

9 minutes ago, Vambo said:

They are purposely turning our military into pussies... I find this alarming on so many levels...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

and the biden "energy secretary" is demanding that eventually, ALL DEFENSE VEHICLES will be EVs.

she's a lawyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Granholm

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/05/02/jennifer-granholms-pledge-to-convert-defense-vehicles-to-electric-is-a-clear-and-present-danger-to-national-security-n739613

Jennifer Granholm's Pledge to Convert Defense Vehicles to Electric Is a Clear and Present Danger to National Security

On 5/2/2023 at 8:38 PM, FY56 said:

Wow. It's getting bad.

I sure as hell hope that the Marines don't get infected with the shit.

Army boot camp is a country club compared to the Marine Corps.

Meanwhile Biden is the Chinese PM's table boy...

On 5/2/2023 at 8:38 PM, FY56 said:

Wow. It's getting bad.

I sure as hell hope that the Marines don't get infected with the shit.

Army boot camp is a country club compared to the Marine Corps.

Bad news !  I want the USMC to be one absolutely tough bunch of fighting soldiers when I, we need them,  period.   

And still run the Toys for Tots and everything else when needed.

If you're in deep doo-doo and see the USMC coming with rifle in hand you know that things will be  ...... OK.   :D . 

They know how to shoot to kill when needed,  those guys are all marksman !.

The USMC !      .... we still need the US Army to be tough enough to do the job.

Edited by mjp28

no more screaming, eh?

basic training is where you separate the losers out. We had a kid who after a few weeks, he went around gathering cold medicine from different people, and took all the pills at once one night. A couple of guys realized what was going on, and turned him in.

Me? I was fine asleep, til all the commotions started - frantic footsteps, whispering and cart rolling down the aisle.

I sat up and immediately I was grabbed by my shirt and told to get the hell back to sleep. You bet I did. And the guy was taken. I wasn't the only one who was shoved back to laying down and ordered to go back to sleep. We talked about it one sunday later on when we had from free time.

The kid couldn't take the pressure. Really. I used to get yelled at, and a few times I would Gomer Pyle grin because one of our TI's was funny often. And I would do pushups. I forced myself to quit it out of fear the whole flight would have to join me, like we all had to do pushups because some guys couldn't march properly.

Being nice doesn't toughen up the weaklings, nor does it show who they are. So much damage is being done.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Bad news !  I want the USMC to be one absolutely tough bunch of fighting soldiers when I, we need them,  period.   

And still run the Toys for Tots and everything else when needed.

If you're in deep doo-doo and see the USMC coming with rifle in hand you know that things will be  ...... OK.   :D . 

They know how to shoot to kill when needed,  those guys are all marksman !.

The USMC !      .... we still need the US Army to be tough enough to do the job.

USMC are not soldiers.  They are Marines.  Soldiers are Army.

On 5/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

USMC are not soldiers.  They are Marines.  Soldiers are Army.

Yes ..... that is true.  The USMC are a special group of warriors. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, mjp28 said:

Yes ..... that is true.  The USMC are a special group of warriors. 

some years back, we went to go fishing, and our pickup's alternator went out. A guy came over to help me take the old one off, drove me a good ways to town to get a new one, and helped me install the new one. It wasn't easy.

I wanted to pay him for his time, and he grinned and told me not to insult him, he was just paying it forward. He said I could repay him by helping someone else some time. While we worked, he said he was a real loser kid. "A punk", he said.

But all that changed after he enlisted in the Marines. If he hadn't, he would have "ended up in prison or dead" he said.

He said he learned to be a man, be an American, with a ton of heart and honor. I never forgot him.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

so many of the left don't care about history. or our military. or our defense. nothing except to take everything for granted, and happily oppose everything American.

I have a very strong hunch that there has never been a time when we were weaker and more helpless- and that china/russia - will go to war - there will never be a better time for them to do it.

The dems have divided Americans over every part of America that they can think of.

Our debt is out of control, and they want 50 trillion to "fight fake climate change" ? they use that stupid excuse for everything they want to do politically leftwing.

I remember in SAC, our B-52s were so old, that the aluminum alloy? sheet metal had wrinkle in it here and there - the metal streched from stress over all the years. I can't complain about the new bombers...

So many are so ignorant of wartime hard desperate times because they don't know history about it.

btw, look at the current times, and read JFK's book "Why England Slept". Refers to not being ready at all for WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_England_Slept

On 5/7/2023 at 5:55 PM, calfoxwc said:

.......  But all that changed after he enlisted in the Marines. If he hadn't, he would have "ended up in prison or dead" he said.

He said he learned to be a man, be an American, with a ton of heart and honor. I never forgot him. ★★

I can believe this story  ..... and probably many more just like this one ..... no doubt.    ★★ 

And in any state in the USA.    I hope that remains for many years to come. 

• Upvote 1