THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Taking Shots at Desantis

MLD Woody

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, there is plenty of corruption in politics. Though speaking fees aren't needed. Just donate straight to a campaign. Would love to eliminate all of that lobbying, corruption, etc. I love the idea of politicians wearing patches/logos for all of their top donators. Like NASCAR. 

But one of the easiest things to do right now is to ban politicians from owning stocks. 

We will probably continue to disagree on this but I think people love the attention and the power that comes from being a politician more than the actual cash even though I'm sure that's fun to have.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We will probably continue to disagree on this but I think people love the attention and the power that comes from being a politician more than the actual cash even though I'm sure that's fun to have.

WSS

This conversation wasn't about what they like more. It wasn't even about how politicians are bought and paid for. It started with you saying I loved Pelosi and me giving you one very big reason why she's trash. 

But yes, in addition to manipulating the stock market there are was corruption, lobbying, and money get to politicians

And yes, in addition to the money I'm sure many love the power. Any level, any party, you have to have a little narcissism to think you're the one that can make the difference. You can say there's some narcissism in taking any leadership role. But as a public figure there's the additional power / "fame"

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This conversation wasn't about what they like more. It wasn't even about how politicians are bought and paid for. It started with you saying I loved Pelosi and me giving you one very big reason why she's trash. 

But yes, in addition to manipulating the stock market there are was corruption, lobbying, and money get to politicians

And yes, in addition to the money I'm sure many love the power. Any level, any party, you have to have a little narcissism to think you're the one that can make the difference. You can say there's some narcissism in taking any leadership role. But as a public figure there's the additional power / "fame"

image.png.c46611a522d5338d4ebcf3b6ef35fb5e.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

To your 1st point no it wasn't it started somewhere else and morphed into this like so many conversations do. 

It actually began with some sort of over reaction to Donald Trump's schtick.

I personally think it's getting old but oh well.

WSS

On 2/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, MLD Woody said:

I applaud those of you looking at this from an objective space. 

Sure, Desantis is just riding wedge issues / culture war BS. And his views are regressive. Etc. But at least in this Trump vs Desantis space your views seem objective 

I dont find his views particularly regressive. People tell me his views are dangerous and regressive but nobody can quite tell me why they feel its vitally important for children to be read to by men in drag playing a hyper sexual charicature of woman. Why is that the bar now? It should not be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Trump is losing me with this BS... I still love some of his policies... But the act is wearing very thin... He should consider switching his advisory team...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Trump is losing me with this BS... I still love some of his policies... But the act is wearing very thin... He should consider switching his advisory team...

I'm not sure he really has one and if he does I doubt he pays much attention to the most appealing and also 1 of the more upsetting things about Donald Trump in the 1st place.

Nobody here really loves him though I think most of the conservatives would much prefer him to the policies of Joe Biden. I have to guess that a lot of the ra ra trump is just to pull the dicks of the liberals who don't get the joke.

WSS 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Trump going after Desantis doesn't make sense. Unless Trump deviously wants to help Desantis by criticizing him, so the left won't say "another Trump". lol. Outside of that goofy possibility - Trump is alienating his own base with antagonism towards a very popular gov.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:11 AM, Westside Steve said:

I'm not sure he really has one and if he does I doubt he pays much attention to the most appealing and also 1 of the more upsetting things about Donald Trump in the 1st place.

Nobody here really loves him though I think most of the conservatives would much prefer him to the policies of Joe Biden. I have to guess that a lot of the ra ra trump is just to pull the dicks of the liberals who don't get the joke.

WSS 

Ya think? LOL

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:29 PM, MLD Woody said:

Again, he's heavily focusing on bullshit culture war wedge issues to build support among the regressive right. Fighting the made up "CRT" and banning AP African studies. Fighting Disney because they won't bow to dated views on LGBTQ beliefs. Filing complaints against companies for drag shows because he disagrees with the drag shows (again, conservatives don't actually care about small govt if that govt in enforcing their beliefs). 

Every thing I hear out of Florida with what he's doing it just makes Florida sound like a worse place to live. COVID, guns, LGBTQ rights, acknowledging history, etc. 

If his constituents are eating that stuff up though, it's a shame, but good for them. I don't think it translates across much else of the country. I don't want a president filing complaints against companies because they sponsored a drag show

The bulk of your complaints against DeSantis involves LGBTQ issues.  LGBTQ issues seem to consume you. I suppose I can see why.

You shouldn't be afraid to live in Florida. There are an estimated 1 million LGBTQ folks living there.

Here is a link. It's encouraging and has got a lot of good info for you.

It does talk of discrimination, past and present, but overall, its safe so you don't have much to worry about.

Moving To Gay Florida? Thing To Know Before Relocating Here As An LGBT Person! (queerintheworld.com)

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2023 at 7:11 AM, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

That is one revisionist way to look at it, sure. Now that Trump isn't gracefully fading into the sunlight we can pretend he wasn't treated like a god in here. "oh, that was just to mess with liberals". No unbiased person is buying that... 

And the later Reagan post in here is funny, considering it was stayed on multiple occasions that Trump was a better president. 

Funny how Trump doing what Trump has always done, now that he's not the hot conservative thing, is now taken negatively by conservatives (even as some here can't comprehend it). None of this is new...

On 2/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, FY56 said:

The bulk of your complaints against DeSantis involves LGBTQ issues.  LGBTQ issues seem to consume you. I suppose I can see why.

You shouldn't be afraid to live in Florida. There are an estimated 1 million LGBTQ folks living there.

Here is a link. It's encouraging and has got a lot of good info for you.

It does talk of discrimination, past and present, but overall, its safe so you don't have much to worry about.

Moving To Gay Florida? Thing To Know Before Relocating Here As An LGBT Person! (queerintheworld.com)

"Consume". Oh lord. Another staple tactic on this board. Love it. 

Desantis's play right now is being the right wing social justice warrior. Fighting the culture war. Riding wedge issues. It's incredibly transparent and apparently the right is eating it up. 

I bring up LGBTQ issues because that's what Desantis is focusing on. That and apparently wanting to rewrite / mute history that might make certain groups look bad... 

• Haha 2

That is one revisionist way to look at it, sure. Now that Trump isn't gracefully fading into the sunlight we can pretend he wasn't treated like a god in here. "oh, that was just to mess with liberals". No unbiased person is buying that... 

And the later Reagan post in here is funny, considering it was stayed on multiple occasions that Trump was a better president. 

Funny how Trump doing what Trump has always done, now that he's not the hot conservative thing, is now taken negatively by conservatives (even as some here can't comprehend it). None of this is new...

Whatever you say woodpecker. One more time I would rather have Trump than Joe Biden If that offends you too bad. I would rather have Trump than any Democrat I can think of at this point. I've been pretty honest about the things I agree with him on and where I took issue but you choose to turn the blind eye. Fair enough.

And I realize it's silly to ask but how about an honest answer, is there any Democrat you could imagine running against Trump that lose your vote?

Maxine Waters? Omar? AOC? Nancy Polosi? A second Joe Biden term? Kamala Harris? Hillary? Any Democrat?

WSS

Whatever you say woodpecker. One more time I would rather have Trump than Joe Biden If that offends you too bad. I would rather have Trump than any Democrat I can think of at this point. I've been pretty honest about the things I agree with him on and where I took issue but you choose to turn the blind eye. Fair enough.

And I realize it's silly to ask but how about an honest answer, is there any Democrat you could imagine running against Trump that lose your vote?

Maxine Waters? Omar? AOC? Nancy Polosi? A second Joe Biden term? Kamala Harris? Hillary? Any Democrat?

WSS

Oh Christ, now I'm "turning a blind eye". Coming from the guy that's walked back Jan 6th at every point. And now a group of you are walking back your trump infatuation. 

I don't want a Republican in office that is actively trying to move the country backwards. Unfortunately, with the popularity of MAGA beliefs, that seems like it will be most of them. As I've said before, that seems like Desantis's main platform right now. 

Many of the Dems you listed suck. The Dem that gets nominated will probably suck. Biden will probably die in office of he gets another term. All of those options are shit, and won't improve our country at all, but I'll take that over actively moving backwards (ex SCOTUS abortion ruling). I'd probably plug my nose and vote. 

As much as I'd want to vote third party again, to try and grow that as an option, my vote is probably better served countering one of the board members here that live in Ohio 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh Christ, now I'm "turning a blind eye". Coming from the guy that's walked back Jan 6th at every point. And now a group of you are walking back your trump infatuation. 

I don't want a Republican in office that is actively trying to move the country backwards. Unfortunately, with the popularity of MAGA beliefs, that seems like it will be most of them. As I've said before, that seems like Desantis's main platform right now. 

Many of the Dems you listed suck. The Dem that gets nominated will probably suck. Biden will probably die in office of he gets another term. All of those options are shit, and won't improve our country at all, but I'll take that over actively moving backwards (ex SCOTUS abortion ruling). I'd probably plug my nose and vote. 

As much as I'd want to vote third party again, to try and grow that as an option, my vote is probably better served countering one of the board members here that live in Ohio 

Plus there's not much chance that a 3rd party is going to try to run to the left.

But as bad as they, meaning whatever Democrat runs, suck you're going to vote for them so why bitch at me?

WSS

All of those options are shit, and won't improve our country at all, but I'll take that over actively moving backwards (ex SCOTUS abortion ruling).

So let me guess….having some fucking weirdo dressed like a woman reading to preschoolers will move this country forward?

Or opening up the southern border letting the drug cartels open up the tap for all the fentanyl you care to buy?

Yes Pecker, those are some real progressive things your party is doing.

But at least we have no more mean Tweets from the Orange Man.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Plus there's not much chance that a 3rd party is going to try to run to the left.

But as bad as they, meaning whatever Democrat runs, suck you're going to vote for them so why bitch at me?

WSS

And you're voting Rep no matter what so why bitch at me?

Or maybe, just maybe, that wasn't the point of this initial conversation at all and, like you normally do, you tried to make some final conclusion that had nothing to do with what we were talking about... 

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Consume". Oh lord. Another staple tactic on this board. Love it. 

Desantis's play right now is being the right wing social justice warrior. Fighting the culture war. Riding wedge issues. It's incredibly transparent and apparently the right is eating it up. 

I bring up LGBTQ issues because that's what Desantis is focusing on. That and apparently wanting to rewrite / mute history that might make certain groups look bad... 

So you don't like "consumed"?

How about "obsessed"?  Still too strong?

How about LGBTQ being your "core issue"?  The one you care most about.

Fair enough?

The left is highly regressive. The left is regressive on issues that matter, yet you will vote democrat over a culture war you have repeatedly called "bullshit"?

Name an issue other than the bullshit culture war that Reps are regressive towards and I'll let you off the hook.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:18 PM, MLD Woody said:

Dozens of reasons to dislike Trump. More than dozens. I realize you'll again disregard any even remotely related to his personality. So I'll just go with his COVID response and leave it there. He absolutely bombed that, and it was another thing where his massive ego made him a worse leader. Not gonna get into it further though as we have plenty of examples of your recollection of past events not matching reality. 

Haha...dozens upon dozens.

Until now you've been pretty good at concealing your TDS. Eventually you'll slip up.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And you're voting Rep no matter what so why bitch at me?

Or maybe, just maybe, that wasn't the point of this initial conversation at all and, like you normally do, you tried to make some final conclusion that had nothing to do with what we were talking about... 

To your 1st point absolutely not. Like you I'd be happy to vote 3rd party but only if they agreed more with what I would like to see happen in the United States and if I thought they were actually viable. Which I really don't at this point. I'm not going to waste my vote, worse than that make it counter productive just so I can pretend that I'm independent.

What I actually do think is at this point in time the democrats are married to a particular agenda that I disagree with; vice versa for the republicans. So I don't see anybody on the Democrat side whose views coincide de with mine. I just brought that up because you were scolding me for saying I was probably going to vote Republican no matter what and I underline the fact that that's your plan as well only with the democrats

So what's the problem with that?

WSS

PS something to keep in mind if that wasn't the point of what you had to say you probably shouldn't have said it, Or at least phrased it more clearly. ie Snarking about capitalism and then getting upset when I point out the statement

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

So you don't like "consumed"?

How about "obsessed"?  Still too strong?

How about LGBTQ being your "core issue"?  The one you care most about.

Fair enough?

The left is highly regressive. The left is regressive on issues that matter, yet you will vote democrat over a culture war you have repeatedly called "bullshit"?

Name an issue other than the bullshit culture war that Reps are regressive towards and I'll let you off the hook.

Creating a culture war is bullshit. Conservatives are fighting to turn back the clock. They're starting the war. 

It's so very transparent too. 

Conservatives create some wedge issues culture war item. Something all of you didn't even care about before you started to hear in on Tucker, read it in your Facebook groups, etc. You're told that issue is destroying America and a threat to your way of life . Then conservative politicians run on that issue, saying they'll fix it. They get elected, and maybe they try to do something, but in reality they're there to pass laws that keep the wealthy rich. And in reality, all that culture war buzz, it was just pumped up by the money of these wealthy individuals (small little internet personalities, like Crowder, funded by billionaires, etc). All as a means to control the ignorant masses and get policies passed that help them stay on power. And our wealth gap continues to drastically rise in this company. 

Rinse and repeat. And these morons fall for it every time. 

Conservatives are regressive on LGBTQ rights, women's rights, teaching history / education, etc. If you're going to count those all under your "whatever, culture war doesn't count" umbrella then so be it. 

They're regressive regarding healthcare and their covid response as well. If you compare our policies to the rest of the developed world (where it's clear you have no idea what a liberal even is if you think Biden is some radical leftist) we're regressive on prisons, gun control, etc. 

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

To your 1st point absolutely not. Like you I'd be happy to vote 3rd party but only if they agreed more with what I would like to see happen in the United States and if I thought they were actually viable. Which I really don't at this point. I'm not going to waste my vote, worse than that make it counter productive just so I can pretend that I'm independent.

What I actually do think is at this point in time the democrats are married to a particular agenda that I disagree with; vice versa for the republicans. So I don't see anybody on the Democrat side whose views coincide de with mine. I just brought that up because you were scolding me for saying I was probably going to vote Republican no matter what and I underline the fact that that's your plan as well only with the democrats

So what's the problem with that?

WSS

PS something to keep in mind if that wasn't the point of what you had to say you probably shouldn't have said it, Or at least phrased it more clearly. ie Snarking about capitalism and then getting upset when I point out the statement

That's ...that's not even close to what I originally said ...

And you didn't "point out" anything in the train derailment thread

Oh lord... can you really not follow along from one post to another?

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

That's ...that's not even close to what I originally said ...

And you didn't "point out" anything in the train derailment thread

Oh lord... can you really not follow along from one post to another?

I'm not sure anybody has any idea what the fuck you're trying to say except you're unhappy about something. Here's the bottom line woodpecker, if you vote for somebody other than the guy you think most fits your wishes for the country you're stupid. That's about it.

Call me when you think there is a Democrat that fits that criteria for me. Or a Republican that fits that criteria for you.

WSS 

• Thanks 3

It isn't even worth it to quote woodpecker's bs. He? "believes" that unqualified transperverts are a good thing in our gov and schools. and, he's on board with forcing all of Real America to accept a court ordered new definition of Real Marriage, turning it upside down and bass-ackiwards. He? "believes and ALL white people are bad and racist, all rich people are thieves, all republicans are haters, ....seems that anything opposite of the status quo - he loves it. Patriotism bad. American Flag bad. Trump bad, Reagan bad, Desantis bad, everybody who isn't a pervert is bad. Real American history is bad - make believe lalaland pretend history is good, right woodpecker? slurring anyone and everyone on the board who isn't on board with his crap. Ridicule, put down, twist anything sensible into nonsense. Makes you FEEL unique and special, ya?

Progressivism is all about control. Change is control. Progessives HATE not controlling. They demand to control via the verbal cancel culture, the fraud that is "man made global warming".... they happily support unlimited, unvetted millions of illegals into our country, and they do not give a damn that fentanyl is coming over in amounts that could kill millions of Americans. They don't give a damn that somewhere around 20-30% of those illegals are violent criminals, drug cartel mules, etc etc etc etc.

Giving illegals the vote - I've said it for years - is just another way to twist elections into their grasp.

It seems that every post of woodpecker's is designed to make him? feeeeeelllllllll like a bigshot. That is sad.

I think it's more like bigotry out of control - so the bigot can feeeeeelllllll good about himself?.... also very sad.

Woodpecker, you may be a happy, healthy, well-adjusted person is you would just return to your roots. Go out deep into some woods, and peck on a dead tree til you get dizzy and fall to the ground and blame the tree for your mistake.

But, beak up, woodpecker - your biden regime is a total disaster, and you may very well end up drafted. Bon't worry about that, you aren't bird enough to last two days in basic training. Unless they change it to teaching to you cross dress and wear makeup. Then you might last more than a few weeks....