THE BROWNS BOARD

Biden's  * State of the Union *  speech February 7, 2023. So how did he do ?

mjp28

Biden's  * State of the Union *  speech.  So how did he do ?

And the crowd ?  GOP ?  Any other comments ?

He promised more free stuff. Said some things about working bipartisan - which is a total freaking farce, given that the last two years, they were nothing but divisive, intimidating, and exclusionary.

His biggest lie was saying some republicans want to get rid of social security and medicare, and by golly, he will veto it!

what a farce.

The reps tried to be respectful, of course, applauded when they actually did agree with a few sentiments. And of course, Mccarthy did not stoop to pelosi's low scum level, and did not tear apart biden's stupid speech.

Then biden did the lie about being such a tough guy, blah blah blah. etc and I finally turned it off.

• Haha 1

I was on Reddit reading all the idiots praising and glorifying him saying he killed it. I love going to Reddit, it’s like going to the zoo. Country is in the worst shape it’s been in years and democrats would rather be broke and jobless as long as trump isn’t in office. I’m at McDonald’s and the cashier literally just said they aren’t very busy cuz ppl are broke and prices are so high. 

I'm glad you all did your civic duty Tuesday night......:huh:.   watching president Joe Biden.   

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm glad you all did your civic duty Tuesday night......:huh:.   watching president Joe Biden.   

I didn’t want to listen to any more of his lies.

Such as, the GOP wants to cut Social Security.

This coming from the guy that cast the deciding vote to tax Social Security.

He likes to act like he’s for the poor and middle class, but he’s nothing more than a lying POS.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I watched it. There were times he had divisive comments, pointing fingers at the "other side." Of course, Sarah Huckabee did the same thing in the "republican response."

Party over country seems to be the theme. That's likely been the case for quite some time, but it's really glaring nowadays.

He talked of bipartisan efforts on some bills & issues, which is a good thing. 

I thought the analysis afterwards on the various networks were pretty spot on for the most part. 

Only thing I know is America needs to elect a leader in 2024 that can unite this divided nation- will the news media allow it? Or will we voters be fooled by the empty promises of Rs & Ds?

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Only thing I know is America needs to elect a leader in 2024 that can unite this divided nation- will the news media allow it? Or will we voters be fooled by the empty promises of Rs & Ds?

Well if you had cared to keep track, you would know that Trumps track record on promises kept was outstanding. But no lefty wants to hear that.

Promises kept should have earned a second term, unfortunately Americans are pussies. 

If Trumps mean tweets, his "ego", and him "not acting presidential" had any influence on your vote, then you should not be voting. Just do the right thing and stay the fuck home.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I watched it. There were times he had divisive comments, pointing fingers at the "other side." Of course, Sarah Huckabee did the same thing in the "republican response."

Party over country seems to be the theme. That's likely been the case for quite some time, but it's really glaring nowadays.

I thought the analysis afterwards on the various networks were pretty spot on for the most part. 

Biden invokes 'chaos,' sticks to refusal to negotiate on debt during first post-State of the Union speech

32 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Well if you had cared to keep track, you would know that Trumps track record on promises kept was outstanding. But no lefty wants to hear that.

Promises kept should have earned a second term, unfortunately Americans are pussies. 

If Trumps mean tweets, his "ego", and him "not acting presidential" had any influence on your vote, then you should not be voting. Just do the right thing and stay the fuck home.

Wow. Ok you won "tough guy of the day" lol.

I don't know how you read that post & determine who I voted for. But if it really truly matters to you, I voted for Jo Jorgenson, Libertarian.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, Bob806 said:

I do admire how well you toe the middle line, Bob,  - but seriously - you ever hear a republican president say something like "those democrats want to eliminate your social security and medicare. By golly, I'll defend you and VETO IT" ? EVER?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I do admire how well you toe the middle line, Bob,  - but seriously - you ever hear a republican president say something like "those democrats want to eliminate your social security and medicare. By golly, I'll defend you and VETO IT" ? EVER?

Biden is a buffoon. I got angry during his speech, several lies and accusatory- NOT UNITY.

• Upvote 2