THE BROWNS BOARD

22$ at Mickey D's

Westside Steve

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Quiet now. It is easier to just blame all the younger generation for everything that is wrong. 

No way the boomers will turn the mirror on themselves... that's for damn sure. 

it's funny but true and he was is a awesome kid plays for the Celtics 

Mcd corporate does not pay wages...the individual franchise owner does.  All these pay raises just hurt the franchise owner.  Most mcdonalds franchise owners only make like 100k.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, MLD Woody said:

Quiet now. It is easier to just blame all the younger generation for everything that is wrong. 

No way the boomers will turn the mirror on themselves... that's for damn sure. 

Well that's probably true but not for the reason you think. The greatest generation pampered the baby boomers by trying to give them more than they grew up having which in turn made Boomer's less self sufficient than they might have been.. Unfortunately that pattern has been in a downward spiral for a few generations.

And the free shit express is like a downhill juggernaut. These days honey buddy making around 20K gets a mountain of free stuff. 

At even though you believe history began 25 years ago you can look back over the generations and see just for example the size of the houses and the number of family members that resided in them has opposed to today.

WSS

(In general)

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well that's probably true but not for the reason you think. The greatest generation pampered the baby boomers by trying to give them more than they grew up having which in turn made Boomer's less self sufficient than they might have been.. Unfortunately that pattern has been in a downward spiral for a few generations.

And the free shit express is like a downhill juggernaut. These days honey buddy making around 20K gets a mountain of free stuff. 

At even though you believe history began 25 years ago you can look back over the generations and see just for example the size of the houses and the number of family members that resided in them has opposed to today.

WSS

(In general)

Millennials' ability, ambition comes into question following new polls: 'Go out and get a job'

New polls find that many millennials rely on their parents to pay billshttps://www.foxnews.com/media/millennials-ability-ambition-comes-into-question-following-new-polls

9 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Millennials' ability, ambition comes into question following new polls: 'Go out and get a job'

New polls find that many millennials rely on their parents to pay billshttps://www.foxnews.com/media/millennials-ability-ambition-comes-into-question-following-new-polls

I'd have to think more about it but I don't think we can hardly blame the millennials for all this crap , Looks like deevolution for every generation probably going well before the greatest generation even. I think we can all empathize with the path of least resistance.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I'd have to think more about it but I don't think we can hardly blame the millennials for all this crap , Looks like deevolution for every generation probably going well before the greatest generation even. I think we can all empathize with the path of least resistance.

WSS

The funnier thing is boomers thinking they lifted themselves up by their own bootstraps. Thinking they're the "tough times makes strong men" generation. 

A generation born with a silver spoon in their mouth and everything available to them, including government support (if you fit some demographics at least...)

And that generation proceeded to stuff their mouth, making a mess of the buffet along the way. Kicking the ladder out. Blowing up the bridge. Burning the countryside. 

Now, when you get generations try to replant that countryside or rebuild that bridge the boomers lash out because they're being sales to contribute to the costs. 

It's a sad state of denial and destruction

Worst of all, imagine being born in that generation, especially as a white male, and NOT succeeding. Imagine how pathetic that would be. Though that might hit a little too close to home with some posters here...

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

And right, every generation is going to call the next lazy because of technological advancements. Are you riding around on horseback? Do you work sub up to sundown on a farm? No? A generation thinks you're soft and lazy. 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:19 PM, hoorta said:

I'd expect nothing less from the right wing echo chamber that can't back off from insults and ad hominum attacks... It's what you guys do here...   Even when I try to be 1\2 civil.... 

Hey, Trump looks like he's traded in his spray on tan for A-1 sauce at his rallies lately, in case you haven't noticed:D   Yeah- I do keep track of Demented, or is it Delusional Don for kicks and giggles.  Still drinking his Kool-Aid?  :P 

Cause that's what TDS a-holes do...

Bing up Trump in a topic that has nothing to do with him.

Tell us again you don't have TDS . G'ahead.

We haven't noticed, so ahead and keep everyone up to date on his personal appearance if you must.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And right, every generation is going to call the next lazy because of technological advancements. Are you riding around on horseback? Do you work sub up to sundown on a farm? No? A generation thinks you're soft and lazy. 

Yeah, those technological advancements.

3kqgbgeodei21-80463946922.jpg.456d9cb28c0b60f61ca7b84652d65394.jpg

All of this just proves that minimum wage doesn't work.  It never has. Prices are largely dictated by wages paid.

Minimum wage was never intended to be a living wage.  If you want more money, you have to work and improve your skill set.  Sixteen year old, pimple faced kids make minimum wage.  If you are a mid 20's person making minimum wage, you are just an ignorant sloth.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2/6/2023 at 9:10 AM, MLD Woody said:

The funnier thing is boomers thinking they lifted themselves up by their own bootstraps. Thinking they're the "tough times makes strong men" generation. 

A generation born with a silver spoon in their mouth and everything available to them, including government support (if you fit some demographics at least...)

And that generation proceeded to stuff their mouth, making a mess of the buffet along the way. Kicking the ladder out. Blowing up the bridge. Burning the countryside. 

Now, when you get generations try to replant that countryside or rebuild that bridge the boomers lash out because they're being sales to contribute to the costs. 

It's a sad state of denial and destruction

Worst of all, imagine being born in that generation, especially as a white male, and NOT succeeding. Imagine how pathetic that would be. Though that might hit a little too close to home with some posters here...

Quit your whining you pussy.  I'll guarantee you boomers are a hell of a lot tougher than your pussified generation.   Plus, we know there are only two sexes and that Transexuals are mentally ill.  Which excuses you, I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ballpeen said:

All of this just proves that minimum wage doesn't work.  It never has. Prices are largely dictated by wages paid.

Minimum wage was never intended to be a living wage.  If you want more money, you have to work and improve your skill set.  Sixteen year old, pimple faced kids make minimum wage.  If you are a mid 20's person making minimum wage, you are just an ignorant sloth.

And if you wanted to work that minimum wage job to help pay for school to improve yourself and get a better job, you can't, because tuition has ballooned, everything else has increased, and minimum wage hasn't improved at all. So you're stuck working multiple shit jobs to try and get buy with no time to try and improve from there. 

While old folks who paid for their full college tuition while working just a part time in fast food or just a summer job tell you that you're lazy and should try harder...

And labor (wages) are just a subset of the overall cost of a good. You guys act like doubling the minimum wage will double the cost of a big Mac... 

13 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Quit your whining you pussy.  I'll guarantee you boomers are a hell of a lot tougher than your pussified generation.   Plus, we know there are only two sexes and that Transexuals are mentally ill.  Which excuses you, I guess.

A huge chunk of your generation has been completely manipulated by social media... Moreso than younger generations. 

Ya, you're real tough... 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

A huge chunk of your generation has been completely manipulated by social media... Moreso than younger generations. 

Ya, you're real tough... 

DieHard has been manipulated by liberals?  If so, then he'd be just like you.

You acknowledge that conservative speech is censored on Twitter, so how can your claim be true?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Maybe the most ignorant post ever in this forum but, considering the source, I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

While old folks who paid for their full college tuition while working just a part time in fast food or just a summer job tell you that you're lazy and should try harder...

Sorry pal.  If a  mid twenties person is stuck in a  minimum wage job and can't do better, they have a wishbone rather than a backbone.  Even that pimple faced kid I mentioned gets raises after 6 months.

If you head in to life thinking that wearing a paper hat is going to lead to a fruitful, rewarding life, you get what you deserve.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What in the fuck are you talking about?

I worked a full time job 6 days a week and a part time job 5 days a week, to pay for my student loan.

I did that while going to college, it was rough but it can be done.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Wow. You really outdid yourself this time with your ignorance.

For many of us going to school full time, a part time job was needed just to survive...rent, gas, food etc. Paying for your education via student loan was an afterthought.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

What in the fuck are you talking about?

I worked a full time job 6 days a week and a part time job 5 days a week, to pay for my student loan.

I did that while going to college, it was rough but it can be done.

Kudos to you and those able to do that!

I wouldn't have succeeded. I needed to put a lot of time into study.

10 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Sorry pal.  If a  mid twenties person is stuck in a  minimum wage job and can't do better, they have a wishbone rather than a backbone.  Even that pimple faced kid I mentioned gets raises after 6 months.

If you head in to life thinking that wearing a paper hat is going to lead to a fruitful, rewarding life, you get what you deserve.

And it is clear you don't quite have an accurate understanding of current costs and wages due to what you experienced growing up decades ago

Look, I've worked my ass off to get where I am and I make very good money for my age. But I realize the headstarts I had along the way. And I realize the hurdles those not in my situation have to deal with. And I want actions taken to remove those hurdles. 

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

Wow. You really outdid yourself this time with your ignorance.

For many of us going to school full time, a part time job was needed just to survive...rent, gas, food etc. Paying for your education via student loan was an afterthought.

And 40 hours a week, at above minimum wage, 52 weeks a year, barely gets you over half of the full cost of attending Akron... 

The point being, again, is you all don't have an accurate grasp on today's educational costs and wages that are out there. Things aren't the same as when you were in school.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And 40 hours a week, at above minimum wage, 52 weeks a year, barely gets you over half of the full cost of attending Akron... 

The point being, again, is you all don't have an accurate grasp on today's educational costs and wages that are out there. Things aren't the same as when you were in school.

I don't think you have an accurate grasp on the importance of college credits.

WSS