THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin McCarthy delivers first remarks after winning House Speaker: 'Our nation is worth fighting for'

Vambo

I actually stayed up to see the Ballot #15 conclusion.    What a strange show the Republicans put on last night.  Things got a bit nasty at the end of the 14th Ballot.   Still thank goodness for the country's sake this thing is finally OVER !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Not particularly fired up not particularly pissed off. It could be a lot worse I suppose, Liz Cheney or Hakeem Jeffries.

All in all it doesn't seem like many people really want that fucking job in the first place. And that the left Wingers who hate him have no idea why in particular. 

WSS 

McCarthy is going to find out exactly why nobody really wants to do that job especially in a nearly  50/50 House.  

And Nancy Pelosi did a great job for a long time at it.   Good luck Kevin. 

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

McCarthy is going to find out exactly why nobody really wants to do that job especially in a nearly  50/50 House.  

Yes she did depending on what you thought of the outcome. I guess if McCarthy can keep all the Republicans in line regardless of the damage to the country just like Pelosi that will be interesting.

WSS

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

pelosi did a good job at WHAT?

helping obamao set an all time high of adding to our deficit???

helping biden DOUBLE that record add to our deficit?

cutting republicans out of committees entirely, to sway the outcome?

helping falsely persecute Pres Trump for solely political reasons - the proof being -

nothing was EVER proven? just LIES? Just FALSE TESTIMONY?

Please, you are better than that.

By Frosty Wooldridge. At 80 years of age, suffering from onset dementia, and one of the richest House of Representative members, Nancy Pelosi's 'forever career' in Washington DC spans three decades beyond comprehension. Her wealth surpasses $124 million dollars. Her power to impeach any president she wishes extends beyond understanding.

Nov 23, 2022Of all the things Pelosi did in Congress, however, the most damning indictment of her leadership might be the decline in the state of the country under her watch. ... The damage may never be undone. 16. Reply. arizsux 1 month ago Reply to MICHAEL D BROWN She was a major success.-6. Reply. Word of Truth 1 month ago Reply to arizsux A major ...
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

pelosi did a good job at WHAT?

helping obamao set an all time high of adding to our deficit???

helping biden DOUBLE that record add to our deficit?

cutting republicans out of committees entirely, to sway the outcome?

helping falsely persecute Pres Trump for solely political reasons - the proof being -

nothing was EVER proven? just LIES? Just FALSE TESTIMONY?

Please, you are better than that.

By Frosty Wooldridge. At 80 years of age, suffering from onset dementia, and one of the richest House of Representative members, Nancy Pelosi's 'forever career' in Washington DC spans three decades beyond comprehension. Her wealth surpasses $124 million dollars. Her power to impeach any president she wishes extends beyond understanding.

Nov 23, 2022Of all the things Pelosi did in Congress, however, the most damning indictment of her leadership might be the decline in the state of the country under her watch. ... The damage may never be undone. 16. Reply. arizsux 1 month ago Reply to MICHAEL D BROWN She was a major success.-6. Reply. Word of Truth 1 month ago Reply to arizsux A major ...

Pelosi did her job. I can't stand her I think her job is to support the Democrat Party I think her job is to keep the party in power regardless of the consequences to the country. That's what she does. Her job is not to make things better for the American people. Whether it should be or not.

WSS 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Pelosi did her job. I can't stand her I think her job is to support the Democrat Party I think her job is to keep the party in power regardless of the consequences to the country. That's what she does. Her job is not to make things better for the American people. Whether it should be or not.

WSS 

She was a brazen kunt... I'm glad shes gone!

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

As Steve mentioned, if you believe her job is to keep the party in power regardless of the consequences then OK, she did a good job. Believing otherwise makes you deserving of some choice words.

Not sure McCarthy will be able to surpass Pelosi in greatness. Ripping up Trumps SOTU speech on national TV is hard to top.

22 minutes ago, FY56 said:

As Steve mentioned, if you believe her job is to keep the party in power regardless of the consequences then OK, she did a good job. Believing otherwise makes you deserving of some choice words.

Not sure McCarthy will be able to surpass Pelosi in greatness. Ripping up Trumps SOTU speech on national TV is hard to top.

We will see, the gavel is his.  I actually hope that the mainstream Republicans can get their party together for the good of our country.  It will be an interesting two years leading up to   ★ 2024 ★ .   Oh boy !

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

We will see, the gavel is his.  I actually hope that the mainstream Republicans can get their party together for the good of our country.  It will be an interesting two years leading up to   ★ 2024 ★ .   Oh boy !

By mainstream republiguns you are hoping that they act like mainstream democrats and spend every waking minute trying to find some way to harass Joe Biden and his administration and family?

WSS 

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

By mainstream republiguns you are hoping that they act like mainstream democrats and spend every waking minute trying to find some way to harass Joe Biden and his administration and family?

WSS 

I certainly hope so, impeach that old prick!

• Haha 1