THE BROWNS BOARD

January 3 - BALLOT #3 now #13 goes on ..... McCarthy headed for another big  LOSS.

mjp28

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's it?

WSS

That's #1 for me. 

Why would an elected leader agree to toe such a thin line? It used to be 5 reps could give a "no confidence" vote up, Pelosi ditched it ( I believe, could be wrong). 

Now the Freedom Caucus wants it to be one rep? Silly

The problem for me is I don't trust Politicians on either side of the aisle... McCarthy is just like every other politician who wants power and I simply do not trust him...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

That's #1 for me. 

Why would an elected leader agree to toe such a thin line? It used to be 5 reps could give a "no confidence" vote up, Pelosi ditched it ( I believe, could be wrong). 

Now the Freedom Caucus wants it to be one rep? Silly

I don't think we are talking about two different things are we? I'm just saying with all the improprieties all the rule changes all the ignoring of whatever state election laws were overlooked etc etc and given the fact that some elections we decided on less than half a point and if what I believe to be is the covid hoax made it impossible to conduct a proper election that it's not unreasonable to ask them to do it again. Like the Buffalo Cincinnati game. One may or may not get the result they would be looking for but it's not unreasonable to ask I don't think.

WSS

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think we are talking about two different things are we?

WSS

We probably are lol.

One thing has definitely been confirmed, it's party over country. 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

We probably are lol.

One thing has definitely been confirmed, it's party over country. 

On that issue I strongly disagree with you. First of all the Democrats are much more in lockstep second of all the Democrats policies are much worse than the ones the Republicans have stated. I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about the complete breakdown of the Border and the flood of illegals.

I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about making ourselves dependent on foreign oil.

I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about Street crime which is rampant except as a man's to demand the Banning of scary looking weapons that account for almost none of that violence.

And this one is more bipartisan but I don't hear hardly anybody bitching about flushing billions and billions of American tax dollars down the toilet to prop up the fraud in Ukraine.

Also Bob even the fake conservative's over here have decided to jump on the Democrat bandwagon for no other reason than hatred of trump. Bitching about tax cuts for the rich bitching about the pipeline bitching about drilling in Anwar whining about trying to control illegal immigration.

I didn't particularly think that the wall was the best way to stop it but it's a tool that along with plenty of other measures might make a dent. But face it most of the actual complaints about Trump have been from after he was no longer president.

WSS

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

On that issue I strongly disagree with you. First of all the Democrats are much more in lockstep second of all the Democrats policies are much worse than the ones the Republicans have stated. I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about the complete breakdown of the Border and the flood of illegals.

I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about making ourselves dependent on foreign oil.

I don't hear one single Democrat bitching about Street crime which is rampant except as a man's to demand the Banning of scary looking weapons that account for almost none of that violence.

And this one is more bipartisan but I don't hear hardly anybody bitching about flushing billions and billions of American tax dollars down the toilet to prop up the fraud in Ukraine.

Well I  can tell you that in both bowling leagues I'm in, these subjects are talked about between folks, and it's a pretty good cross-section of America, NE Ohio. Younger folks, older folks, minorities, people with money, people who may not have as much money....everybody is concerned about all those issues. No, I don't ask about political leanings but my guess is that bowlers are like America- moderates who blow left or right depending on an issue. 

At the local republican club (Panera in Middleburg Hts lol), I was in total agreement with the guys & gals who were pissed about Pelosi & Harris holding up the Ukraine flag. While I bet most of America is empathetic towards the situation in Ukraine, I sense many don't want any involvement with it at all. The seemingly endless money pit from the USA to foreign lands is puzzling to say the least, and it's been going on for decades. We're obviously over-taxed.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Also Bob even the fake conservative's over here have decided to jump on the Democrat bandwagon for no other reason than hatred of trump. Bitching about tax cuts for the rich bitching about the pipeline bitching about drilling in Anwar whining about trying to control illegal immigration.

I didn't particularly think that the wall was the best way to stop it but it's a tool that along with plenty of other measures might make a dent. But face it most of the actual complaints about Trump have been from after he was no longer president.

WSS

I think Trump may have won the 2020 election easily if Covid never happened. Most folks would have looked past his egomania and looked at the economy, which was doing well. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I think Trump may have won the 2020 election easily if Covid never happened. Most folks would have looked past his egomania and looked at the economy, which was doing well. 

Absolutely  !   Donald J. Trump was set for term two until this Chinese virus bomb didn't show up on the world.

NO Democrat was in position to take him on and win.   Then, well, we know what happened next.   DJT and his fatal mistakes. 

History would have been quite different than it is now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

The Dems did a good job of politicizing Covid, with the help of Fauci locked down the country.

I’ve never witnessed so much hysteria over a virus with a 98% survival rate.

8591FB5D-47A4-4C88-A46E-F1DEF256E177.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Absolutely. Just an unfortunate game of musical chairs and some corrupt reporting by the MSM. The economy had hit bottom and was on its way to a rebound and regardless of anybody's opinion of the vaccine Trump did Fast Track the son of a bitch. And the reason I call covid the hoax is the fact that you can look around and see which states decided to deal the death blow to their own economies so that the recovery wasn't obvious enough to get Trump reelected. We are paying the price for that now and probably forever.

Where I did not agree with Trump was making the stimulus bigger. What he proposed to the Democrats wanted no part of it but then they decided to shovel money onto the fire like the Hypocrites they are. Which greased the skids not only for the horrendous inflation but the destruction of the workforce.

WSS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Well I  can tell you that in both bowling leagues I'm in, these subjects are talked about between folks, and it's a pretty good cross-section of America, NE Ohio. Younger folks, older folks, minorities, people with money, people who may not have as much money....everybody is concerned about all those issues. No, I don't ask about political leanings but my guess is that bowlers are like America- moderates who blow left or right depending on an issue. 

At the local republican club (Panera in Middleburg Hts lol), I was in total agreement with the guys & gals who were pissed about Pelosi & Harris holding up the Ukraine flag. While I bet most of America is empathetic towards the situation in Ukraine, I sense many don't want any involvement with it at all. The seemingly endless money pit from the USA to foreign lands is puzzling to say the least, and it's been going on for decades. We're obviously over-taxed.

Nobody likes the shit from the Democrats they just pretend to because for some insane reason they hate Trump.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Nobody likes the shit from the Democrats they just pretend to because for some insane reason they hate Trump.

WSS

On second thought maybe certain ethnic criminals and deadbeats enjoy their elevated status being treated like an endangered species. Legalizing shoplifting assault prostitution drug dealing Etc is probably pretty sweet for some folks.

Plus if you get shot committing your crime you can burn down a city and some chickenshit politicians will give your dirt ball family a few million bucks.

WSS

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:31 PM, mjp28 said:

This just looks like the GOP can't get it's   "House "  in order,  no Speaker plan, a lot of infighting never good.   They won the House   -but-   can't agree on a Speaker to replace Nancy Pelosi how embarrassing. 

I wish for the county's sake that   both   parties could and would become more civilized and professional about doing the nation's business. 

This is history in the making, have your kids, grandkids and others pay attention to what is going on. 

Civilized and professional were already out the window, but electing a shyster, con man, reality tv personality to the highest office sure didn’t help things. It only made it worse 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Civilized and professional were already out the window, but electing a shyster, con man, reality tv personality to the highest office sure didn’t help things. It only made it worse 

7042F300-6761-452D-A252-803D4C28A460.jpeg

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

So you admit he’s a shyster and con man. Well that’s refreshing 

you want to read the over 200 good/great things Pres Trump accomplished?

come on. go for it.

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you want to read the over 200 good/great things Pres Trump accomplished?

come on. go for it.

I said shyster and con man. Someone else jumped to Trump

Just because he did some good things doesn’t make him a decent person. 

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well 149 looks like you got your wish. A career politician who never had an actual job in his life and look where we are. Congratulations

WSS

You are correct. And I have said before, They both suck

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

But like I've said before we should strive to vote on the stated or hinted at policies. And in that there is a clear difference. Speaking of shyster and or reality TV star I think some forget that Trump was successful and a celebrity before the apprentice. And remember how many American tax dollars we flushed down the toilet for zelensky who's qualifications to be president of an almost third world shithole are exactly what?

WSS

8 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

And let me repeat this again as far as qualifications: there is not a single man in America who is truly capable of running each and every aspect of a junior high school football team. Let alone a country the size of the usa.

WSS