THE BROWNS BOARD

Darmar Hamlin

5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Let’s make a business issue out it.

Even though they only played roughly 10% of a complete game, do the players get 10% of their game check?

Will the fans receive a 90% refund on their tickets?

How about ESPN? Do they only pay to the NFL 10% of their TV money?

What do you consider fair?

I’m happy the kid is recovering, but this decision has ripple effects throughout the league and media broadcasting.

Again, the NFL is going to have to put something in place to cover exactly this. I'm sure they will be discussing this in the off season. It's a tough pill to swallow for everyone. Fans who's teams were affected that had playoff implications, people who spent money on tickets. 

I'm never the one to stick up for the league, but you have to give them credit for having the personnel to handle Hamlin's situation as quickly as they did. 

55 minutes ago, Neo said:

Again, the NFL is going to have to put something in place to cover exactly this. I'm sure they will be discussing this in the off season. It's a tough pill to swallow for everyone. Fans who's teams were affected that had playoff implications, people who spent money on tickets. 

I'm never the one to stick up for the league, but you have to give them credit for having the personnel to handle Hamlin's situation as quickly as they did. 

And on a positive note, he was released from the hospital this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Both teams agreed they were not going to be playing football that night. Not sure what other option the league had. As far as not resuming the game, both teams agreed not to play so why not let the game end in a tie? They stopped play at 6:07 left in the 1st quarter, not enough time to declare a winner. If you want to make a political issue out of this, then I guess the leauge has to come up with a contingency plan for something like this and how the scheduling of games will be handled if this ever happens again.

They can do whatever they want I guess and you can be as mad as you want.  I frankly don't care beyond stating that I think the reaction was over the top .  Besides that it has absolutely nothing to do with politics this just happens to be the political board.  And I'm guessing you probably agree with me except to the fact that you're  obligated to act like a prick. In no other similar situation would anybody close down a multi billion dollar corporation.

By the way he just got released from the hospital a few minutes ago.

WSS

11 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

And now a silly CPR based on field celebration joins the N C and F word.

Yeah no overreaction here.

And to address a previous comment so now the league needs to have an entire protocol and place for when something like this happens? Something that's never happened before and likely not to ever happen again. Still I think the protocol was fine you sent out a team of doctors they take the guy into the locker room probably more and better medical supervision than any other situation anybody could ever have a heart attack in.

WSS