THE BROWNS BOARD

Darmar Hamlin

Buffalo Bills players and staff kneel together in solidarity after Damar Hamlin #3 sustained an injury during the first quarter of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paycor Stadium on January 2, 2023 in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Buffalo Bills players and staff kneel together in solidarity after Damar Hamlin #3 sustained an injury during the first quarter of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paycor Stadium on January 2, 2023 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images)

Buffalo Bills players react as teammate Damar Hamlin is examined during the first half of an NFL football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, in Cincinnati. 

Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.

CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:32 AM, Westside Steve said:

As unfortunate as it may be I think they might be overreacting by changing the course of a multi-billion dollar organization is overkill. Football is it dangerous physical and violent sport semicolon I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.

WSS

On 1/3/2023 at 11:03 AM, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:
Can CPR give you brain damage?  He received CPR for 9 minutes.

CPR partially reverses the ischaemia but it is not as effective as the heart, and cerebral perfusion pressure remains low until ROSC is achieved, at which point further reperfusion damage occurs. Brain damage can seriously impact the lives of survivors of CPR sometimes causing permanent disability.

That may vary on a case by case basis.   Outcomes will vary depending upon the individuals involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Feel free to post it wherever you want.

As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

WSS 

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Feel free to post it wherever you want.

As I said as sad as it is I still think the league is overreacting.

WSS 

This is one of the reasons I'm not a very friendly or sociable person. The outreach of support for this young man from all walks of life was the best thing I've seen in a long time. Who cares what the league does or thinks. Why can't some people just leave well enough alone?

10 hours ago, Neo said:

This is one of the reasons I'm not a very friendly or sociable person. The outreach of support for this young man from all walks of life was the best thing I've seen in a long time. Who cares what the league does or thinks. Why can't some people just leave well enough alone?

Frankly you did come here to bitch about it so there's that. I'm just saying that people die in even more tragic situations every hour. Probably every minute.

WSS

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

@Neo it is important to Steve that he has the worst take on every issue

A football player got hurt playing a violent and dangerous game. Yes it's sad. He seems like a decent guy. But It happens all the time to good people in other dangerous jobs.

Maybe you and Neo go out in the street with a can of gasoline and set yourselves ablaze to show the world your grief.

WSS

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, Neo said:

I'm disappointed that this has ended up here. Hamlin is just a guy who received probably a once in a lifetime injury. It was very scary, very sad and unfortunate. Pray that he gets better and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Your prayers were answered, it appears he will be ok.

I didn't pray for him, not because I was being a jerk, I just didn't pray for him.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I assume you don't watch any football then

You, really don't have to prove how much money mommy and daddy wasted on your Michigan experience with every post.

But we do sincerely appreciate the laughs.. 🤣

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Bro, you don't have to talk to me about how ridiculous religion is. 

That said, congrats on your edge lord response. You're a badass. 

I said something about how ridiculous religion is?

No, I was pointing out the hypocrisy that exists on your side using a touch of sarcasm. 

I'm sure you'll agree about the hypocrisy. No? Yes? Do I hear a maybe?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And the bottom line here remains the same despite unnecessary belligerence from neo and Woody.  The league overreacted to an unexpected injury. Nothing more, nothing less.

WSS

an understatement - league weighing likely social media outrage to its softer product on the field.

there is no convienence to overlook Darryl Stingley among countless other player injury statistics because the cell phone wasnt invented yet,

Im sure the Bengals and the Bills among the league money coffers  are pissed they couldnt replay the game.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes. I thought that was clear. 

WSS

Both teams agreed they were not going to be playing football that night. Not sure what other option the league had. As far as not resuming the game, both teams agreed not to play so why not let the game end in a tie? They stopped play at 6:07 left in the 1st quarter, not enough time to declare a winner. If you want to make a political issue out of this, then I guess the leauge has to come up with a contingency plan for something like this and how the scheduling of games will be handled if this ever happens again.

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

Both teams agreed they were not going to be playing football that night. Not sure what other option the league had. As far as not resuming the game, both teams agreed not to play so why not let the game end in a tie? They stopped play at 6:07 left in the 1st quarter, not enough time to declare a winner. If you want to make a political issue out of this, then I guess the leauge has to come up with a contingency plan for something like this and how the scheduling of games will be handled if this ever happens again.

Let’s make a business issue out it.

Even though they only played roughly 15% of a complete game, do the players get 15% of their game check?

Will the fans receive a 85% refund on their tickets?

How about ESPN? Do they only pay to the NFL 15% of their TV money?

What do you consider fair?

I’m happy the kid is recovering, but this decision has ripple effects throughout the league and media broadcasting.