THE BROWNS BOARD

And finally the OATH KEEPERS verdicts came out.  Mr Rose GUILTY on some big counts.

mjp28

And finally the OATH KEEPERS verdicts came out.  Mr Rose GUILTY on some big counts.

The mountains of proof got their days in the sunlight.   :D    

..... meanwhile FOX wasn't covering it,  no surprise there.

Nov. 29, 2022, 4:47 PM EST / Updated Nov. 29, 2022, 5:55 PM EST
By Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes

WASHINGTON — A federal jury in Washington on Tuesday found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and Kelly Meggs, another member of the far-right organization, guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a victory for the government in a case that involved a rarely-used Civil War era statute.

Three other members of the group who were on trial alongside Rhodes and Meggs — Jessica Watkins, Kenneth Harrelson and Thomas Caldwell — were found not guilty on the seditious conspiracy charge. All five defendants were found guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting for their actions on Jan. 6.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Rhodes' lawyer said Tuesday that he plans to appeal that conviction. 

The seditious conspiracy case is the most serious to grow out of the Justice Department's sprawling investigation into the U.S. Capitol attack. The two seditious conspiracy verdicts were wins for the department, which has brought forward the relatively rare charges against a number of Oath Keepers as well as members of the far-right Proud Boys.

The not guilty verdicts for three of the defendants could be seen as a sign that jurors did not think the Justice Department proved that Harrelson, Watkins, and Caldwell had planned ahead of time to storm the Capitol. Some of the most violent rhetoric presented by the government during the nearly two-month trial came from the two defendants who were found guilty of seditious conspiracy: Rhodes and Meggs. In evidence presented by the government, both men showed particular disdain for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and talked about their desire to do her violence.

All three defendants who physically went inside the Capitol on Jan. 6 — Meggs, Harrelson, and Watkins — were found guilty of conspiracy to prevent an officer from discharging their official duties. Rhodes and Caldwell were on Capitol grounds that day but did not go inside the building.

Watkins was also found guilty on a count of civil disorder and aiding and abetting because, as she admitted on the stand, she helped push against officers inside the Capitol. Caldwell, who was also found guilty of tampering with documents or proceedings and aiding and abetting, was the only one of the five who was not detained while awaiting trial. ----->  CONTINUED AT FREE, HONEST NEWS OUTLETS EVERYWHERE  ----->    🎄 

(I'm sure Mr Trump watched it too, just like he watched every minute of January 6th when it happened.   Just sayin'. )   :)

A few more  clips and quotes from those involved.

BREAKING NEWS
Updated 17 minutes ago

Two Oath Keepers, including founder, convicted of seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 case

Jurors found all five Oath Keepers on trial guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding in the most serious Jan. 6 case brought by the Justice Department so far.
Clockwise from top left: Jessica Watkins, Kelly Meggs, Stewart Rhodes, Kenneth Harrelson and Thomas Caldwell.Chelsea Stahl / NBC News; Getty Images; Court Documents

Link copied
  • SAVECreate your free profile or log in to save this article
Nov. 29, 2022, 4:47 PM EST / Updated Nov. 29, 2022, 5:55 PM EST
By Ryan J. Reilly and Daniel Barnes

WASHINGTON — A federal jury in Washington on Tuesday found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and Kelly Meggs, another member of the far-right organization, guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a victory for the government in a case that involved a rarely-used Civil War era statute.

Three other members of the group who were on trial alongside Rhodes and Meggs — Jessica Watkins, Kenneth Harrelson and Thomas Caldwell — were found not guilty on the seditious conspiracy charge. All five defendants were found guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting for their actions on Jan. 6.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Rhodes' lawyer said Tuesday that he plans to appeal that conviction.

1669760799826_n_wh_deadline_brk_rhodes_verdict_221129_1920x1080-0k7ezl.jpg

The seditious conspiracy case is the most serious to grow out of the Justice Department's sprawling investigation into the U.S. Capitol attack. The two seditious conspiracy verdicts were wins for the department, which has brought forward the relatively rare charges against a number of Oath Keepers as well as members of the far-right Proud Boys.

The not guilty verdicts for three of the defendants could be seen as a sign that jurors did not think the Justice Department proved that Harrelson, Watkins, and Caldwell had planned ahead of time to storm the Capitol. Some of the most violent rhetoric presented by the government during the nearly two-month trial came from the two defendants who were found guilty of seditious conspiracy: Rhodes and Meggs. In evidence presented by the government, both men showed particular disdain for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and talked about their desire to do her violence.

All three defendants who physically went inside the Capitol on Jan. 6 — Meggs, Harrelson, and Watkins — were found guilty of conspiracy to prevent an officer from discharging their official duties. Rhodes and Caldwell were on Capitol grounds that day but did not go inside the building.

Watkins was also found guilty on a count of civil disorder and aiding and abetting because, as she admitted on the stand, she helped push against officers inside the Capitol. Caldwell, who was also found guilty of tampering with documents or proceedings and aiding and abetting, was the only one of the five who was not detained while awaiting trial.

Stewart Rhodes  at the 'Stop the Steal' protest in AtlantaRhodes and Caldwell were on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, but did not go inside.Stewart Rhodes in Atlanta, on Nov. 21 2020.Alex Kent / Shutterstock

Opening statements in the trial began on Oct. 3, and the jury started deliberating on Nov. 22. Three of the defendants — Rhodes, Caldwell and Watkins — took the stand in their own defense, with Rhodes telling jurors it was "stupid" for Oath Keepers to go inside the Capitol.

Federal prosecutors alleged that the five defendants conspired to oppose the peaceful transfer of power from former President Donald Trump to President Joe Biden, but did not prove that there was a pre-coordinated plot to actually storm the U.S. Capitol. Instead, federal prosecutors alleged that those who entered the building — Meggs, Watkins and Harrelson — seized the opportunity when other rioters broke into the Capitol. One federal prosecutor told jurors that a "sense of entitlement" had driven the Oath Keepers to storm the building, while another argued that the defendants "took matters out of the hands of the people, and put rifles into their own hands."

"They claimed to wrap themselves in the Constitution. They trampled it instead. They claimed to be saving the Republic, but they fractured it instead," Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler argued.

Members of the Oath Keepers organized a "quick reaction force" at a hotel in Virginia, which one prosecution witness testified contained the most weapons he'd seen in one place since his military days. Caldwell stayed at the "QRF" hotel and met with Oath Keepers near Trump's speech in Washington on Jan. 6 before going to the Capitol with his wife, where they went to the top of the inauguration platform set up on the west side of the Capitol.

A courtroom sketch of the Oath Keepers trial opening arguments.Oath Keepers trial opening arguments on Oct. 3.Bill Hennessy

Another Oath Keeper who pleaded guilty to a nonseditious conspiracy charge gave prosecutors some of their strongest testimony during the trial, telling jurors that he was prepared to die to keep Trump in office. Jason Dolan testified that he was ready to "conquer or die" and potentially "take up arms" to fight on Trump's behalf.

Another Oath Keeper who cooperated with the government, Graydon Young, testified that he thought he was part of a "Bastille-type moment," referring to the storming of the fortress and political prison in Paris during the French Revolution era, in 1789.

"I guess I was acting like a traitor against my own government," Young testified.

8 minutes ago, Vambo said:

guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a victory for the government in a case that involved a rarely-used Civil War era statute.

Yes very old and rarely if ever used.... unless you're dumb enough to march on our Capitol  under the guidance and planning of our outgoing president and tear apart doors, windows,  whatever to ...... well we all saw it on TV with all of their pictures right there.

As many said later (from jail)  it was stupid.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes very old and rarely if ever used.... unless you're dumb enough to march on our Capitol  under the guidance and planning of our outgoing president and tear apart doors, windows,  whatever to ...... well we all saw it on TV with all of their pictures right there.

Yes we did...

Actually I thought more of those OATH KEEPERS  (or I guess a big boys gang so you can dress up and play with army stuff)  didn't get convinced on more charges.

And the jury did a thorough AND FAIR job on the mountains of good evidence.  They were fair with the guilty verdicts.   And it takes a looooong time to do a case like this one.  I'm sure we're all a bit tired of all this nonsense  ..... but it is important to our country  to get it right.  

Oh well and now the appeals  BUT  the evidence is huge and they (and their lawyers)  know it.  Get ready for the pleas next !

12 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

What I thought they were just a bunch of tourists? 

Oh yeah, I heard that one too with their bear spray and other military toys ...... a must when you're in  DC.   :lol:

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Actually I thought more of those OATH KEEPERS  (or I guess a big boys gang so you can dress up and play with army stuff)  didn't get convinced on more charges.

And the jury did a thorough AND FAIR job on the mountains of good evidence.  They were fair with the guilty verdicts.   And it takes a looooong time to do a case like this one.  I'm sure we're all a bit tired of all this nonsense  ..... but it is important to our country  to get it right.  

Oh well and now the appeals  BUT  the evidence is huge and they (and their lawyers)  know it.  Get ready for the pleas next !

Okay mike, you're not nuts like some of these guys so.. without looking something up tell me what is the mountain of evidence and in plain english, and your own language, what do these guys do that endangered our form of government? Just give me something that would separate this series of charges from what the Spanish would have called heresy at one time.

WSS

• Like 1

Oh well on to other fun political chit-chat.    At the end of the day we all can still be friends.  

Oh the wife made some homemade turkey soup, I haven't tried it yet can't wait ......

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Okay mike, you're not nuts like some of these guys so.. without looking something up tell me what is the mountain of evidence and in plain english, and your own language, what do these guys do that endangered our form of government? Just give me something that would separate this series of charges from what the Spanish would have called heresy at one time.

WSS

I'll get right on it  .....  after I eat,  ohhh fresh rolls and real butter.   Mmm-mmm. 

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah, I heard that one too with their bear spray and other military toys ...... a must when you're in  DC.   :lol:

DC Homicide Count Hits 200 and Highest Point in 18 Years

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/dc-gun-violence/dc-homicide-count-hits-200-and-highest-point-in-18-years/2886843/  :(

Washington D.C. sees recent increase in cases of violent crime

https://cnsmaryland.org/2022/04/19/washington-d-c-sees-recent-increase-in-cases-of-violent-crime/  :(

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Cool story Mike…now do the Antifa or BLM riots peaceful protests.

Oh yeah the  "let's go out and see how much cool stuff we can grab"  peaceful protests.

I think it disgusting how  "certain people " can turn shoplifting into a free for all ....... so bad that so many legitimate stores just close up.   And then the same areas now have NO drug stores,  food stores and many more just   G-O-N-E   for good.

Way to go you thugs,  ruin it for everyone.    (want a list of cities?)   

19 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

You obviously never lived in DC........

Well I haven't been to DC in awhile but I think police grade pepper spray would do and not grizzly bear grade spray.

And I don't think you need the American Flag poles sharpened like spears or other such devices to go to our Capitol, it was a quiet beautiful place the last time i visited there  -or- the Washington Monument  -or-  the Lincoln Memorial  -or-  the Smithsonian, etc, etc, etc.

We didn't wear out military helmets,  goggles,  body armor, etc, etc, etc like these idiots wore to do battle with the Washington Police Department personnel who are dressed and armed like glorified parking lot attendees NOT the 82nd Airborne.  These "visitors"  the ones with the Trump flags and shirts were there to cause trouble and do damage.  Done and recorded.

They got their wish now they have attorneys in front of a judge to explain everything.   GOOD LUCK with that especially since it is ALL on video tape and seen all over the USA and the world.  Mountains of damming evidence seen by all of us.  "Hang Mike Pence",  "where's Nancy? "  and a few others........

And now the results  GUILTY, GUILTY,  GUILTY, not guilty, GUILTY and so on..... 

And I'm watching their mug shots on TV right now as I'm typing this.  ♥︎ They're talking about the sentencing guidelines right now.

YEAH just visitors having a peaceful time in DC,   who said that ?   Right, we know that answer to that one.

Oh well, juris prudence at work.  I'll be glad when this is over im sure many of you are too.   

Next topic.  

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

You watch too much TV then.

Yeah my wife says that a lot.

I did get hooked on the 1/6 stuff I'm almost glad they ARE going to actually wrap that stuff up.....pretty soon.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah my wife says that a lot.

I did get hooked on the 1/6 stuff I'm almost glad they ARE going to actually wrap that stuff up.....pretty soon.

They’re wrapping it up because the Dims lost control of the House, and I’m glad they are.

There’s more important things to do.

20 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

They’re wrapping it up because the Dims lost control of the House, and I’m glad they are.

There’s more important things to do.

YES .  there are a host of important things to do like making sure that the US GOVERNMENT can pay it's own bills and keep running  ...... that always amazed me on how they have to legislate enough $$$$$ to keep the wealthiest country on earth still running. 

And a slew of other important items to be done before the Christmas 🎄 break.   Like making sure your kids have enough lunch $ money in school.

And all of the meetings with foreign dignitaries like Macron and Biden ...... on right now.   

On 11/30/2022 at 9:51 AM, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah the  "let's go out and see how much cool stuff we can grab"  peaceful protests.

I think it disgusting how  "certain people " can turn shoplifting into a free for all ....... so bad that so many legitimate stores just close up.   And then the same areas now have NO drug stores,  food stores and many more just   G-O-N-E   for good.

Way to go you thugs,  ruin it for everyone.    (want a list of cities?)   

Since you're on roll with your lists...why don't you list all the leftwing misconduct that had gone unreported by CNN, NBC, CBS.

On 11/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, mjp28 said:

It's stupid to be charged with sedition.

Are you even familiar with the left wing anti-government group Weather Underground founded by Obama protégé Bill Ayers?

You know, the group who actually did plant a bomb at the Capital and in other buildings.

None of it's members were charged with sedition.

How about Timothy McVeigh, an outspoken ant-government radical responsible for the Oklahoma City Federal Building bombing.

If I recall, he wasn't charged with sedition.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:18 AM, cccjwh said:

Cult members have all the excuses out today. Wel,l they can't use "nobody charged/convicted of seditious" anymore, but they still have the #whataboutism Aunty Tifa. I guess you guys are too stupid to understand the difference between seditious and vandalism. 

The difference is that the end result of the vandalism that took place was way worse.

Sedition can be expressed in mere words, non-violent protests or anti-government writing. Prosecution for sedition is common in communist nations or dictatorships.

So let's now implement this antiquated law because you know...Trump.

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward rebellion against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent toward, or insurrection against, established authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interest of sedition.

Keep in mind that's the reason freedom of most speech was added to the constitution. Before that anyone who talked about being unhappy with the government in place was arrested for sedition murdered businesses burned down etc etc and of course the printing press smashed to bits by British soldiers.

Today the Democrats* are the British soldiers. So anyone crying about the Constitution can just, well, blow me.

WSS

* liberals Trump haters General assholes

• Upvote 3