THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns CB Denzel Ward on DC Joe Woods: He's a Great Coordinator

DieHardBrownsFan1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

What else is Ward going to say?  He responded like a pro.  And if you want to read into it, he did say it wasn't all Joe's fault.  

It's all Joe's fault :P

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:27 PM, Orion said:

What else is Ward going to say?  He responded like a pro.  And if you want to read into it, he did say it wasn't all Joe's fault.  

True; but he did say he's a "great Coordinator."   Ward timed that perfectly right after I attacked his missing leadership quality this year within the $100,000,000 contract's unwritten expectation.  Nikes don't taste too bad when I put my home-made chicken wing sauce on them. 

I know people are frustrated with Joe Woods (me included in the areas he can control); but I liked that 1 of the players stepped up here with a comment like that to remind the rest of the guys "there's still 7 games left and this isn't going the be THE excuse to quit."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Flugel said:

True; but he did say he's a "great Coordinator."   Ward timed that perfectly right after I attacked his missing leadership quality this year within the $100,000,000 contract's unwritten expectation.  Nikes don't taste too bad when I put my home-made chicken wing sauce on them. 

I know people are frustrated with Joe Woods (me included in the areas he can control); but I liked that 1 of the players stepped up here with a comment like that to remind the rest of the guys "there's still 7 games left and this isn't going the be THE excuse to quit."

Makes me wonder if Ward was being cheeky when he said "Great Coordinator"... Maybe he means coordinating his socks and underwear?

• Haha 2

The ironic thing about Ward's comment is since he said it isn't the DC's fault that the defense sucks turkey balls, then it has to be the players he's coaching.... can't have it both ways.

It's either one or the other, or even both, but since he said it isn't a Woods' issue, then he only needs to look in the mirror to find the problem. 

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

The ironic thing about Ward's comment is since he said it isn't the DC's fault that the defense sucks turkey balls, then it has to be the players he's coaching.... can't have it both ways.

It's either one or the other, or even both, but since he said it isn't a Woods' issue, then he only needs to look in the mirror to find the problem. 

Makes perfect sense to me D Bone.  Unfortunately, the only thing he probably sees in the mirror is the Browns gave him a $100,000,000 contract = his perception they really need his ass. 

Under scholarship at Ohio State, it was the other way around.  I could be wrong here; but I think Ward had to wait until the guy ahead of him got drafted in the first round before it was his turn to start (unlike starting immediately in Cleveland as a #4 overall pick).  Ohio State is always so well organized that players at all positions CAN be replaced by equal talent.  My God, Marvin Harrison's chip off the Ole Block had to wait until Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson were drafted in the 1st round before getting his 1st chance to start for a full season. 

At college, the scholarship had him by the jock strap.  In Cleveland, he knows he can hold the Dumb and Dumber sequel hostage any time he feels like being a brat.  That's the whole circuit he has power over from Haslem to Legally Blind to the Coordinator.  The Coordinator in this one is the equivalent of a Broom Closet Supervisor in Corporate America.  He doesn't make decisions - they're made for him (ie; FO devaluing DTs to play in front of their preferred lighter/leaner LBers that consistently wear offensive linemen vrs teams running the ball all over our D).