THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Dolphins

Orion

11 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I don't know about all of that, but I do know that this team is suffering. I am not going to pretend to know the fix, the jury is in on Depodesta/Stefanski/Woods.

This combination is a loser. If they were working on a system and making progress I could understand being patient. However, there is not one single, solid characteristic or aspect of this team that any of us could say is solid.

Continuity is important, but this is shit leadership. There is no point in continuing with the current leadership. 

Continuity is important if you’re winning.

If you are constantly underachieving then continuity means nothing

19 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I don't know about all of that, but I do know that this team is suffering. I am not going to pretend to know the fix, the jury is in on Depodesta/Stefanski/Woods.

This combination is a loser. If they were working on a system and making progress I could understand being patient. However, there is not one single, solid characteristic or aspect of this team that any of us could say is solid.

Continuity is important, but this is shit leadership. There is no point in continuing with the current leadership. 

It's strange that a team comes out of a BYE after a big win and looks like they have no heart.

I'm wondering if Stefanski pulled Jedrick Wills to send a message, or if the guy is hurt. It's not on one guy, but holy hell has Wills looked horrible. 

There's things about Stefanski I like, but I think his days are numbered. If they can him, please don't do a retread.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Nope.  The problem is Haslam.

You said all the same things about Rob Chudzinski; then again about Hue Jackson; then again about Gregg Williams, then again about Freddie Kitchens, and now again about Kevin Stefanski.   

For a guy that REALLY wants to find the problem - you're really working your ass off to avoid what's been right in front of you the whole time. 

I watched the game in Munich today on television. Do you know what the worst part of that was?  They're going to have an NFL Team and owner that understands how to win way sooner than Hollow-dome Haslam.  That was about the only thing I was sure of today. 

So, this outcome wasn't really a surprise.  The Dolphins have some good receivers.  We were going to have to consistently pressure the QB to have a chance.  We could not do that.  So we lost.  We weren't going to be able to boat-race anyone with a backup QB.  Brissette wasn't bad, again, but he's not going to be able to carry a team.  We know/knew that.  

This season, without a starting QB, was always going to require our D to play well.  And they're not playing well enough.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

No, on THIS, I am 100% Dead on.

Simply name me one, just one of the fucktard head coaches, or players who we released that have gone on to make the Browns look bad? Who is it that we released that has gone on to success?

Haslam is NOT the problem. He is the owner. He doesn't play, call plays, draft or select players.

This is ALL, unequivocally, 100% on the shoulders of Kevin Stefanski.

HASLAM hired all of the Head Coaches you've complained about back to back to back to back to back.  

IMO, it all starts at the top.  For example, the New England Patriots are owned by Robert Kraft.  The Head Coach Kraft hired was Bill Belichick.  They have won 6 Super Bowl rings together.

Eddie DeBartolo hired Bill Walsh as his Head Coach.  Bill Walsh went on to win 6 NFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl Titles.  That carried over to George Seifert who also won 2 Super Bowl Titles.

Art Rooney hired Chuck Noll as his Head Coach.  Chuck Noll went on to win 4 Super Bowl Titles.  The Rooney family has won 2 more Super Bowls since then - and lost 2.  

Aside from multiple Super Bowl Championships, what do all of those organizations have in common?  Hall of Fame QBs: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw.

Jack Kent Cooke hired Joe Gibbs as his Head Coach. Joe Gibbs went on to win 3 Super Bowls with Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien.  What happened as soon as Daniel Snyder became the owner?  

To be the franchise you want us to be - the upgrade needed is indeed the OWNER.  Today, we're at the mercy of Jimmy Haslam's hiring criteria or lack thereof.  Because of this, you're not going to get the type of game changer needed at the Head Coaching spot.  Even worse, but as usual, you're probably not even going to get an upgrade over Jimmy's last HC choice that needed to be fired.  A guy like Sean Payton won't walk his career out to the edge of a plank for Haslam when/if better owners want him.  No reason to.

Believe it or not, I think you're an intelligent guy; but your frustration level wants the problem to be as easy as Haslam firing another Head Coach. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

No, on THIS, I am 100% Dead on.

Simply name me one, just one of the fucktard head coaches, or players who we released that have gone on to make the Browns look bad? Who is it that we released that has gone on to success?

Haslam is NOT the problem. He is the owner. He doesn't play, call plays, draft or select players.

This is ALL, unequivocally, 100% on the shoulders of Kevin Stefanski.

If his hands are tied? It is because he lacks a cock, he lacks balls. He protects his salary by letting himself be feminized.

Haslam is not up for debate. He is not going anywhere and IF he is to become a smart, non-mettling owner, it will be by the hand of a balls-to-the-wall leader, and HC whi IS a leader.

Bill Cowher would not listen to Haslam, Depo or anyone else if it meant putting an effeminate Gen-X, spineless team like this on the field.

There IS a HC ca dilate out there who can right this ship....but it fucking ain't someone known to the masses.

Somewhere, there is a candidate with his own ethics, morals and style, maybe a small college guy, who knows how to lead men into war.

No player on this team respects Kevin Stefanski. No player has faith in him.

I know of no great leader in business, war or sports who was not a trouble maker, he'll raiser, innovator, and instigator.

Complaining about the owner is like complaining about your wife's pussy. Good like changing that.

I only have 2 issues with Stefanski. First, he needs to fire Woods. It needs to be done. He needs to signal to those players and coaches on defense that their performance has not been good enough. The other issue I have is that I would like to see some more fire on some of these flags that are ridiculous during the game. Work the refs. His offense is fine, he has made Brisset at times look like a quality starter. The offense hasn't been the problem. If the defense played every week like they didn against Cinci and the Ravens we would have about 5 or 6 wins. They have failed miserably.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Nope.  The problem is Haslam.

You said all the same things about Rob Chudzinski; then again about Hue Jackson; then again about Gregg Williams, then again about Freddie Kitchens, and now again about Kevin Stefanski.   

For a guy that REALLY wants to find the problem - you're really working your ass off to avoid what's been right in front of you the whole time. 

I watched the game in Munich today on television. Do you know what the worst part of that was?  They're going to have an NFL Team and owner that understands how to win way sooner than Hollow-dome Haslam.  That was about the only thing I was sure of today. 

I blame Haslam for firing people too quickly, like the previous regime did. You have to give coaches time etc. I think Haslam is beginning to learn that but we will see. Stefanski or maybe even Haslam needs to fire Woods. With 2 weeks to prepare that was a sh!t show.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

We should've traded him when we had a chance...

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

HASLAM hired all of the Head Coaches you've complained about back to back to back to back to back.  

IMO, it all starts at the top.  For example, the New England Patriots are owned by Robert Kraft.  The Head Coach Kraft hired was Bill Belichick.  They have won 6 Super Bowl rings together.

Eddie DeBartolo hired Bill Walsh as his Head Coach.  Bill Walsh went on to win 6 NFC Championships and 3 Super Bowl Titles.  That carried over to George Seifert who also won 2 Super Bowl Titles.

Art Rooney hired Chuck Noll as his Head Coach.  Chuck Noll went on to win 4 Super Bowl Titles.  The Rooney family has won 2 more Super Bowls since then - and lost 2.  

Aside from multiple Super Bowl Championships, what do all of those organizations have in common?  Hall of Fame QBs: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw.

Jack Kent Cooke hired Joe Gibbs as his Head Coach. Joe Gibbs went on to win 3 Super Bowls with Joe Theismann, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien.  What happened as soon as Daniel Snyder became the owner?  

To be the franchise you want us to be - the upgrade needed is indeed the OWNER.  Today, we're at the mercy of Jimmy Haslam's hiring criteria or lack thereof.  Because of this, you're not going to get the type of game changer needed at the Head Coaching spot.  Even worse, but as usual, you're probably not even going to get an upgrade over Jimmy's last HC choice that needed to be fired.  A guy like Sean Payton won't walk his career out to the edge of a plank for Haslam when/if better owners want him.  No reason to.

Believe it or not, I think you're an intelligent guy; but your frustration level wants the problem to be as easy as Haslam firing another Head Coach. 

Some rationality after a not so surprising loss. FNIA showed how the Dolphins have the ideal playmakers to counter our zone defense. Offensively I was surprised they countered our run game so well however. Whether we like it or not Stefanski gets at least one full year with Watson, and Haslam won't undermine him by pressuring him to change DC's mid season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, runyon27 said:
7 hours ago, Flugel said:

I blame Haslam for firing people too quickly, like the previous regime did. You have to give coaches time etc. I think Haslam is beginning to learn that

I agree, except he gave Hue too much time.  He was awful.  At least now he's got a former coach of the year, so ya can't just up and fire that guy or he'd look like a complete idiot.  

11 hours ago, Orion said:

So, this outcome wasn't really a surprise.  The Dolphins have some good receivers.  We were going to have to consistently pressure the QB to have a chance.  We could not do that.  So we lost.  We weren't going to be able to boat-race anyone with a backup QB.  Brissette wasn't bad, again, but he's not going to be able to carry a team.  We know/knew that.  

This season, without a starting QB, was always going to require our D to play well.  And they're not playing well enough.  

What struck me most about this game, is how terrible our O-line looked. Apparently they stacked the box the majority of plays, and that's all it takes to nullify our offense. Not just rushing, but passing too. Then just run it up the gut when you get the ball, and you have a foolproof game plan against us. Sure that is personell related in part, but the coaching seems to make things worse, rather than better.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Again, the owner isn't up for trade. 

Unfortunately, this is true.  However, that doesn't change the biggest problem - it only makes it worse. 

You committed 2 threads this week to DePodesta being the biggest problem before you went right back to all we have to do is fire Stefanski.  Who hired BOTH guys?  The owner. The owner hired both of those decisions you've complained about this week. 

And if you go back to the timeline of hires, do you know what else he did?  He hired the Head Coach (Stefanski) 2 weeks before he hired his GM/FO guy (Andrew Berry).  Isn't it usually advisable to have your FO guy sitting in on the Head Coach interviews so you can make sure you are hiring a compatible philosophy?   Stefanski was DePodesta's guy not Berry's, which has me wondering if there's another Civil War brewing in the FO of Haslam's business like it did when Dorsey concluded Haslam's business plan putting DePodesta on a pedestal is a dumpster fire with no end in sight.

In the meantime, if firing the symptoms of this problem is all our fans want to see - Haslam loves doing that.  He'll get the scent off the real problem by giving the scapegoat the walking papers.  Practice makes perfect with that.  It'll even generate some temporary excitement before we learn that an upgrade wasn't hired or, like Runyan said, wasn't given enough time to succeed/be that upgrade.  Am I right or wrong with what has happened every single time under Haslam's rule here?  Aren't you usually the very 1st guy protesting the choice of Head Coach the Browns just hired?  That's Haslam you're protesting each and every time even if it isn't convenient to this conversation right now.

You're right though - we can't trade or fire the owner.  But we CAN stop blaming everybody but Haslam for where this franchise is today. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

What struck me most about this game, is how terrible our O-line looked. Apparently they stacked the box the majority of plays, and that's all it takes to nullify our offense. Not just rushing, but passing too. Then just run it up the gut when you get the ball, and you have a foolproof game plan against us. Sure that is personell related in part, but the coaching seems to make things worse, rather than better.  

Or, how much a DT like Christian Wilkins can dominate the line of scrimmage to eliminate an elite running game. He did that for Clemson when they won a National Championship.  I wish our FO valued that position too.  On top of that, can you get a better matchup for your defense than Bradley Chubb on a disinterested Jedrick Wills?  That was pitiful.  This investment our FO made will be responsible for the blind side of our 230 million $ QB.  

I'm not going to complain about the rest of our OL too much; because they've been pretty consistent at working well together this year (despite working around injuries).  I will say, we just witnessed the difference between a playoff team and a team looking for a pulse...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Or, how much a DT like Christian Wilkins can dominate the line of scrimmage to eliminate an elite running game. He did that for Clemson when they won a National Championship.  I wish our FO valued that position too.  On top of that, can you get a better matchup for your defense than Bradley Chubb on a disinterested Jedrick Wills?  That was pitiful.  This investment our FO made will be responsible for the blind side of our 230 million $ QB.  

I'm not going to complain about the rest of our OL too much; because they've been pretty consistent at working well together this year (despite working around injuries).  I will say, we just witnessed the difference between a playoff team and a team looking for a pulse...

Wilkins and Raekwon Davis both dominated the interior of the Browns rush attempts. Sure would love to see Jordan Davis in the middle of the Browns' dline to do the same things.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/11/13/23456302/brownies-frownies-dolphins-dominate-browns-for-39-17-win

"Defensive tackles - Did anybody up the middle ever make a stop? In reviewing some plays, every single DT for the Browns was manhandled and moved out of harm’s way. Seriously. A great example was with 4:39 left in the second quarter. Off the snap, Tommy Toigai was engaged and moved aside by LG Robert Hunt. Jordan Elliott had no answer for being pushed by RG Robert Jones. The center Connor Williams took out MLB Deion Jones and suddenly this alleyway formed reminisce of the Israelites fleeing the Pharaoh. Wilson popped off a 13-yard run before the secondary had to make yet another tackle. Taven Bryan and Roderick Perry must have graduated from the same “let’s be blocked out of the way” camp because holes were created up the gut all day."

NFL: Cleveland Browns at Miami Dolphins
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Wow.  Anyone have any thoughts about this?

D9E63058-01F7-405F-B80D-57256A63E646.jpeg

It's not meant to be cryptic like most want to believe. 

So because the meaning is "open ended", fans will ascribe their own take to Myles' words.  

If you don't like Joe Woods, then in their minds it'll be about him.

If you don't like Stef, then in their minds it'll be about him.  

Pretty easy to gauge how your question will be answered. 

He obviously meant something by it or he wouldn't have said it.... it didn't accidently fall out of his mouth. Now what that something is, only Myles knows. 

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Unfortunately, this is true.  However, that doesn't change the biggest problem - it only makes it worse. 

You committed 2 threads this week to DePodesta being the biggest problem before you went right back to all we have to do is fire Stefanski.  Who hired BOTH guys?  The owner. The owner hired both of those decisions you've complained about this week. 

And if you go back to the timeline of hires, do you know what else he did?  He hired the Head Coach (Stefanski) 2 weeks before he hired his GM/FO guy (Andrew Berry).  Isn't it usually advisable to have your FO guy sitting in on the Head Coach interviews so you can make sure you are hiring a compatible philosophy?   Stefanski was DePodesta's guy not Berry's, which has me wondering if there's another Civil War brewing in the FO of Haslam's business like it did when Dorsey concluded Haslam's business plan putting DePodesta on a pedestal is a dumpster fire with no end in sight.

In the meantime, if firing the symptoms of this problem is all our fans want to see - Haslam loves doing that.  He'll get the scent off the real problem by giving the scapegoat the walking papers.  Practice makes perfect with that.  It'll even generate some temporary excitement before we learn that an upgrade wasn't hired or, like Runyan said, wasn't given enough time to succeed/be that upgrade.  Am I right or wrong with what has happened every single time under Haslam's rule here?  Aren't you usually the very 1st guy protesting the choice of Head Coach the Browns just hired?  That's Haslam you're protesting each and every time even if it isn't convenient to this conversation right now.

You're right though - we can't trade or fire the owner.  But we CAN stop blaming everybody but Haslam for where this franchise is today. 

So your plan is to just keep everybody and keep sucking?... Hell no man... All these bastards have to go... Owner included... They can take this shit show and dump it in Lake Fucking Erie!. Do you honestly think DW is gonna bail these idiots out?... So were gonna keep everybody just to find out we still suck next season? Thats no way to run a business with any long term continuity you might wish to imagine..... So... no draft picks, A QB who sat on his dupa for 2 years is gonna fix this shit?... You're dreaming dude!!.. This shitass team needs an overhaul in the worst way... And you want to stick with these bozos?... I want whatever drugs your on bro... LOL...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

So your plan is to just keep everybody and keep sucking?... Hell no man... All these bastards have to go... Owner included... 

Does it look like I want to keep seeing this team suck?  Believe it or not, I can work with some of your points Nicks.  

If we could get rid of the owner first and foremost; then I'd be in favor of firing all bad coaches and FO people.  And why?  Because hiring upgrades would finally be possible. 

• Upvote 1

Dolphins opening drive scripts as follows.

101 - 7 step drop off 14 Fake from single back.  2 man switch/scissor with the HB on a delay flat.

102 - 23 Split zone from gun 

103 - 18 toss off misdirection/ghost from Tyreek 

104 - HB Swing from motion with a two man hitch/settle in front of it.  Just another extension of the running game

105 - X reduced split, out at the sticks. Denzel stopped it short.   First quick throw of the opening play script

106 - 12 dive on 4th and short

107 - 28 outside zone fake,  5 step drop on a middle field read.  Vertical, read, vertical.   3 man pattern

108 - 22 power off a motion from the F to kick out the strongside edge

109 - 2 back on a split zone for another 11 yards

110 - Strong side RPO off a split zone look.   Tua just takes his little check flat and the H turns it upfield for a TD.  3 man pattern

So that's 

- PA vertical, run, run, run extension, short throw, run, PA vertical, run, run, PA check down.

75% of the opening script throws were off 7 man protection from play action. 

My quote -  " So, will MIA stay true to what they are? I'd like to think so, at least in a more stubborn approach.   So I'd expect heavy play action and a great deal of 2/3 man concepts from them.  Our backers and DB's still have to respect their running game because, even though we had a decent week against CIN, we're still weak IDL.  Would be wise for the Dolphins to come out and show hands - bluff run, then ball action, ball action, ball action"

MIA coaching staff might as well have been in discord with me.  Their opening play call sequence went almost exactly as I typed out.    And we've taken another bottom 10 ranked running game and bumped it up a few notches.     There's only so much these coaches can do, and that's the truth. Also I see why Taki can't wear the green dot,  he gets too lost in the action in front of him and lets bodies cross his face he is responsible for picking up.

edit:  The Fins split zone RPO game is exactly the wrinkle I'm expecting Stef and the coaching staff to involve next season.  It's something Houston ran with Watson and it was effective.  McDaniels has taken those same concepts to Miami and made them work a treat with Tua as well.   Who, by the way, despite looking 'reborn' this season, still has some moments where I question his viability as a franchise QB.   

8 hours ago, nickers said:

So were gonna keep everybody just to find out we still suck next season? Thats no way to run a business with any long term continuity

We're losing sight of 'The Plan'.

A little over a year ago, the organization decided that they had to upgrade the QB in order to win a championship.  And a supposed 'elite' QB was coming available.....but he might have to serve a suspension that could be lengthy enough to thwart the QB position for the '22 season.  They decided that they wanted to go the Rams' route and get a proven NFL star QB over trading up in the draft for a '22 or '23 draft pick crap shoot again.  

THAT'S THE DEAL HERE  -  It was never about the '22 season.  Their franchise QB was bought for the '23 season.  The organization wasn't going to give up on the '22 season...they would try to find the 'best fit' QB for the task of placeholder...and perhaps even have a decent season culminating in Watson getting on the field in the latter part of the season and getting used to his new offense....and maybe even backing into the playoffs.    - Funny thing was though, the placeholder QB did a pretty nice job.  Kept the int's to a minimum...........Unfortunately, the defense turned out to be performing worse than expected, such that the '22 season playoffs ain't happenin'.

I'm pretty sure that this gang gets the '23 season to show what they can do with the new franchise QB.   That doesn't mean that Woods and/or Preifer doesn't get fired however.  Of course, between now and then, Berry has got some work to do with the defense...right up the middle......

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Orion said:

We're losing sight of 'The Plan'.

A little over a year ago, the organization decided that they had to upgrade the QB in order to win a championship.  And a supposed 'elite' QB was coming available.....but he might have to serve a suspension that could be lengthy enough to thwart the QB position for the '22 season.  They decided that they wanted to go the Rams' route and get a proven NFL star QB over trading up in the draft for a '22 or '23 draft pick crap shoot again.  

THAT'S THE DEAL HERE  -  It was never about the '22 season.  Their franchise QB was bought for the '23 season.  The organization wasn't going to give up on the '22 season...they would try to find the 'best fit' QB for the task of placeholder...and perhaps even have a decent season culminating in Watson getting on the field in the latter part of the season and getting used to his new offense....and maybe even backing into the playoffs.    - Funny thing was though, the placeholder QB did a pretty nice job.  Kept the int's to a minimum...........Unfortunately, the defense turned out to be performing worse than expected, such that the '22 season playoffs ain't happenin'.

I'm pretty sure that this gang gets the '23 season to show what they can do with the new franchise QB.   That doesn't mean that Woods and/or Preifer doesn't get fired however.  Of course, between now and then, Berry has got some work to do with the defense...right up the middle......

Sorry dude but this defense isn't gonna be magically fixed in one off season... We need bigger,faster LBer's... We need a secondary that does not spend half its time on IR.. we need an interior D line that does not get manhandled by scrub players.. And a DC who isn't namby pamby passive like this ass hat is...And lastly... A guy who sat on his Dupa the last couple of years is not gonna save this shit...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nickers said:

We need bigger,faster LBer's

It's hard to find the two traits in one guy.

We noticed this right off the bat with their drafting of Tony Fields and JOK.  They were targeting speed at LB'er.  Catering to the NFL as a passing league.  Some of us were mildly concerned whether we would be able to stop the run well enough.  Now, with our neglected interior DLine being exposed as swinging gates, the LB'ers are having trouble with blockers coming at them.  And it's horrendous when Clowney is out.

JOK has been out of late and Anthony Walker was/is a major loss to the run D.

Now, I said that the IDL was neglected...which is technically not true.  They drafted the guys that are starting.  And the theory was that THIS was going to be their year to show their value.  And it has.  They're backups.  -  Back to the drawing board.

....I'm going to add Tia's guy Winfrey here.  Berry just drafted him.  I haven't liked him since held out on signing his contract.  Everybody else signed relatively quickly.  But not him.  And he's a 4th rounder.  I don't like that attitude from a guy who's never played a down in the NFL.   He was a healthy scratch again and one of the guys on The Fan radio said that it was disciplinary.   The dope!  And we needed him to be a good addition to the IDL!  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

It's hard to find the two traits in one guy.

We noticed this right off the bat with their drafting of Tony Fields and JOK.  They were targeting speed at LB'er.  Catering to the NFL as a passing league.  Some of us were mildly concerned whether we would be able to stop the run well enough.  Now, with our neglected interior DLine being exposed as swinging gates, the LB'ers are having trouble with blockers coming at them.  And it's horrendous when Clowney is out.

JOK has been out of late and Anthony Walker was/is a major loss to the run D.

Now, I said that the IDL was neglected...which is technically not true.  They drafted the guys that are starting.  And the theory was that THIS was going to be their year to show their value.  And it has.  They're backups.  -  Back to the drawing board.

....I'm going to add Tia's guy Winfrey here.  Berry just drafted him.  I haven't liked him since held out on signing his contract.  Everybody else signed relatively quickly.  But not him.  And he's a 4th rounder.  I don't like that attitude from a guy who's never played a down in the NFL.   He was a healthy scratch again and one of the guys on The Fan radio said that it was disciplinary.   The dope!  And we needed him to be a good addition to the IDL!  

I get this feeling Perrion Winfrey is addicted to drugs... He acts like a goofball

Went back to watch how the Steelers and jets did it. 

It's funny because the opening drive from MIa v PIT was damn near the same as it was against the Browns. The misdirection and RPO the dolphins mix in means that when the Steelers dialed up their early down fire pressures (3 deep, 3 under) MIA was ready with a hard counter.  Exactly the same thing happened against CLE.   Difference between the Steelers got away from those looks earlier, Cam Heyward showed up with some well timed redzone stops and the dolphins were forced to kick field goals the entire 2nd half. 

The Browns and Woods got way from those fire looks a little too late. And then when we went to man coverage, we just weren't up to the task for our DBs and LB's to hold up.  Toss in the lack of pressure at Tua's face...  it hurts to watch.  

The Jets on the other hand did a good job getting pressure across the entire defensive front and mixed up their looks well because of that. The MIA running game wasn't allowed to compliment because the NYJ linebackers did a good job getting into gaps and getting TFL, TFNG.  And the Jets DBs had a good day collectively.  

I know I've said this before, after the Jets played week 2 and the Browns game week 3, but holy shit is sauce gardner good. If I had a vote, he'd be getting a pro bowl nod from me as a rookie.  Champ Bailey is my favorite corner, the guy had it all - size, wingspan, speed, quickness, strength, technique and I.Q.     Sauce has the early makings of looking like Champ 2.0.  I genuinely believe he has that kind of talent and drive.  And no, I don't think it's too early to say that he's playing like one of the very best corners in the NFL.

• Thanks 2