THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump needs to quit politics and move on

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

The proof is in the election results. Trump-backed candidates were overwhelming defeated yesterday. "DeSanctimonius", as Trump called him, dog-walked his competition.

Ron DeSantis should be the future of the GOP

Actually, not true. In dem leaning states, his candidates lost, but in other rep leaning states he won a lot. Including Vance, which was a HUGE WIN.

For further legit information:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/04/trump-backed-candidates-that-won-ohio-indiana-primaries-00029645

"

This year, his record is considerably better. In the March Texas primaries, his first true test of 2022, all of Trump’s chosen congressional and statewide candidates won their races with the exception of scandal-plagued state Attorney General Ken Paxton, who is in a runoff later this month.

In Tuesday’s Indiana and Ohio primaries, Trump once again ran the table: All 22 of his endorsed candidates won. He threw his support behind almost every House GOP incumbent running for reelection — and a few hopefuls in open seat primaries — and his preferred candidate won in every case. His pick in the the highest profile race of the day, the Ohio Senate GOP primary, also won the nomination largely due to Trump’s endorsement power."

AND,

Walker in Ga. didn't have a chance early on - but Pres Trump helped him hugely to nearly get even - the results are so close, it's a run off, whatever it's called.

Truth is, I see Pres Trump's distancing from Desantis a smart move. Desantis doesn't need his help, and it would only hurt him if he does run for pres. Pres Trump was a terrific president - but most Americans are SICK and tired of the controversy - some of which Pres Trump is responsible for. Most of the controversy - was political sabotage by the fbi, cia, doj, and all the bureaucrats in our gov now, that are addicted to the power they have accrued over decades.

Well in advance:

if Desantis does run, and I think he will in 2024 - the fbi/dnc/doj will go after him, too. They are out of control, and only a rep congress will be able to fix it - IF that is possible.

And DeSantis should pull a Ronald Reagan when referring to the inevitable ridiculous attacks. Just shake his head and smile there he goes again.

Also the Republicans should rally around DeSantis and not allow the field to get too large bloated with Third Rate candidates with no chance and never trumpers. If they allow the campaign to be about Trump they are idiots.

And for public consumption I would advise the governor to take the abortion stance the public generally agrees with.

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Actually, not true. In dem leaning states, his candidates lost, but in other rep leaning states he won a lot. Including Vance, which was a HUGE WIN.

For further legit information:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/04/trump-backed-candidates-that-won-ohio-indiana-primaries-00029645

Cal, that list is from the primaries held back in May. This is the (current) list of the Trump-endorsed candidates who lost in the general election:

Full List of Trump-Backed Candidates Who Lost Their Elections

Trump's losing endorsed Senate candidates:

1) Mehmet Oz—defeated in Pennsylvania by John Fetterman.

2)Don Bolduc—defeated in New Hampshire by Sen. Maggie Hassan.

3)Leora Levy—defeated in Connecticut by Richard Blumenthal.

4)Gerald Malloy—defeated in Vermont by Peter Welch.

Trump's losing endorsed House of Representatives candidates:

1)Bo Hines—defeated in North Carolina's District 13 by Wiley Nickel.

2)Steve Chabot—defeated in Ohio's District 1 by Greg Landsman.

3)Madison Gesiotto Gilbert—defeated in Ohio's District 13 by Emilia Sykes.

4)John Gibbs—defeated in Michigan District 3 by Hillary Scholten.

5)Yesli Vega—defeated in Virginia's District 7 by Abigail Spanberger.

6)Karoline Leavitt—defeated in New Hampshire's District 1 by Rep. Chris Pappas.

7)J.R. Majewski—defeated in Ohio's District 9 by Marcy Kaptur.

8)Sandy Smith—defeated in North Carolina's District 1 by Don Davis.

Trump's losing endorsed gubernatorial candidates

1)Tudor Dixon—lost to Governor Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan.

2)Doug Mastriano—lost to Josh Shapiro in Pennsylvania.

3)Lee Zeldin—lost to Governor Kathy Hochul in New York.

4)Dan Cox—lost to Wes Moore in Maryland.

5)Geoff Diehl—lost to Maura Healey in Massachusetts.

6)Tim Michels—lost to Governor Tony Evers in Wisconsin.

7)Darren Bailey—lost to Governor J.B. Pritzker in Illinois.

8)Scott Jensen—lost in Minnesota to Governor Tim Walz.

9)Mark Ronchetti—lost in New Mexico to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.

Actually I get the feeling that Trump's supporters will look the other way sooner or later as it seems more likely that he could queer the entire election for the good guys. You saw how the Democrats turned their backs on Ralph nader.

But regardless, Donald Trump is still Far and Away Superior to anyone that the Democrats would ever nominate especially they're man in the White House today. And it's not a good idea to completely discount his effect on an election many of the people he endorsed were going up against Democrats in a very blue area.

WSS

• Upvote 3

Trump had his turn. He needs to walk away, but his ego won't let him (like Hilary, Obama).

So just my two cents, and it may be a real pipe dream, I just hope somebody, anybody can overcome the extreme partisanship and deliver a message that brings America closer together, more unity. The polarization is sickening- the media and some politicians have already stated that these midterms could "stop the Biden agenda."

While I don't disagree about many of the things in the "Biden agenda" being stopped,  do we really need 2 more years of infighting? Is it ever going to end? Not healthy for the USA at all.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Cal, that list is from the primaries held back in May. This is the (current) list of the Trump-endorsed candidates who lost in the general election:

JBlu - sorry, my bad. You are right. It's just that of course Pres Trump's support didn't win in democrat stronghold states.

Conn., Maryland, Vermont, Penn., Michigan, NY, Mass., New Hampshire, Illinois, Minn. - were all going to lose regardless. He isn't a miracle worker, granted. lol

But yes, he did lose some. It doesn't mean his influence has waned, it means that abortion was a huge issue due to the Supreme Court ruling and the stupid lie (overturning Roe vs Wade stops all abortions completely) - that was damaging. Add to that, Lindsay Graham saying he'd sponsor a bill to outlaw them added jet fuel to the fire.

J. D. Vance was way behind in polls - and was a big turnaround with Pres Trump's backing. A LOT of folks wanted to get Tim Ryan the hell out of office. He was slime. But, he was elected by a lot of dems - Pres Trump really turned the tables on ryan, who led by a HUGE margin very early on, but J. D. Vance caught up later.

Now, then - there is Kari Lake - a favorite of mine - who is up against it in Arizona - was trailing by only 12,00 votes, with another on-election-day voters not counted.

Why not counted?

First of all, her opponent - Hobbs - was secretary of state. SHE OVERSEES the elections.

Guess what?

https://www.deseret.com/2022/11/8/23447878/republican-kari-lake-trails-in-arizona-governors-race

Ryan was appointed to the court by Gov. Janet Napolitano (D) in September.

But let's look a little deeper:

https://www.deseret.com/2022/11/8/23447878/republican-kari-lake-trails-in-arizona-governors-race

On Tuesday, tabulating machines at about 60 voting locations had printing issues. Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Bill Gates, a Republican, said at a press conference voters were still able to drop off their ballots and that no eligible voter was turned away.

Lake suggested Tuesday that problems at polling places were located in conservative communities. Her campaign along with Republican U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters’ campaign filed a lawsuit to push the time polls closed from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., but Judge Timothy Ryan rejected the suit. Ryan said the court didn’t find evidence any voters weren’t able to vote because of the tabulating machines, according to the Arizona Republic.

So, the judge ruled that "no voters were turned away". That is NOT THE POINT. haha?

The point was 60 voting machines had printing issues !!! meaning, they cannot be tabulated until they fix it !?

Ok, so who is the judge?

https://ballotpedia.org/Timothy_J._Ryan

Ryan was appointed to the court by Gov. Janet Napolitano (D)

so, if Kari Lake loses despite Pres Trump's backing - there is serious cred to electoral fraud.

so, her opponent - DEMOCRAT has been in charge of the elections - has no business running for office in the first place. The judge - a long time democrat - should have recused himself from a decision on the matter.

I don't know, Jblu - If Pres Trump loses this one, too - it isn't his fault. It isn't Lake's fault.

Unless they "truck in semis loaded with votes from out of state" etc, I think Kari Lake eventually wins. As long as all the legit votes are eventually COUNTED from those machines.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Trump had his turn. He needs to walk away, but his ego won't let him (like Hilary, Obama).

So just my two cents, and it may be a real pipe dream, I just hope somebody, anybody can overcome the extreme partisanship and deliver a message that brings America closer together, more unity. The polarization is sickening- the media and some politicians have already stated that these midterms could "stop the Biden agenda."

While I don't disagree about many of the things in the "Biden agenda" being stopped,  do we really need 2 more years of infighting? Is it ever going to end? Not healthy for the USA at all.

You're giving the impression that both sides are equally at fault. You do know that the dems had vowed to impeach Trump even before he took the oath office right?

There was never an attempt to put pre-election mudslinging aside and begin working with Trump from the get-go. There is no "working together" with those people. You're right, it's a pipe dream.

Once upon a time Dem and Reps wanted the same things, they just had different views on how to solve issues.

Today as evidenced by the midterms, both parties and those that vote for them do not want the same things 

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

You're giving the impression that both sides are equally at fault. You do know that the dems had vowed to impeach Trump even before he took the oath office right?

Yes, both parties are at fault. While you're correct regarding Trump, let's did deeper.

There was never an attempt to put pre-election mudslinging aside and begin working with Trump from the get-go. There is no "working together" with those people. You're right, it's a pipe dream.

Citizens United has seriously damaged an already fragile political landscape. Who pushed for it? Yeah the GOP.

The obscene amount of money donated to campaigns from that decision has basically made our votes meaningless, along with lobby money. Both sides have learned how to play the game.

The American population's opinions don't matter a whole lot. We get the privilege of voting, and then our representatives tow a party line, not the will of the people they are supposed to serve. 

Maybe this is a start (below). Tim Ryan's concession speech....

Screenshot_20221110-225333.png

3 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Citizens United has seriously damaged an already fragile political landscape. Who pushed for it? Yeah the GOP.

The obscene amount of money donated to campaigns from that decision has basically made our votes meaningless, along with lobby money. Both sides have learned how to play the game.

The American population's opinions don't matter a whole lot. We get the privilege of voting, and then our representatives tow a party line, not the will of the people they are supposed to serve. 

dang it, Bob.

Look at the ENORMOUS difference - the dems have many millions more than the reps.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/politics/senate-democrats-fundraising-advantage/index.html

Citizens united is terrible?

why don't you mention "America's Voice" ? Why not mention "Emerge America" ?

Why not complain about "Our Revolution" ? How about "Indivisible" ? any of the others?

Why not talk about George soros and all his setup organizations that funnel tons of money to progressive candidates?

etc etc etc?

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dang it, Bob.

Look at the ENORMOUS difference - the dems have many millions more than the reps.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/20/politics/senate-democrats-fundraising-advantage/index.html

Citizens united is terrible?

why don't you mention "America's Voice" ? Why not mention "Emerge America" ?

Why not complain about "Our Revolution" ? How about "Indivisible" ? any of the others?

Why not talk about George soros and all his setup organizations that funnel tons of money to progressive candidates?

etc etc etc?

Yes, the Supreme Court decision regarding Citizens United is bad.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/citizens-united-explained

And as a result of that, the things you mentioned are a direct result of it.

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Maybe this is a start (below). Tim Ryan's concession speech....

Screenshot_20221110-225333.png

What the fuck? Pay attention. This has little to do with what I said.

To begin with you chose to omit a key word. I said that you're giving the impression that both parties are EQUALLY at fault.

Secondly I was pointing to the politicians themselves, the ones that are supposed to be our leaders and represent us.

Democrats need to stop urging political violence (nypost.com)

10 Times Democrats Urged Violence Against Trump And His Supporters (thefederalist.com)

Now if you want to go to the streets:

178 Acts of Left-Wing Political Violence Since the Trump Era :: News Lists (grabien.com)

Do you live in a bubble? G' ahead...tell me again that both parties are equally at fault.

7 minutes ago, FY56 said:

What the fuck? Pay attention. This has little to do with what I said.

To begin with you chose to omit a key word. I said that you're giving the impression that both parties are EQUALLY at fault.

Secondly I was pointing to the politicians themselves, the ones that are supposed to be our leaders and represent us.

Democrats need to stop urging political violence (nypost.com)

10 Times Democrats Urged Violence Against Trump And His Supporters (thefederalist.com)

Now if you want to go to the streets:

178 Acts of Left-Wing Political Violence Since the Trump Era :: News Lists (grabien.com)

Do you live in a bubble? G' ahead...tell me again that both parties are equally at fault.

Ok, yeah you're right, I live in a bubble and haven't been paying attention.

Feel better now?

Go ahead and vote the party line, whatever party you admire. Clearly that's the solution.

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

JBlu - sorry, my bad. You are right. It's just that of course Pres Trump's support didn't win in democrat stronghold states.

Conn., Maryland, Vermont, Penn., Michigan, NY, Mass., New Hampshire, Illinois, Minn. - were all going to lose regardless. He isn't a miracle worker, granted. lol

Republicans did make gains in historically Democratic strongholds. I think they picked up 4-5 House seats in NY and turned Florida red. The common denominator for those wins is that the candidates is that they weren't heavily supported by Trump or didn't seek his support to begin with.

But yes, he did lose some. It doesn't mean his influence has waned, it means that abortion was a huge issue due to the Supreme Court ruling and the stupid lie (overturning Roe vs Wade stops all abortions completely) - that was damaging. Add to that, Lindsay Graham saying he'd sponsor a bill to outlaw them added jet fuel to the fire.

Abortion is a big issue to voters. I know it upsets the pro-life electorate out there, but it is. Kentucky is a deep red state, but even there, the voters rejected an amendment issue that would've outlawed abortion.

The GOPs message after the Dobbs decision should have been from the start that it is up to the voters in individual states to determine the abortion laws in their state, not the government. That's it. But they screwed up by leaning into the decision and taking a victory lap that alienated a lot of independent voters.

Hate it if you want, but the Election Day results clearly show that abortion rights are an important issue, and the majority of voters do not want an outright ban on abortions.

J. D. Vance was way behind in polls - and was a big turnaround with Pres Trump's backing. A LOT of folks wanted to get Tim Ryan the hell out of office. He was slime. But, he was elected by a lot of dems - Pres Trump really turned the tables on ryan, who led by a HUGE margin very early on, but J. D. Vance caught up later.

J.D. Vance was behind in the polls earlier this year. He was also courting Trump's support around the same time. Once he started to distance himself from Trump and began to walk away from the stolen election narrative and focused on the issues, his poll standing went up. It also doesn't hurt that he was running in a pretty red state, either 

Now, then - there is Kari Lake - a favorite of mine - who is up against it in Arizona - was trailing by only 12,00 votes, with another on-election-day voters not counted.

Why not counted?

First of all, her opponent - Hobbs - was secretary of state. SHE OVERSEES the elections.

Guess what?

Ryan was appointed to the court by Gov. Janet Napolitano (D) in September.

But let's look a little deeper:

On Tuesday, tabulating machines at about 60 voting locations had printing issues. Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Bill Gates, a Republican, said at a press conference voters were still able to drop off their ballots and that no eligible voter was turned away.

Lake suggested Tuesday that problems at polling places were located in conservative communities. Her campaign along with Republican U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters’ campaign filed a lawsuit to push the time polls closed from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., but Judge Timothy Ryan rejected the suit. Ryan said the court didn’t find evidence any voters weren’t able to vote because of the tabulating machines, according to the Arizona Republic.

So, the judge ruled that "no voters were turned away". That is NOT THE POINT. haha?

The point was 60 voting machines had printing issues !!! meaning, they cannot be tabulated until they fix it !?

Ok, so who is the judge?

https://ballotpedia.org/Timothy_J._Ryan

Ryan was appointed to the court by Gov. Janet Napolitano (D)

so, if Kari Lake loses despite Pres Trump's backing - there is serious cred to electoral fraud.

so, her opponent - DEMOCRAT has been in charge of the elections - has no business running for office in the first place. The judge - a long time democrat - should have recused himself from a decision on the matter.

I don't know, Jblu - If Pres Trump loses this one, too - it isn't his fault. It isn't Lake's fault.

It's not solely his fault; the GOP ran pretty poor quality candidates in many battleground elections. But it would be dishonest to say that Trump's influence didn't significantly hinder a lot of candidates races. The losses by Trump-backed candidates makes it obvious. And the fact that Trump is now attacking the leading GOP presidental candidate in DeSantis shows that his influence is just about played out and the GOP needs to move on from him if they want to win in 2024.

Unless they "truck in semis loaded with votes from out of state" etc, I think Kari Lake eventually wins. As long as all the legit votes are eventually COUNTED from those machines.