THE BROWNS BOARD

Bannon Sentenced to 4 Months in Prison for Contempt of Congress

cccjwh

Hooray, a little accountability. 

Bannon Sentenced to 4 Months in Prison for Contempt of Congress - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Friday sentenced Stephen K. Bannon, a longtime adviser to former President Donald J. Trump who aided in the effort to overturn the 2020 election, to four months in prison for disobeying a subpoena from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

Mr. Bannon, 68, was found guilty of two counts of contempt of Congress this summer after Judge Carl J. Nichols rejected an array of arguments offered by Mr. Bannon’s defense team, including that he was protected from being compelled to testify by executive privilege.

Mr. Bannon will remain free pending his appeal.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I can't think of many instances throughout history or any court has been more deserving of contempt.

WSS

dirty vicious politics. That should end when the reps take back the House and Senate. Knowing that, he should have just appeared before congress and said "at this point what difference does it make" and "that is outside of my purview"

"I don't recall" etc.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

dirty vicious politics. That should end when the reps take back the House and Senate. Knowing that, he should have just appeared before congress and said "at this point what difference does it make" and "that is outside of my purview"

"I don't recall" etc.

And frankly Benghazi was a bad situation but I don't know of any evil intent on her part. And if president Trump is subpoenaed I hope he says nothing. These assholes are looking for a perjury trap nothing more.

WSS

And as to Hillary the only reason I care about her emails is that she so deliberately destroyed them when she knew that they would be called into evidence. If there's anything I suspect her and the Democrats of is the same thing they've been accusing president Trump of collusion bribery Etc. And those things would be found in the thousands of emails she destroyed. Or not but too late now.

WSS

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

"I don't recall" etc.

It looks like a republican congress and democratic white house for the next two years.   

• Upvote 2