THE BROWNS BOARD

moderation

Westside Steve

3 hours ago, Neo said:

That's what I mean, there is no brand. Not say for an example "60's classic car garage" that some person started and a bunch of people with 60's cars joined and they help each other with their builds, or hold car shows for that specific generation of cars. Do you know how many times I go to car shows and I pass by a group of people talking about some political bullshit. There is a time and place for that, not at a car show, it ruins the whole thing for me. I just want to connect with people and I don't care about thier beliefs. Here, it's just the idea we could all get along because of one common thing, the Cleveland Browns. And the political non-sense does spill over. 

I'm just trying to give another perspective and some people don't want to hear it.

You kind of lost me a bit on your 60s car show and political chit-chat mixed in.  We happen to be in a very involved and sometimes intense political atmospheric now. Just like here I don't mind a little cross talk on subjects as long as it doesn't get really out of hand as we have discussed before.   When that happens here, for example, we have our set of rules or whatever that can step in and say "cool it"......if necessary. 

One more thing  for those who believe in free speech and 1st Ammendment and all of that it does not necessarily apply here !    That's right this is a private forum with our own set of rules and regulations  -or-  simply put  our do's and don'ts.  (and I use bold type just for emphasis, its just my style....like it or not :lol: )  same for using the little faces or memes or cartoons it's what people do online to get a point across.

And private forums like Twitter and Facebook and other similar online sites have the same rules and regulations.

And these points are a mix of rules of the road and "JMO"  of course.  Ok....l  I'm off the soapbox now. (No applause please, lol,)

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

😄 coming from the biggest bunch of cry babies the world has ever known. Conservatives. 🤣👍

Now, now liberals can be crybabies too.  

38 minutes ago, Neo said:

Doesn't matter anymore. Our society is fucked and I'm just going to sit back and watch it burn. 

I can say one thing I'll be 72 this month and have been interested in politics my whole life.  And I  used to be active in politics for a few decades but I've never seen it this bad.

I'm hoping somehow we can get both sides to stop this nasty bitter fighting and get back to running this fine democracy......not ruin it.

It will be up to the 20 and 30 somethings to get involved and make a good difference.   I'm so glad that my wife and I are retired,  good luck to you young people now.

And VOTE it matters, get involved with your local politics it's where it starts

6 hours ago, Neo said:

That's what I mean, there is no brand. Not say for an example "60's classic car garage" that some person started and a bunch of people with 60's cars joined and they help each other with their builds, or hold car shows for that specific generation of cars. Do you know how many times I go to car shows and I pass by a group of people talking about some political bullshit. There is a time and place for that, not at a car show, it ruins the whole thing for me. I just want to connect with people and I don't care about thier beliefs. Here, it's just the idea we could all get along because of one common thing, the Cleveland Browns. And the political non-sense does spill over. 

I'm just trying to give another perspective and some people don't want to hear it.

Okay I get where you are going. I was on a board for a long long time, actually a Yahoo mailing list, that was dedicated to the Roland series of digital recording systems. Of course it also branched out into other areas of Music related equipment etc. But it seems like the main topic of conversation eventually became politics, Bush Cheney Rumsfeld Iraq Etc. Being a group of musicians most of the posters were between left and hard left. It wound up falling apart but mostly because the last version of that Roland system, the 2480 was discontinued without a possibility of upgrade a long long time ago. The original AOL Sports board we used to post on where most of us old guys met had a fairly strict moderator. (booyankees)  Members would get warned have posts deleted for infractions such as posting what kind of Game Day recipes they liked. The moderator I replaced here was a guy named Mr T who was further to the right than anybody here and freely passed out warning points suspensions deletions bans etc. We also had some very intelligent left Wingers. It was actually fun to spar with them.

But again this page is the political page and I think everybody left and right pretty much sticks to politics. No surprises. And it's definitely the second most read Forum of all of them here.

And yes there are some forums I stop by on occasion that are very strictly regulated to the operation of whatever recording software they cover. Which is great because the reason to go there is to have somebody more experienced figure out what's going on with whatever you're doing. They have kind of replaced customer service.

WSS

6 hours ago, Neo said:

I think your Alzheimer's may be acting up because I have no clue what you're talking about. Please elaborate or post a quote. 

I did a dive into the post (from 2019) of OBF's last ones I think...

and yes you were not in there, neither was CCCp 

I think its interesting how one can pick out writing styles of insults and vitriol from past postards who have been banned

or "reinvented" themselves that come back here and spew their s*#t?

sorry  the point was lost on you though  

1 hour ago, FairHooker11 said:

I did a dive into the post (from 2019) of OBF's last ones I think...

and yes you were not in there, neither was CCCp 

I think its interesting how one can pick out writing styles of insults and vitriol from past postards who have been banned

or "reinvented" themselves that come back here and spew their s*#t?

sorry  the point was lost on you though  

OBF was a good guy. As far as I can tell closer to my idea of what a Christian would be than anyone else on the board.

WSS

• Upvote 1