THE BROWNS BOARD

moderation

Westside Steve

Hi everybody.

I think everyone who has been here for a long time understands that the political board is not for everybody. On the other hand you enter at your own risk. And by your own choice. There is absolutely no reason we can't all be friends regardless of how badly we hate somebody else's view.

That being said a rule that was set in place long ago was that anybody taking personal gripes to the administration would automatically get the boot.

Kathy Aten is the widow of Stan Aten who started this board and we all moved here many years ago from AOL Sports and other spots. Though I take her guidance and advice very seriously, she has relinquished all administrative control of the board so I would ask everyone not to bother her with your petty differences. Also Zombo has retired from administration because he's too busy with his real estate business in florida. He is still a good friend and valuable member and contributor to the Browns Board. He doesn't want to be bothered either.

I would prefer not to enforce the aforementioned rule to strictly but it still exists and bears repeating here.

Regardless of anybody's personal leanings this political board was created to keep that kind of crap off the Browns board. I have asked the moderators of the Browns board to enforce that.

If anyone here has a grievance with another member I think the best way to resolve it is to personally message that member and not by asking me to make them sit in a corner or give them a time out or whatever.

we do  ask everybody to try not to be assholes to each other. But if you have a gripe you can take it up with me.

Thanks for your attention. 

WSS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Thank you ,Steve...

All I ask is for mods to refrain from "Communist Moderation"

We are a country built on free speech..

"Sticks and Stones may break thine bones" "But names can never hurt me"

This isn't twitter...

• Thanks 1

Steve, I'm aware of the incident that caused you to post this. Fortunately, it seems it's been settled amicably. There was stuff regarding Board management that I wasn't aware of, and Kathy unnecessarily got dragged into it. My bad there.

I'll just say I have a different perspective on things now. So carry on  guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Steve, I'm aware of the incident that caused you to post this. Fortunately, it seems it's been settled amicably. There was stuff regarding Board management that I wasn't aware of, and Kathy unnecessarily got dragged into it. My bad there.

I'll just say I have a different perspective on things now. So carry on  guys. 

No problem larry. I left names out of this post for a reason.

WSS

• Thanks 1

...... **edited much later, 11 pm, my post is directed to everyone out there, so carry on.

When you buy a ticket for a freakin' scary horrific movie.......don't bitch and cry to the theater management that you pissed all over your new sneakers. Get it ?   

........* edit moments later......  to make it clear.....  you knew about it but you bought the ticket  you went in then you are now complaining about (crying to) someone else all about what what happened to you in there.  Time to grow up and think it over, OK?   If you didn't like it please don't  go back and see it again.......over and over and keep complaining about it to the theater manager. OK?   No problem. 

In other words if you don't like it here there are plenty of other nice FORUMS to go to on The BROWNS BOARD. 

Like almost every one of you I came here because I like or maybe love The Cleveland Browns.   Let's all not lose sight of that little point.

So  GO BROWNS.....just win, baby !     And I believe that they have a game against their former starting quarterback that we all love/hate tomorrow !  See you on the BROWNS FORUM thread.  It should be a blast.

Edited by mjp28

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Regardless of anybody's personal leanings this political board was created to keep that kind of crap off the Browns board. I have asked the moderators of the Browns board to enforce that.

JMO, If your trying to push a brand or an idea, politics is BAD for the brand. Not really pushing a brand here but the idea that all people from all walks of life can gather to talk about football. All the groups that I am a part of on facebook ban you without fucking around if you start bringing in politics, race, religion, etc. They are some of the best groups with really tight communities that just want to help each other.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

JMO, If your trying to push a brand or an idea, politics is BAD for the brand. Not really pushing a brand here but the idea that all people from all walks of life can gather to talk about football. All the groups that I am a part of on facebook ban you without fucking around if you start bringing in politics, race, religion, etc. They are some of the best groups with really tight communities that just want to help each other.

Yet you are here on the political forum...

• Like 1

Ah, and we're back to the poli board.  In case you want my opinion  (like who cares)  I like it as a place for politics,  religion,  and other topics could have their place (quarantined if you like) and not spill over accidentally or not into the other FORUMS.

As long as there are some reasonable guidelines so it doesn't get way, too way obscene,  vulgar,  whatever as determined by the administration.   The moderators job is then to help carryout the rules of the road....not to rewrite anything. 

This is how most all FORUMS and groups that ive been on over the last 20+ years have run.  Especially the successful ones.

Did I put anyone to sleep yet ?   -_-.     mjp.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ah, and we're back to the poli board

Steve made a post and highlighted a problem. I respond with an opinion and it highlighted another problem, I get attacked for simply speaking my mind. Your opinion isn't valued here unless you play for the right team.  Which is why I kind of laughed to myself when I read the original post in this garbage thread😂

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

Steve made a post and highlighted a problem. I respond with an opinion and it highlighted another problem, I get attacked for simply speaking my mind. Your opinion isn't valued here unless you play for the right team.  Which is why I kind of laughed to myself when I read the original post in this garbage thread😂

I do understand and basically agree with you.  I still see a use for this after hours bar as long as it doesn't get too devisive and out-in-out mean.....or nobody gets shot or stabbed.   Computer bravado is tolerated to a point  that's my main idea here.

And we should be careful that it doesn't become a lightning rod for weirdos and deep right or left wingers come just to hear themselves BLAB over and over.  You must   be a Browns fan or at least an interest in being here. (Steelers fan to debate football,  etc.)

That again is up to administration to delete those undesirables and send them to hell.....or back to wherever they came from.   Moderators can keep an eye out for and delete repeat offenders.    Easy, huh ?

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Who the fuck are the Guardians?

Go tribe.

The Cleveland freakin Guardians.....oh God it kills me to even type that. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vambo said:

Cool It With Da Boom Booms

Hey there....oh wait we're on the poli pit.....that's allowed.    

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ghoulardians! 

You guys missed a fantastic game tonight,  the Ghoulardians beat MIN again to take the series,  increase their lead in the ALC and Kwan had a WEB GEM HR STEALING  catch in the 8th.   UP 6-0  in the 9th won 6-4....GO see the TRIBE FORUM.   There guys are amazing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I'm not positive what particular brand you think I am or should be pushing. I'm not being a contrarian I just don't know if you mean the Cleveland Browns or my own personal brad as an entertainer. But I think I probably agree with you. On Facebook my focus is just to chat with people I know and promote upcoming shows and records and things like that. I almost never talk politics and when I do it's in the blandest of terms. Many if not most of the dozens of entertainers I count among my friends talk very harshly and frequently about politics, most from the hard left, for what it's worth. I have been on a number of forums but politics seems to creep into all of them. For the guys that don't like it this particular page is included.

WSS

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not positive what particular brand you think I am or should be pushing

That's what I mean, there is no brand. Not say for an example "60's classic car garage" that some person started and a bunch of people with 60's cars joined and they help each other with their builds, or hold car shows for that specific generation of cars. Do you know how many times I go to car shows and I pass by a group of people talking about some political bullshit. There is a time and place for that, not at a car show, it ruins the whole thing for me. I just want to connect with people and I don't care about thier beliefs. Here, it's just the idea we could all get along because of one common thing, the Cleveland Browns. And the political non-sense does spill over. 

I'm just trying to give another perspective and some people don't want to hear it.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

That's what I mean, there is no brand. Not say for an example "60's classic car garage" that some person started and a bunch of people with 60's cars joined and they help each other with their builds, or hold car shows for that specific generation of cars. Do you know how many times I go to car shows and I pass by a group of people talking about some political bullshit. There is a time and place for that, not at a car show, it ruins the whole thing for me. I just want to connect with people and I don't care about thier beliefs. Here, it's just the idea we could all get along because of one common thing, the Cleveland Browns. And the political non-sense does spill over. 

I'm just trying to give another perspective and some people don't want to hear it.

I think everyone here knows when the vitriol gets heavy

I think it was you and CCCp and another who ganged up on OldBrowns fan for his Christianity (who BTW held his faith and defended it with dignity)

so spare us the sanctimonious BS and quit crying about the "poli board" as some evil domain that violates your tender sensabilities

You heard (read) WSS - dont like it? and like DH said LEAVE

1 hour ago, FairHooker11 said:

I think it was you and CCCp and another who ganged up on OldBrowns fan for his Christianity (who BTW held his faith and defended it with dignity)

I think your Alzheimer's may be acting up because I have no clue what you're talking about. Please elaborate or post a quote.