THE BROWNS BOARD

the true cost of electric car batteries

Vambo

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I’m not.  The footprint of it is far worse than a gasser.  They are not recycling those batteries.

That's part of the tech I mentioned. Right now the whole platform is a joke. Maybe one day but get it at least semi reasonable before ya try to cram it down our throats.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, Axe said:

I'm all for electric cars but the technology and infrastructure just aren't close to being where it needs to be.

Exactly. Those of us on the right should quit being such a pain in the ass about something just because the idiot Democrats happen to like it. Eventually the technology will be there to make electric vehicles more practical.

WSS 

36 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Exactly. Those of us on the right should quit being such a pain in the ass about something just because the idiot Democrats happen to like it. Eventually the technology will be there to make electric vehicles more practical.

WSS 

I don't know that anyone hates the idea just because the dems like it. People don't like the idea because it is NOT WORKABLE. It might be someday, then I might like the idea - but it seems far-fetched enough that the utopian ideal of electric cars might never be realistic.

They push the idealistic idea over self-benefiting politics - and the accrual of wealth. That is direct reference to al gore, etc.

Votes and wealth - just like mmgw. It's a crock until it's not.

"wouldn't it be wonderful if (utopian idea), why, vote for us !"

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't know that anyone hates the idea just because the dems like it. People don't like the idea because it is NOT WORKABLE. It might be someday, then I might like the idea - but it seems far-fetched enough that the utopian ideal of electric cars might never be realistic.

They push the idealistic idea over self-benefiting politics - and the accrual of wealth. That is direct reference to al gore, etc.

Votes and wealth - just like mmgw. It's a crock until it's not.

"wouldn't it be wonderful if (utopian idea), why, vote for us !"

Oh horseshit.  Politicians make piles of money on everything. And I have no doubt that it has a great deal to do with their vote.

The first antibiotics the first solid state amplifiers the first gas powered vehicles the first Bluetooth connections the first flat screen TV the first satellite technology the first telephone wires the first electrical substations would be pretty much useless if they were no better than they were first day or week or year they were invented. Things improve over time. No doubt people who were invested in horses steam engines telegraph vacuum tubes copper wires and sulfa drugs took a hit.

Somebody probably profited and lost when we went from Stone to bronze to iron to tin to steel to titanium to polymers...  

Technology changes, but politicians will often be assholes that's true as well.

WSS

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I would much rather the U.S. push for hydrogen fuel cells, but I’m sure Pelosi and the other wealthy members of Congress are pushing for the EV route.

Absolutely no reason everything cannot be in the mix.

Plus when the automobile was invented the government didn't go around shooting everybody's horse.

WSS

47 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Absolutely no reason everything cannot be in the mix.

Plus when the automobile was invented the government didn't go around shooting everybody's horse.

WSS

I’m thinking members of Congress are financially invested on the EV’s.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m thinking members of Congress are financially invested on the EV’s.

Sure, and Coal and oil and solar cells and hybrids and wind turbines and hydroelectric and anybody else that will throw a handful of dollars into their greasy little fingers. Even the ones that don't care about any of that stuff like to scare the s*** out of people.

WSS

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The first antibiotics the first solid state amplifiers the first gas powered vehicles the first Bluetooth connections the first flat screen TV the first satellite technology the first telephone wires the first electrical substations would be pretty much useless if they were no better than they were first day or week or year they were invented. Things improve over time. No doubt people who were invested in horses steam engines telegraph vacuum tubes copper wires and sulfa drugs took a hit.

oh, horse poo poo pile. LOL

I like the idea of new stuff. but cars were adopted willingly by travelers. Antibiotics were easier to take that making your own meds out of herbs and weeds etc, which wasn't all that exact a strength from time to time.

etc.

This is different. The people don't get to choose because dirty politics is involved in forcing people to go with new tech before it is ready. Banning coal. Banning all fossil fuels. Banning gas powered cars.

The American people will never accept new EV cars until they have been proven to be more practical in use, and more financially beneficial.

If they ever find a non-radioactive gem on some planet, bring it back here and it could run your electricity for a year, everybody would buy into it, as long as it was not a threat to peoples' health.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, horse poo poo pile. LOL

I like the idea of new stuff. but cars were adopted willingly by travelers. Antibiotics were easier to take that making your own meds out of herbs and weeds etc, which wasn't all that exact a strength from time to time.

etc.

This is different. The people don't get to choose because dirty politics is involved in forcing people to go with new tech before it is ready. Banning coal. Banning all fossil fuels. Banning gas powered cars.

The American people will never accept new EV cars until they have been proven to be more practical in use, and more financially beneficial.

If they ever find a non-radioactive gem on some planet, bring it back here and it could run your electricity for a year, everybody would buy into it, as long as it was not a threat to peoples' health.

Non-radioactive? People should just stop being pussies about nuclear energy as well.

They should be researching new and better and more efficient ways to use fossil fuel. Same with electric energy. Same with wind same with solar.

Sniping at each other about not issues doesn't do anybody any good. And again somebody's always going to make money.

WSS 

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Non-radioactive? People should just stop being pussies about nuclear energy as well.

They should be researching new and better and more efficient ways to use fossil fuel. Same with electric energy. Same with wind same with solar.

Sniping at each other about not issues doesn't do anybody any good. And again somebody's always going to make money.

WSS 

May be an image of text that says 'WELCOME το CAMP QUITCHERBITCHIN CHERBITO GRAB A BEER & SHUT THE HELL UP!'