THE BROWNS BOARD

Republicans are increasingly sharing misinformation, research finds.

cccjwh

Anyone who has ever read this forum already knew this would be the case. GOP loves to make up their own "facts" and their party members don't care if something is true or not. 

Data analysis by two New York University researchers found that more than one-third of Republican candidates' online communications this election cycle contained some form of misinformation, intensifying questions about politicians' role in perpetuating inaccurate or sometimes false narratives in the national political discourse.

The analysis—published by NYU researchers Maggie Macdonald and Megan A. Brown in The Washington Post Monday—found Republicans share misinformation online at substantially higher rates than Democrats, with Republican challengers constituting the majority of the misleading content.

The findings also revealed a sharp increase in misinformation circulating online since the 2016 election of former President Donald Trump, with highly visible GOP candidates like Sarah Palin contributing to some of the highest levels of misinformation of any candidates in the last decade. And those candidates, the paper noted, are winning, raising new questions about their potential impact on the U.S. political system.

Republican candidates are spreading more fake news than just two years ago - The Washington Post

No pay wall Over a Third of Info Shared by GOP Candidates Is Misinformation: Report (newsweek.com)

image.thumb.png.22e095e107e932fa5948382428205949.png

Methods Supplement for ``More and more, Republicans are sharing misinformation, research finds." (csmapnyu.org)

57 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

a. Meme

b. ass kisser

c. Link to leftwing nut job “source”

d. Larry’s been drinking again

e. Swinging on Biden’s nutsack

f.  combination of a, b, c, d, e, or f

Cult member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

c. Link to rightwing nutjob "source"

d. #whataboutism

e. combination of a, b, c, or d

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

d. #whataboutism

Groomer member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. Meme

b. ass kisser

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Anyone who has ever read this forum already knew this would be the case. GOP loves to make up their own "facts" and their party members don't care if something is true or not. 

Data analysis by two New York University researchers found that more than one-third of Republican candidates' online communications this election cycle contained some form of misinformation, intensifying questions about politicians' role in perpetuating inaccurate or sometimes false narratives in the national political discourse.

The analysis—published by NYU researchers Maggie Macdonald and Megan A. Brown in The Washington Post Monday—found Republicans share misinformation online at substantially higher rates than Democrats, with Republican challengers constituting the majority of the misleading content.

The findings also revealed a sharp increase in misinformation circulating online since the 2016 election of former President Donald Trump, with highly visible GOP candidates like Sarah Palin contributing to some of the highest levels of misinformation of any candidates in the last decade. And those candidates, the paper noted, are winning, raising new questions about their potential impact on the U.S. political system.

Republican candidates are spreading more fake news than just two years ago - The Washington Post

No pay wall Over a Third of Info Shared by GOP Candidates Is Misinformation: Report (newsweek.com)

Methods Supplement for ``More and more, Republicans are sharing misinformation, research finds." (csmapnyu.org)

Well, the study never referenced the term 'misinformation' a single time, so that should be a red flag to you.  It says on the bottom of the graph you posted: Percentage of links from known unreliable sources shared on Facebook by congressional candidates.  And the sources are determined to be reliable or not by News Guard, of whom I've never heard.  Even if I grant all that to be true, there is no mention of who the unreliable sources are and whether the link(s) posted were actually bullshit.  Technically, Wapo is spreading misinformation in the headline of this very article and, well, so are you now.  I really don't want to check because it's already been a waste of time, but I would bet Wapo is considered a reliable source by News Guard, even as they mention their own research to spread misinformation.  Maybe since this type of shit interests you, you could check that out and let us know.

11 hours ago, cccjwh said:

You try too hard.

This is misinformation about misinformation and the first link in the second paragraph proves it.

It also has no relation to the topic of "Republicans sharing misinformation".

It points to a 2013 video of Rand Paul speaking to medical students essentially joking about how misinformation can be good thing as it relates to competition.

I correlate that to misinformation purposely leaked to wartime enemies to gain an advantage.

The full video of Rands talk.

No, Sen. Rand Paul wasn't talking about COVID when he said ‘misinformation works’ - Poynter

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm about to puke from all the references to our democracy. Freedom and fairness aren't much better in the United States than they are in a Banana Republic except for the fact we have a higher standard of living.

WSS

My post is simply to highlight that theyre absolutely full to bursting with bullshit and they're simply reading the script big brother has handed them with a stunning lack of shame or self awareness. If thats not "extremely dangerous to our democracy" i dont know what is. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

My post is simply to highlight that theyre absolutely full to bursting with bullshit and they're simply reading the script big brother has handed them with a stunning lack of shame or self awareness. If thats not "extremely dangerous to our democracy" i dont know what is. 

Correct. That's why I didn't quote you personally. It was just a thought off the top of my head.

"our democracy " gets a lot of airplay.

WSS

8 hours ago, nickers said:

To what?... Your ass hole , Groomer?

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

d. #whataboutism

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

d. #whataboutism

Groomer cccjwh member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. Meme

b. ass kisser

8 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Well, the study never referenced the term 'misinformation' a single time, so that should be a red flag to you.  It says on the bottom of the graph you posted: Percentage of links from known unreliable sources shared on Facebook by congressional candidates.  And the sources are determined to be reliable or not by News Guard, of whom I've never heard.  Even if I grant all that to be true, there is no mention of who the unreliable sources are and whether the link(s) posted were actually bullshit.  Technically, Wapo is spreading misinformation in the headline of this very article and, well, so are you now.  I really don't want to check because it's already been a waste of time, but I would bet Wapo is considered a reliable source by News Guard, even as they mention their own research to spread misinformation.  Maybe since this type of shit interests you, you could check that out and let us know.

The study was about the candidates. Since there are quite a few election deniers that ran, of course they are sharing misinformation. Anyone who has research the sources posted here by the cultists, would already know they post links to low credibility sources. What is a low credibility source? One that publishes stories they were false and did not correct their mistakes. It doesn't surprise me that you think fact checking is a waste of time. 

45 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

a. Meme

b. Ad hominem attack

d. #whataboutism

Ad you are BRAINWASHED by Pedos!

55 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

The study was about the candidates. Since there are quite a few election deniers that ran, of course they are sharing misinformation. Anyone who has research the sources posted here by the cultists, would already know they post links to low credibility sources. What is a low credibility source? One that publishes stories they were false and did not correct their mistakes. It doesn't surprise me that you think fact checking is a waste of time. 

So how do I verify this "research" and likewise the "fact checker"?  Do I just assume they're reliable?

10 hours ago, htownbrown said:

So how do I verify this "research" and likewise the "fact checker"?  Do I just assume they're reliable?

How do you determine if someone you talk to is credible?

It's past statements they have made. If someone tell you false things in the past, they lose creditability. The more often they do it, less credible they are. If they apologize for mistakes in the information they passed to you, then they can gain some creditability back. (Well for non-cultists anyways). Good fact checkers list past false stories, so you can look it up yourself. 

What is the alternated to fact checkers? Sorry but I'm not a cultist so "whatever dear leader says" doesn't work for me.

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

How do you determine if someone you talk to is creditable?

It's past statements they have made. If someone tell you false things in the past, they lose creditability. The more often they do it, less creditable they are. If they apologize for mistakes in the information they passed to you, then they can gain some creditability back. (Well for non-cultists anyways). Good fact checkers list past false stories, so you can look it up yourself. 

What is the alternated to fact checkers? Sorry but I'm not a cultist so "whatever dear leader says" doesn't work for me.

So you are not creditable by your own definition...

So you Groomers don't trust Biden either!

37 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

How do you determine if someone you talk to is creditable?

It's past statements they have made. If someone tell you false things in the past, they lose creditability. The more often they do it, less creditable they are. If they apologize for mistakes in the information they passed to you, then they can gain some creditability back. (Well for non-cultists anyways). Good fact checkers list past false stories, so you can look it up yourself. 

Are you roundabout telling us it's faith based?  Nothing is verifiable, which in turn is unreliable.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Actually  (no party affiliations here) this has been increasing and will right up until about  weeks before the last election.  Then the money goes more to the big races.

Republicans have been "scrubbing " their messages to try not losing more Republican voters.  Hey the Democrats are doing it too just different messages.

The Republicans (Mitch McConnell)  want to get a majority in the *House really bad.  Should be an interesting midterm election when it's finally over.

★ And it's a good idea not to get your true political information off of memes, made up polls and jokes......but some are funny to read.....and you move on.

......edit add,  *Normally the House tends to go democratic,  the Senate goes toward the republican side.  To have both is gold for passing bills through with the president having the pass/veto power.   However one side having all the power is not always best for the nation.

2022 and 2024 will be so important for our Republic. 

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Actually  (no party affiliations here) this has been increasing and will right up until about  weeks before the last election.  Then the money goes more to the big races.

Republicans have been "scrubbing " their messages to try not losing more Republican voters.  Hey the Democrats are doing it too just different messages.

The Republicans (Mitch McConnell)  want to get a majority in the House really bad.  Should be an interesting midterm election when it's finally over.

★ And it's a good idea not to get your true political information off of memes, made up polls and jokes......but some are funny to read.....and you move on.

Probably not but when large votting blocks get most of their information from social media that's hard to avoid.

WSS 

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Probably not but when large votting blocks get most of their information from social media that's hard to avoid.

WSS 

Some people get all of their political and other life information exclusively from social media......that's freakin' scary !

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Some people get all of their political and other life information exclusively from social media......that's freakin' scary !

Well the news media is no better... it's all tainted by Groomers...

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

No idea how you got that from what I posted. Guessing you are just deflecting. 

Groomer cccjwh member cannot refute claim backed up by evidence. How did they respond?

a. BRAINWASHED by Pedos!

b. ass kisser