THE BROWNS BOARD

Fed’s Powell drives Dow down 1,000 points in end to rocky week

Vambo

Perhaps you were asleep at the wheel when the Great Crash occurred under Republican leadership and started a 10 year + rebound from there in early 2009. Markets do go up and down over time and if you didn't anticipate this eventuality, you'd better find more stable investments. If you so thoroughly believed that a Dem in the WH was going to send the market down, then why did you not either divest yourself or at least diversify?

56 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Perhaps you were asleep at the wheel when the Great Crash occurred under Republican leadership and started a 10 year + rebound from there in early 2009. Markets do go up and down over time and if you didn't anticipate this eventuality, you'd better find more stable investments. If you so thoroughly believed that a Dem in the WH was going to send the market down, then why did you not either divest yourself or at least diversify?

Doesn't seem like a very sound defense of today's situation does it?

WSS

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You really shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

You really shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

You said you lost $45,000. So how did that happen since you say I don't know what I'm talking about. Speaking for myself I have been anticipating inflation to bite us for every year of the trumpy $1Tril deficits and have kept both diversified and enough in protected assets in IRA's to weather 2 years of market downturns that would cover all required minimal distributions from assets that are subject to those laws.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Doesn't seem like a very sound defense of today's situation does it?

WSS

See above. I have continued with that practice because I thought inflation and market downturn were both long overdue through both administrations. It was a great run after the great Downturn of 2008-early 2009. But it would have been dumb to expect that forever.

38 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Speaking for myself

You should stick to that.

You don't know me.

You don't my financial situation.

You don't know what percentage of the big picture I have at risk in the market.

Stick to speaking for yourself

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

See above. I have continued with that practice because I thought inflation and market downturn were both long overdue through both administrations. It was a great run after the great Downturn of 2008-early 2009. But it would have been dumb to expect that forever.

There's always a correction around the corner. Combine that with a Joe Biden's Administration and it comes sooner and harder than it probably needs to.

Kind of like Nancy kerrigan. She wasn't going to be the number one ranked figure skater forever but probably longer than she would have been without Tanya Harding.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

There's always a correction around the corner. Combine that with a Joe Biden's Administration and it comes sooner and harder than it probably needs to.

Kind of like Nancy kerrigan. She wasn't going to be the number one ranked figure skater forever but probably longer than she would have been without Tanya Harding.

WSS

Tanya Harding is to Nancy Kerrigan what Joe Biden is to the United States

• Upvote 1