THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams star Aaron Donald swings helmet at Bengals during brawl, will he get a suspension?

Vambo

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/rams-star-aaron-donald-swings-helmet-bengals-during-brawl

For infractions on the practice field, the NFL typically leaves disciplinary action to individual teams. Whether that delegation still applies after a helmet has been used as a weapon during a fight will soon be determined. 

will he get a suspension?

...well, first they'll have to jibber-jabber about it for a while.....then they'll pass it off to useless Sue Robinson, useless because nobody listens to what she says....because Roger will appeal after in an effort to get his peepee cut off....oh wait, that's Watson.

edit:   And was it really wise to match the two superbowl teams together for a joint practice?  With that game still ringing so bad to the loser...

• Upvote 1

To me the bigger issue is not whether Donald will be suspended due to some technicality of practice vs a game. The bigger issue is how the sports media basically laughed this off as a non-issue but when Garrett did it, he had committed a crime etc. The only difference here is a game vs practice.

13 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

To me the bigger issue is not whether Donald will be suspended due to some technicality of practice vs a game. The bigger issue is how the sports media basically laughed this off as a non-issue but when Garrett did it, he had committed a crime etc. The only difference here is a game vs practice.

Very strange, indeed. 

I mean, does a helmet swung in practice hurt less than in a game?

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I mean, does a helmet swung in practice hurt less than in a game?

To me, it's not exactly a 'practice' when there's another team on the other side of the ball.  It's not a game....but it's not just practice either.  

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

To me, it's not exactly a 'practice' when there's another team on the other side of the ball.  It's not a game....but it's not just practice either.  

just another reason the nfl don't want in on the officiating business... they'd almost have to rule on this..if that's their refs being sent out to inter-squad practices?

losing regular season games won't happen.. But I'm kinda shocked, that Donald won't be majorly fined to one of Roger's fine donation clubs? 

inter-squad's >can't have nice things 

6 hours ago, Silver slayer said:

The league is saying it's in practice so they can't and won't do anything. 

Wait what's that personal conduct policy for??

Agreed. They can base their punishments on what they see fit, even if a player is found innocent, but they can't punish someone who commited an aggression in plain daylight in front of the cameras. 

Aaron Donald is becoming a bigger douchebag as years go by. 

You simply don't swing a helmet, it's not that hard to understand. 

On 8/28/2022 at 12:11 PM, Silver slayer said:

The league is saying it's in practice so they can't and won't do anything. 

Wait what's that personal conduct policy for??

Right. Apparently the personal conduct policy only applies to off-field stuff. How stupid.

13 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Right. Apparently the personal conduct policy only applies to off-field stuff. How stupid.

I have watched the game for a long time.  I can't think of a time where the league stepped in and fined or suspended a player for a training camp brawl.  I see no reason why they should start now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I have watched the game for a long time.  I can't think of a time where the league stepped in and fined or suspended a player for a training camp brawl.  I see no reason why they should start now.

Ditto. 

Just surprising given the times we live in. 

My point is if they're going to intervene for off the field stuff (assaults) then this would ve the time to at least issue a statement