THE BROWNS BOARD

$300,000,000,000

Vambo

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Teachers have a cake job and get paid top dollar for it. 

You earn more money by doing something that others can't do or don't want to do.

WSS

Top dollar? What in the world are you taking about?

Cake job? Oh geez... The right's crusade against education continues 

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Why exactly is college a scam?

Really hoping for me here than the typical anti academic, "liberal indoctrination" rhetoric 

You can watch the Maher video. Even without watching it you can look at the skyrocketing price of college tuition and the devaluation of return for investment. You can probably take stock of how things have changed since my father went to college and since I went to college and today. But I know I know, history began 30 years ago.

WSS

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Top dollar? What in the world are you taking about?

Cake job? Oh geez... The right's crusade against education continues 

Horse s*** Woody. I would bet that every guy on this board could teach School 9 out of 10 subjects with a few weeks training.

An exception might possibly be stem subjects. But not that many kids take those. But still the curriculum doesn't change much ear to year. And the lesson plans are pretty much set in stone.

The scam is pretending you need a master's degree or Beyond to babysit.

WSS

58 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh boy, a bunch of things I didn't said. Where to start! Good luck to me!

Both of my grandfather's were dear before I was born. So I'll start with that 

Next, I never said the Dems were legitimately, entirely fit the poor. I've repeatedly said both parties are trash. I've repeatedly said the elites run a larger part of the Dems as well. The MAGA morons on here just seem to look past that each time. Easier for them to make some dipshit argument if they can pretend the person they're arguing with is their exact opposite. Pelosi with here European vacations clearly doesn't give a shit about the common man. 

A myth? Thanks to modern changes to our ejection law money equals speech. You think it's a myth that the rich run this country? That's fucking adorable. Our last president definitely wasn't a billionaire and he definitely didn't pass laws to cut taxes for the other incredibly wealthy. 

Not sure why you're hounding in on Christians. Christians, like other religious folks, like to believe fairy tales. So it isn't a stretch of their imagination for them to believe the fairy tale trump is a Christian that cares about their interests. The bigger joke is thinking the guy that covers everything in gold, is a billionaire, has a son named Barron, lives in a tower with his name on it, hung out with Epstein, etc etc etc actually gives too fucks about the common man. 

Yep, Hilary sucks too. Definitely pandered to the south and blacks. I also didn't vote for her. The trump fangirl club on here may not hold any actual morals in their beliefs, but believe it or not, others do. Makes attempted internet debate "gotchas" like that a lot harder. 

My company doesn't have CEOs and many here make a lot. That said, the amount of posters on here living up to defend the rich are insane. You tell me I'm believing a fairy tale and yet we have a bunch of average Joe's jumping in front of bullets for billionaires. Thanks to some belief we owe everything to them. Or some even more ridiculous belief that the they have any chance in hell of getting to that level of wealth. 

Ah yes. Professional athletes, wealthy that are more likely to have liberal views, don't count because of those views. They don't actually work. Good to know. I haven't once shamed any CEOs salary. Nice try though. Maybe just, again, pay attention. I've repeatedly been talking about the taxes they pay. Athlete or CEO. About paying their fair share. And, again, the taxes corporations pay as a whole. Or more accurately, what they don't pay. But athletes Don't necessarily have companies that emoloy people so they aren't given demigod status apparently. 

Last paragraph... Umm. Alright? Very real chance they should be paying more in taxes. Tucker Carlson too. And shit, Tucker is actively damaging this country. Even though his own legal defense would tell you know reasonable viewer would take him seriously. Right. 

Again, very strange to me to see so many lining up to defend the ultra wealthy when those same folks wouldn't even give them the time of day. But hey, we'd be nothing without them! Or, at least, you sure as hell believe that. 

Pray for our country!

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You can watch the Maher video. Even without watching it you can look at the skyrocketing price of college tuition and the devaluation of return for investment. You can probably take stock of how things have changed since my father went to college and since I went to college and today. But I know I know, history began 30 years ago.

WSS

I've repeatedly mentioned the ballooning cost of college as a major issue. I've pointed out the increase in tuition cost has far outpaced inflation. No comments were made that were remotely close to stating cmhistoey began 30 years ago.

If you want to have a back and forth at least follow along with what I'm posting...

And even with ballooning costs I wouldn't call it a scam. 

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Horse s*** Woody. I would bet that every guy on this board could teach School 9 out of 10 subjects with a few weeks training.

An exception might possibly be stem subjects. But not that many kids take those. But still the curriculum doesn't change much ear to year. And the lesson plans are pretty much set in stone.

The scam is pretending you need a master's degree or Beyond to babysit.

WSS

Oh bullshit any of you could. There are multiple posters on here I don't even think could handle fractions. 

And here we see the clear anti school, anti academic, anti expert mentality rearing it's ugly head. The mentality that's become some prevalent among the right.

Go listen to any Fox broadcast on student loan forgiveness. You'd think every person getting $10k is an East coast elitist graduate degree holder in Ethiopian poetry. Which they then say is being paid for by the hard working, god fearing, Midwestern plumber. The attempts at class warfare and division here are so damn obvious. 

I'd question any political group actively pushing for it's constituents to be less educated.... 

A crusade against public school teachers is just the most recent attempt at attacking education.

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh bullshit any of you could. There are multiple posters on here I don't even think could handle fractions. 

And here we see the clear anti school, anti academic, anti expert mentality rearing it's ugly head. The mentality that's become some prevalent among the right.

Go listen to any Fox broadcast on student loan forgiveness. You'd think every person getting $10k is an East coast elitist graduate degree holder in Ethiopian poetry. Which they then say is being paid for by the hard working, god fearing, Midwestern plumber. The attempts at class warfare and division here are so damn obvious. 

I'd question any political group actively pushing for it's constituents to be less educated.... 

A crusade against public school teachers is just the most recent attempt at attacking education.

It's not a crusade against education whatsoever woody. It's a crusade against mistaking college degrees for success or intelligence. But we are talking about teachers here. I'm sure you're good at arithmetic that doesn't mean you'd be a good teacher. I'm willing to bet I sing better than anybody on this forum. Does that mean I'd be a good music teacher? Problem is you are arrogant. If being good at anything made you a good teacher then all the great coaches would have been Hall of Fame football players. All the great music teachers would be great musicians. Salieri was a hawk Mozart was a genius . That's not what teaching is that's what performing is about.

We've been over this plenty of times start school look over the curriculum and go through the day today rote. If you have a knack for it if you like dealing with kids if you're good at dealing with kids you'll be successful. If not a Masters or a doctorate won't help.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I Don't Feel Good GIFs | Tenor

55 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

It's not a crusade against education whatsoever woody. It's a crusade against mistaking college degrees for success or intelligence. But we are talking about teachers here. I'm sure you're good at arithmetic that doesn't mean you'd be a good teacher. I'm willing to bet I sing better than anybody on this forum. Does that mean I'd be a good music teacher? Problem is you are arrogant. If being good at anything made you a good teacher then all the great coaches would have been Hall of Fame football players. All the great music teachers would be great musicians. Salieri was a hawk Mozart was a genius . That's not what teaching is that's what performing is about.

We've been over this plenty of times start school look over the curriculum and go through the day today rote. If you have a knack for it if you like dealing with kids if you're good at dealing with kids you'll be successful. If not a Masters or a doctorate won't help.

WSS

Case and point... Let's use Larry Bird as an example... Great player , Great vision... HOF'er right?... His coaching record was not very good.. There are good Gas lighters and good Gladiators so to speak... Salieri was no slouch by any means as a musician,composer... Mozart understood how to use the natural scale in his head and derive from that and branch it out in his mind in varying degrees. In other words... From the natural scale.. There is a degree from the root notes that branches out into other scales. Dorian,Phrygian,Locrian and so on just to name a couple... Mozart was just a cut above the others because he had perfect pitch or just very good pitch recognition...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Do you think they should forgive tax debt ?

How about home mortgage debt?

There is no canceling student loan debt, there is only transferring it to someone else.

'Math is Racist' Crowd Runs Rampant in Seattle, Portland

https://www.newsweek.com/math-racist-crowd-runs-rampant-seattle-portland-opinion-1701491

And you wonder why the can't pay their student loans...

• Sad 1

You are too ignorant, yet you should be smart enough to not say stuff that makes you look like a complete bird ass. I was in secondary education and was complemented by some instructors that I was a natural teacher. I taught Sunday school for a year - 4th and 5th grade boys. The previous gal teaching, couldn't handle the boisterous turkeys. One of the parents came to me - and thanked me for inspiring the kids, especially their comedian disrespectful son. His father was the police chief...

I was a step in boy scouts leader of a troop - my best friend was leaving for Ohio State, and the troop leader went back to Israel for something. He was in intel when he was in the military, I think. They loved my best friend, and they said we were both so much alike, they were glad.

You seem to have NO idea what leadership is. In all this time, you show zero leadership qualities. Leadership - that is a lot of being a teacher.

I ended up being a leader in our squadron, you have no clue - most of us, I'm sure we all have our stories to contradict your chickencrap demeaning bs.

Birdpoop. Just because you are not respected on this forum, doesn't mean "anti-school, anti academic,..." nothing. That is just another slur intended to make you look more like big bird than a pothead Tweetybird.

I listen to Fox news all the time - that is not true, birdbrain who doesn't listen much, ever, to Fox News. You are a self-indulgent liar.

btw, "crusade against public schools? LOL you're a moron. We love public schools - except for the leftwing brainwashing of children. Will you ever stop being a feathered woodpecker's asswhole?

(apparent answer: "can't"

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Why exactly is college a scam?

Really hoping for me here than the typical anti academic, "liberal indoctrination" rhetoric 

My guess is that you may not have been exposed liberal indoctrination much due to the coursework required for your major as would a liberal arts major.

It's not rhetoric. Aside from the fact that conservative speakers on campus have had to employ bodyguards, and members of Student Conservative Club harassed, there is on record professors and teachers who have chastised, discriminated against, and had given lower grades to those with conservative viewpoints.

When you spoke of your belief in the "ruling class" guess who is included?

The American Ruling Class. By Beatrice Walton. September 6, 2011. They are rich. They are powerful. And they are Ivy-League educated. They lead our country in everything from politics to banking to Wall Street and even academia. They include senators, corporate executives, federal government bureaucrats, finance moguls

In looking for a source that meets your approval in trying to give you an example of student indoctrination, one of the very first stories I found was the article below.

Lo and behold the video was banned, so you shouldn't deny that anti-conservative censorship is nothing but rhetoric as well.

A political science professor used her syllabi to ask students “to write and speak in a way that does not assume American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality, middle-class status, etc. to be the norm.” I explained that I thought being judged before the class even began and being forced to act in such a way ran against the mission of every institution of higher education.

The article soon went viral. Talk radio show hosts discussed it on air and it got picked up all across the Internet at places such as The Wall Street Journal’s “Best of the Web Today.” 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

One more side effect of K through 16 education is that now instead of going to work after high school kids will have four more years of sitting on their ass, probably on the government's dime, while they study some useless course that won't make them a living but give them the opportunity to feel Superior to craftspeople.

Face it a great number if not most people are too stupid and lazy to take courses (or otherwise learn a skill) that will provide them a productive future.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...