THE BROWNS BOARD

Resign Tretter?

Westside Steve

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe they like Pocic. Who knows? He was a second rounder as a first team ALL- SEC player.

Might be.

-OH- the amazing world of economics and accounting running professional sports.....all professional sports.  Especially pro football and the caps and budgets which guide everything.   Who you (the coaches and FO ) can keep, cut, sign, resign kind of makes you miss the old 60s and 70s golden years of pro football.   

-BUT- those teams like the old DeBartolo 49ers who brought about the current caps and rules that made the old dynasties like the old Raiders, Packers, Steelers,  49ers, Cowboys  an a very few others  possible. And from that you either loved or hated them.

-AND- the other medium and small market teams (and fans) complained loud enough that helped bring about the current caps and rules to make it fair for all teams.  How have the Raiders, 49ers and others done since the newer caps and rules taken place ?  Outside of maybe the Brady, Belichick, Kraft led Patriot dynasty how have they done recently ?  It made it so almost any team has a shot at the expanded playoffs to get in and be in the running for a shot at the Super Bowl  (you see that in the MLB also).  

-SO-  do you miss the dynasties of the past or the worst to first teams (like the Bengals)  have a chance to play ?   Now sure coaching,  drafting, teamwork etc. al. trill matter but the new rules apparently are here to stay.

-WHEW-  what do you think ?   And....

GO BROWNS,  just draft and sign better players !   (Oh my.)

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe they like Pocic. Who knows? He was a second rounder as a first team ALL- SEC player.

And Tim Tebow was a 1st round pick as an all-sec player...   really doesn't mean shit.

If they didn't like Pocic, or felt he could at least steady the ship for a time, I'm sure there would be a lot more action on that front.    And there might be, still a young season.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

And Tim Tebow was a 1st round pick as an all-sec player...   really doesn't mean shit.

If they didn't like Pocic, or felt he could at least steady the ship for a time, I'm sure there would be a lot more action on that front.    And there might be, still a young season.

Oh come on tia, you know there is a big difference between a QB who won a Championship without a lot of Pro QB skills (I thought he was a foolish pick) and a guy in the trenches slugging it out with the best DLs around.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh come on tia, you know there is a big difference between a QB who won a Championship without a lot of Pro QB skills (I thought he was a foolish pick) and a guy in the trenches slugging it out with the best DLs around.

Two of your A&M boys......

Ogbuehi - ALL SEC OT slugging it out in the trenches. - average

Germain Ifedi - slugging it out in the trenches. - wasn't even good enough for the Bears to keep around.

Again, the All "insert xx whatever conference, all American" doesn't mean shit once you're in the league.  That previous success in college isn't going to save you if you're average in the NFL.     And I told you, the more you pimp the SEC as an aggie, the more I'm going to make fun of you.  

By this logic you'd take Pocic over All-pro Corey Linsley who did not receive any all-conference honors....? 

Let's chalk it up to a "meh", shall we?

37 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Two of your A&M boys......

Ogbuehi - ALL SEC OT slugging it out in the trenches. - average

Germain Ifedi - slugging it out in the trenches. - wasn't even good enough for the Bears to keep around.

Again, the All "insert xx whatever conference, all American" doesn't mean shit once you're in the league.  That previous success in college isn't going to save you if you're average in the NFL.     And I told you, the more you pimp the SEC as an aggie, the more I'm going to make fun of you.  

By this logic you'd take Pocic over All-pro Corey Linsley who did not receive any all-conference honors....? 

Let's chalk it up to a "meh", shall we?

LOL!😁

Former Browns, Packers center JC Tretter announces retirement after eight NFL seasons

Tretter, who's currently the NFLPA president, was a stalwart on Cleveland's offensive line for five seasons

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-browns-packers-center-jc-tretter-announces-retirement-after-eight-nfl-seasons/

• Upvote 1