THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

The basic end result Lar... Follow the damn money!!.. It's basically what it will all boil down to.... They didn't push that scandi knife quite deep enough yet...

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

Not that obvious to me. I still think a 1 year plus hefty fine is coming. I'm going from past commish behavior here.🤗

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I’m thinking 8-12 games, and not a full season because of the aforementioned half assed apology.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:51 PM, mjp28 said:

Wow didn't take long for this thread to turn into guitars and whatever. 

But then again any thread with Watson + anything is doomed to be another Watson-o-matic bunch of rehashed stuff.

Can't wait until next week  real football with someone under center.   Oh yeah are you ready....oh nevermind.

GO BROWNS.....baby.

Yes now with preseason game #1 in the books we will have a better idea where the DW legal, NFL and Cleveland BROWNS plans go.   

Who are the real #2, 3 maybe taxi squad (if any) quarterbacks are......and when DW will be a permanent part of the Cleveland BROWNS legacy goes.    After all he's already bought and paid for.

Like it or not he's our future #1 QB.       :) :(

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m thinking 8-12 games, and not a full season because of the aforementioned half assed apology.

I don't care what it is... make a decision and move on... No one looks good in this from any angle you choose...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I don't care what it is... make a decision and move on... No one looks good in this from any angle you choose...

And if the commish waits until after the last dress rehearsal pre-season game, then he is just being petty with the Browns for playing Watson at all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not that obvious to me. I still think a 1 year plus hefty fine is coming. I'm going from past commish behavior here.🤗

BUT- Goodell can recommend a year + a big fine. This time around he's not making the final call on what's going to happen... His designated hatchet man will though. 

From the length of time this is taking I'm not the only one suspecting there's a ton of behind the scenes negotiating going on. (that was allowed for in the CBA)  Harvey was only supposed to go through evidence that had already been submitted, not look at anything new. It's been almost two weeks...  

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Again 8 or 12 games is actually worse for the Cleveland browns.

Thank you!  I've been saying this right along.  Our season will be $#!+ AND we'll lose one year of his contract.  And, now the bigger paydays for him come right to his doorstep.   If they suspend him all year then his contract is pushed off a year and his low pay 1 mil salary is what will be at his doorstep.  But I'm pretty confident that Roger GoToHell will be looking to screw us as much as he possibly can.

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Word! ^^

I'm really tired of fans & media now grabbing the low hanging fruit, that was not so clear when several teams were in the mix when trading for Watson.. how soon they forget what was not known at his trade date..

What the NFL don't want to do? is suspend him a year.. Toll his contract of a million into 2023... When he still has a holdout case (or more Buzbee?) that could be suspend-able into the 2023 season.. including.. if he can stay clean? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Thank you!  I've been saying this right along.  Our season will be $#!+ AND we'll lose one year of his contract.  And, now the bigger paydays for him come right to his doorstep.   If they suspend him all year then his contract is pushed off a year and his low pay 1 mil salary is what will be at his doorstep.  But I'm pretty confident that Roger GoToHell will be looking to screw us as much as he possibly can.

I'm just stating what I think would probably be better for the team I couldn't give less of a damn what's better for Watson. Screw Jimmy Haslam and screw the bogus pay chain they put together.

And if anybody has screwed the Browns it's Jimmy and Watson and the Houston Texans. Sure Rodger Goodell is an incompetent putz but this dunk tank over a cesspool isn't his fault.

WSS 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, Orion said:

But they wouldn't have done that because he wasn't that much of an upgrade over Baker.  But he probably IS an upgrade over Brissette.  

Good point Orion!  I think another big part of this is the question of when he'll be ready to play for a new team, new offense and players he has no familiarity with whatsoever.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I couldn't give less of a damn what's better for Watson.

...but that's YOU.  The women fans is what the NFL is trying to appease here.  And the media...who's feeding their frenzy.  They give a damn...and they want what's worse for him.  So if you're gonna totally screw the team by keeping the QB out for 10-12 games AND losing a contract year, then DON'T DO THAT.  Keep him out ALL year.  No pay at all.  And only 1 mil next year.  That way the team isn't getting a double screwing by losing a contract year.  

That's all I'm saying.  Don't screw the team so heavily.  But I really feel that the owners want Haslam screwed because of that very contract that I'm advocating for.  The infamous Guaranteed Money.  And the only reason I'm fighting for the years of the contract is because, hey, we're in this whether we like it or we don't.  We're not able to spin the arrow of time so we can go back and undo this.  I want the best possible outcome for the team, because if the team gets screwed then we, the passionate fans, you know, like the ones that post on the team message board(s), get screwed.  Not the official league of women librarians.  Us.

I think over the years I've called Haslam every name in the book.  Trigger finger, crook, sleazy, liar.....I referred to them as Pilot J's Flying Circus on the original team message board, which closed up like, the next day.  I'm still pissed at him for what he did to our uniform...I mean, he had to fuck everything up including the uniforms.....everything had to be Pilot J New & Improved.   BUT....ironically, I'm not chastising him for this move...because I actually believe that it should be better for the team if we can have Watson at QB instead of Baker.  But I certainly understand the sentiment that it's right up sleazy Jimmuh's alley.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ya know... I get this ugly feeling Watson is gonna end up like OBJ here and simply "not fit". He looked totally uncomfortable and out of place in his appearance the other night... He even looked disinterested in what was going on... I think his mind is every place else but on Football right now.. This is gonna end ugly... I'm just feeling it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Ya know... I get this ugly feeling Watson is gonna end up like OBJ here and simply "not fit". He looked totally uncomfortable and out of place in his appearance the other night... He even looked disinterested in what was going on... I think his mind is every place else but on Football right now.. This is gonna end ugly... I'm just feeling it.

It's Browns history tipping the scales I tell ya. Win the Superbowl every August and struggle to make it a winning season by December.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Orion said:

...but that's YOU.  The women fans is what the NFL is trying to appease here.  And the media...who's feeding their frenzy.  They give a damn...and they want what's worse for him.  So if you're gonna totally screw the team by keeping the QB out for 10-12 games AND losing a contract year, then DON'T DO THAT.  Keep him out ALL year.  No pay at all.  And only 1 mil next year.  That way the team isn't getting a double screwing by losing a contract year.  

That's all I'm saying.  Don't screw the team so heavily.  But I really feel that the owners want Haslam screwed because of that very contract that I'm advocating for.  The infamous Guaranteed Money.  And the only reason I'm fighting for the years of the contract is because, hey, we're in this whether we like it or we don't.  We're not able to spin the arrow of time so we can go back and undo this.  I want the best possible outcome for the team, because if the team gets screwed then we, the passionate fans, you know, like the ones that post on the team message board(s), get screwed.  Not the official league of women librarians.  Us.

I think over the years I've called Haslam every name in the book.  Trigger finger, crook, sleazy, liar.....I referred to them as Pilot J's Flying Circus on the original team message board, which closed up like, the next day.  I'm still pissed at him for what he did to our uniform...I mean, he had to fuck everything up including the uniforms.....everything had to be Pilot J New & Improved.   BUT....ironically, I'm not chastising him for this move...because I actually believe that it should be better for the team if we can have Watson at QB instead of Baker.  But I certainly understand the sentiment that it's right up sleazy Jimmuh's alley.

You might have missed my point in the very first line of your response. I realize exactly why the NFL is playing Hardball with watson. Not only women but some guys who are a little bit patriarchal about women. As I've said before I don't think his behavior should necessarily be felonious but it really is creepy and he really is a liar and Haslem and the Texans really are Crooks. Beyond that positioning the suspension so that we get an extra year of Watson who cares? If the Browns are playing at a Super Bowl level for the next four years with him I would assume he'd want to stay and they would pay him to stay. If on the other hand the team underperforms because of the lack of draft picks attrition Etc then who wants to be on the hook for another year?

WSS

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nickers said:

So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

....... are you ready for some football? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Hopefully that's all of us.  

Well of course. On the other hand I suspect that at least some possibly even most of these accusers are at the very least embellishing the story in order to get a cash payout. In the big picture false accusations are at least as egregious as anything Watson was accused of. And a disservice to the ones whose accusations were valid.

WSS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, now...Harvey doesn't want to make a ruling.  He wants to see if the two sides can work it out for themselves.  And if, after an undetermined amount of time goes by with no settlement, then he'll finally have to do his job as an NFL contractor.  

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

So, now...Harvey doesn't want to make a ruling.  He wants to see if the two sides can work it out for themselves.  And if, after an undetermined amount of time goes by with no settlement, then he'll finally have to do his job as an NFL contractor.  

In other words... more waste of time...

• Thanks 1

Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

I say, if it's more than 6 games then give the league the middle finger and take 'em to court.  As it is, 6 games is probably enough to put the season in the dumpster but there might be some slim chance at a playoff run.  Any more than that and the season is trash anyway.  I mean, we're not talking about a RB or a WR.  We're talking about the most important position on a team.   Now, I understand that whether it's a RB, WR, or QB, doesn't mean that punishment should be different between them.....but they're jerking the team around when it affects the most important cog in the machine.

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

....... are you ready for some football? 

Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

I'm sure he would. 

But I'd be shocked if the NFL went through all this just to tack on 2 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

No Mickey Ds…he was at Happy Ending Burger!

158F389C-6C03-487F-8E65-07A1B12085B1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Has Mr DW figured it out yet that he doesn't need to put up with all of this hassle ?   

The Cleveland Browns have guaranteed his future of being a rich player no matter what he does or how he performs or even whether he's in shape or not.  

He hasn't played in forever and is facing even more real NFL hitting and action to be lost.  This in a game where not being 100% sharp is so crucial. 

Bottom line the BROWNS  are screwed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office.  🤣

I've always enjoyed Phil Sims as a opinion-tive straight shooter..(unbias on many players)  Bill Parcell's coaching/tude has taught him well in his next job career... Sure he's got haters (players included) But when I look for QB opinions? He's not been short on his words or opinions... I hope he's right on Brissett..👍(high praise from Phil in video) former Colts coach Chuck Pagano has spoken highly of Jacoby Brissett also..Brissett replaced Peyton Manning.. Knew not a play when he was acquired..  

Might explain the many Watson Hoodie looks at Camp? 

ok, that's enough piling on penalties 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Canton Dawg said:

Congratulations Roger, you managed to make a system look more foolish than Congress.

Take a bow douchebag.

👍

Months...

And Somehow were right back to where this whole 💩show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

Call it Harvey !

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

👍

Months...

And Somehow were right back to where this whole 💩show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

Call it Harvey !

The Browns traded for Watson five months ago today.

It's been a smooth ride, hasn't it?